monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:21 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

Reading over the many posts & threads here, it is clear that A2K's cheerleaders for the liberal left are having a very tough time accepting their collective imminent irrelevance. Give no quarter.

The work of progressives throughout time will never lack relevance. But for their enduring efforts you would not have the time, money, or freedom to sit on this discussion board and denigrate your fellow citizens.
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:23 pm
@Debra Law,
Politifact shows that Trump lies over 75% of the time, and we have some people too ignorant to do their own checking. It's obvious from watching Trump, because he flip-flops on most things.
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:25 pm
@farmerman,
Screwing farm animals... now is this a subject that you are intimately acquainted with FARMERman...just asking.

And by the way... have you ever seen a original copy of the Bill of Rights... Did you know that the 10th Amendment as we know it now was actually the 12th Amendment before two amendments were removed for the final draft? Who's the dummy now?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

@Debra Law,
http://trumplies.com/
0 Replies

Frugal1

@Debra Law,
I suggest that you embrace your irrelevance, you can thank me later.
revelette1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:28 pm
@Debra Law,
I am not sure what you mean by red meat issues. I have my issues which concern me and that is really all I can speak to. Front and center is working on helping the middle and lower class be in a better place financially rather than just the top which also includes the poor of rural America as well the more urban cities. I can understand some of the decisions which were made when Obama first took office, we were in a financial crises. He tried to pass some jobs programs and he didn't get very far with either party. Another issue is justice for minorities. Those are my main issues, not sure really they qualify for the label of red meat issues. If Obama had one fault is that he thought it was better to compromise to get something rather than nothing at all and I guess that is what you all hold against him. I think some people expect miracles. I doubt historians will be harsh on him in retrospect.
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:29 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

Frugal1 wrote:

Reading over the many posts & threads here, it is clear that A2K's cheerleaders for the liberal left are having a very tough time accepting their collective imminent irrelevance. Give no quarter.

The work of progressives throughout time will never lack relevance. But for their enduring efforts you would not have the time, money, or freedom to sit on this discussion board and denigrate your fellow citizens.

Wrong... Just more revisionist liberal history. Those enduring efforts were brought to us by the founding fathers who not only brought us the guarantee freedom of speech but also the right to keep and bear arms.
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
PolitiFact equals lying liberal.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:30 pm
@Debra Law,
Your message has been that Trump = Hitler and his cabinet will be nothing but billionaires who have only their self interest at heart.

Am I wrong about that? Because that is what you have been saying and when that is what you are saying, your message deserves to be mocked.
revelette1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:31 pm
@giujohn,
Yeah, all the while owning slaves and women didn't have any rights.
Frugal1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:32 pm
@revelette1,
0bama NEVER tried to compromise with republicans, he only compromised with enemies of the state.
revelette1

@McGentrix,
I don't think she added Hitler but his cabinet is full of billionaires, it is a simple fact.
Debra Law

@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

I suggest that you embrace your irrelevance, you can thank me later.

And you can thank me, a progressive, every time you spew your brand of bile into the universe. But for progressives, you would be cannon fodder with no rights at all. You're welcome.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:34 pm
@Frugal1,
Most of the results of the ACA is from compromises with republican and their ideas, then they didn't vote for it anyway just because it was Obama. It is the way they run the whole eight years.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:34 pm
From the Washington Post, no less.

Quote:
Maybe Donald Trump knows exactly what he’s doing with these Cabinet picks

When Donald Trump was elected president three weeks ago, many Democrats -- and even some Republicans -- openly fretted about whom he would pick to be in his Cabinet...Trump continues to demonstrate that those early worries were way off base. In fact, Trump's Cabinet choices -- and some of his potential choices -- reflect a political savviness that many people haven't been willing to grant the president-elect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/02/donald-trump-deserves-more-credit-than-hes-getting-for-his-cabinet-picks/
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:40 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Yeah, all the while owning slaves and women didn't have any rights.

And what relevance do those facts have on the drafting then or the application of the constitution now? What are non-starter response, typical of the liberal left.
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:41 pm
@revelette1,
Billionaire... to liberals it means the devil to others it means a successful person.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:04 pm
@blatham,
I'm older than that neanderthal, so there. I've not smoked it since, um, 1974, that was a good year, but that's because I prefer booze or wine, being older than the boomers. I even lived in Humboldt County for years, sans a whif. Was never against it, think the long fight against it has been very stupid, multiply wasteful, and a big part of the causation 0f cartels and the human price from the cartels.

One of these days I may benefit from it for medical reasons, and the hell with Sessions, I'll get it somehow.
layman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:30 pm
Quote:
INTERVIEWER: What did Goldman Sachs represent for you?

STEVE BANNON: Goldman Sachs represented excellence and meritocracy. It didn’t matter where you came from, it didn’t matter what school you went to, what your religion was or what was your ethnicity. It just mattered how hard you worked, how smart you were, and how good a banker you were for your clients.

=====

Goldman Sachs is one of the architects of neoliberal globalization, especially moving American factories to China and elsewhere in Asia. And, like other banks, Goldman has lobbied US companies to look for lower wages out of the country to boost profitability.

In his interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Bannon said, “The globalists gutted the American working class and created a middle class in Asia. The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f—ed over. If we deliver.”

Hmmm, dont sound like Bannon is a "team player" at Sachs no more, eh?

Too bad for Sachs. The worst kind of enemy to have is one who has infiltrated your operation and knows your plans, modus operandi, etc.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:34 pm
It appears that Gen MAddis is a good choice. Maddis is a thoughtful and analytical professional. He will , perhaps, counterbalance the cluelessness and impulsiveness of "der Boss"