monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:09 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Get out the pitchforks, someone has a superior vocabulary.

Must have gone to university to perfect pedophilia strategies.

We should be vigilant against those who know more than we do!

hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:37 am
@Lash,
Quote:
We should be vigilant against those who know more than we do!

The ever-vigilant Khmer Rouge simply executed anyone who wore glasses.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 08:41 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Must have gone to university to perfect pedophilia strategies.
Are you accusing me of perfecting pedophilia strategies?
snood

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 09:01 am
Kudos all around for superior vocabulary and biting wit.

I was merely making the observation that in current discussions about issues like Epstein’s predations, there are sometimes apologists making subtle quasi scientific defenses for the monsters’ “preferences”.

If you don’t think that is happening, we may disagree but I don’t accept it makes you smarter than me.
Baldimo

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 09:09 am
@snood,
There was recently a TED talk where a woman was talking about pedophilia being a unchangeable sexual orientation that should be accepted. Salon tried to do the same thing a couple of years ago with 2 different articles written by a pedophile, the slope has slipped.

snood

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 10:34 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

There was recently a TED talk where a woman was talking about pedophilia being a unchangeable sexual orientation that should be accepted. Salon tried to do the same thing a couple of years ago with 2 different articles written by a pedophile, the slope has slipped.

I think for some things an individual has to rely more on their own personal moral compass than what the “slides” of public opinion dictate.
Lash

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 10:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Snood did. Try to keep up!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 10:57 am
@snood,
That will work until they start calling you a bigot...
hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 11:27 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
There was recently a TED talk where a woman was talking about pedophilia being a unchangeable sexual orientation that should be accepted.

It's the tension between biology and culture. The practice, even the desire, is seen (properly) as morally wrong — in our culture. There are people who label themselves "virtuous pedophiles" — you can do a search — and forswear taking any action on their orientation. They are dealing with the hand that was dealt them. It's a morass of conflicted desires, self control, depression, and fear.
Baldimo

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 11:38 am
@hightor,
Is this a vote for accepting pedophilia?
coldjoint

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 11:54 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Is this a vote for accepting pedophilia?

The Left is trying to normalize this kind of behavior. If you do not believe it look at what is normal now compared to 50 years ago. They are devious, unprincipled, and patient.
Lash

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 12:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Most people hate to find out a lot of miserable, disgusting behavior is actually rooted in mental illness.

It doesn’t automatically absolve the perpetrator of the guilt, although the existence of a contributing mental illness is a mitigating circumstance which might be taken into consideration during a trial and or sentencing.

It is a mental illness.
Lash

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 12:09 pm
This is a good explanation: https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/explaining-pedophilia

0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 12:33 pm
@Lash,
Another vote for pedophilia?
Walter Hinteler

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 12:40 pm
@Baldimo,
I don't think that when calling someone ill you "vote" for the illness.

Therapies can reduce the likelihood of recidivism in pedophiles who have committed a criminal offence by about 18%. But otherwise, the only option is a lifelong stay in a closed psychiatric clinic.
Baldimo

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 12:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It sounds like people are already coming up with their excuses to accept this "new sexual orientation" that will be pushed by the left and the MSM. Just in time for Epstein's trial... maybe they will just put him in some nice mental institution so he can get therapy, after all he's just misunderstood, he isn't responsible for his actions, he's sick...
Walter Hinteler

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 01:25 pm
@Baldimo,
I neither think that it's a "new sexual orientation" nor a "sexual orientation".

I don't think that closed psychiatric hospitals are " nice mental institution". But certainly nicer than a proper prison

https://i.imgur.com/zQZ1sHS.jpg
(Pictured: Forensic clinical centre Lippstadt [8 miles from where I live])
0 Replies

snood

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 01:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

That will work until they start calling you a bigot...

No... if I am called a bigot for believing that child rape is a real thing and that children don’t have the emotional agency to consent, then I’ll be just fine with that.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 01:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It sounds like people are already coming up with their excuses to accept this "new sexual orientation" that will be pushed by the left and the MSM. Just in time for Epstein's trial... maybe they will just put him in some nice mental institution so he can get therapy, after all he's just misunderstood, he isn't responsible for his actions, he's sick...

Why are you trying to pin normalization of pedophilia on the left? I’m of the left, and I don’t think it’s normal. And I think most people on the left I know don’t think it’s normal.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 02:16 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
The Left is trying to normalize this kind of behavior.

By definition, you can't "normalize" a behavior practiced by a very small minority within the general population.