monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 02:23 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Is this a vote for accepting pedophilia?

That's the sort of response I would expect from you. What do you mean by "accept"? Yeah, I accept that there are people who, through no fault of their own, are sexually attracted to children. You don't? I don't accept coercive behavior, I don't accept violating the trust of kids, I don't accept procuring young people for sexual exploitation, and I don't accept a lot of other behaviors clustered around this psychological condition.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 02:25 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Just in time for Epstein's trial... maybe they will just put him in some nice mental institution so he can get therapy, after all he's just misunderstood, he isn't responsible for his actions, he's sick...

Bullshit. The guy basically ran a prostitution ring for himself and his rich buddies. What he did would be illegal even if the victims were of age.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 02:34 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
By definition, you can't "normalize" a behavior practiced by a very small minority within the general population.

Sure you can, the left has been doing that for most of my lifetime. 20 years ago, homosexuality was just starting to be normalized and today a vast majority of Americans could care less if someone is gay or not. I know my views on homosexuality have changed in that time. 10 years ago transgenderism was barely even heard of and today trans-normalization is everywhere, to the point where they are using hormone blockers on children to slow down puberty, and they are using them on children as young kindergarten.

hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 02:49 pm
@Baldimo,
The left didn't "normalize" homosexuality. Society came to accept it, mostly because the old arguments against the practice were seen as specious. I don't believe that homosexuality is now considered "normal" however.
BillRM

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 03:11 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

The left didn't "normalize" homosexuality. Society came to accept it, mostly because the old arguments against the practice were seen as specious. I don't believe that homosexuality is now considered "normal" however.

How do you define normal?????

It always been fairly common in humans an even other animals for that matter.

Some societies if found out could result in death an in other societies homosexual love and relationships was seen as an ideal.

Nothing is ever simple..........
Lash

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 03:18 pm
@BillRM,
I had a pansexual cockapoo named Jack. He'd throw his leg over anything in the neighborhood. Boy, girl, human, cat, fence.

He was prolific. He didn't get these subversive ideas from HBO.
BillRM

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 03:37 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I had a pansexual cockapoo named Jack. He'd throw his leg over anything in the neighborhood. Boy, girl, human, cat, fence.

He was prolific. He didn't get these subversive ideas from HBO.

My two outside male dogs are also in a relationship.
roger

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

He didn't get these subversive ideas from HBO.

How do you know?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:07 pm
Quote:
Food stamp participation hits 10-year low

What does that tell you about jobs and the economy? Who wants it to stop?
https://www.oann.com/food-stamp-participation-hits-10-year-low/
hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:10 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
How do you define normal?????

Ah, I get where you're coming from.
Quote:
It always been fairly common in humans an even other animals for that matter.

Sure, if it's always been normal that 5% - 10% of humans are homosexual then neither "the left" nor anyone else "normalized" it because it was already a normal feature of human demography. I think Baldimo was using it in a different way, that most people are straight, that heterosexuality is the "normal" orientation. In a tolerant society, being "normal" shouldn't be a requirement for social acceptance.
coldjoint

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:12 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
if it's always been normal that 5% - 10% of humans are homosexual then neither

Your numbers are inflated. 5% is as high as it gets. I posted an article that proves that.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:12 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
What does that tell you about jobs and the economy?

Well the article tells me this:
Quote:
President Trump further tightened requirements and has vowed to end dependency on the program, especially for illegal immigrants.

Last month, the USDA said it would adopt new polices that would make it harder for certain groups to be eligible for the benefits.

"It's not the economy, stupid."
RABEL222

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:15 pm
@Baldimo,
This isent anything new. In some states its legal to marry a girl at 12 years of age. Are the husbands pedifiles?
Glennn

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Holy crap! How old are the husbands?
coldjoint

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:27 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
"It's not the economy, stupid."

It sure is, and it will show in the vote in 2020.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 05:23 pm
@Glennn,
14 years and up. The states are all different ages.
Lash

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 05:39 pm
@BillRM,
Love the one you’re with, eh?
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 06:58 pm
Federal judge rejects Trump administration’s bid to swap out lawyers for Census case on citizenship question.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/federal-judge-rejects-trump-administrations-bid-to-swap-out-lawyers-for-census-case-on-citizenship-question/ar-AAE5KPA?ocid=UE13DHP
0 Replies

snood

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 07:06 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

This isent anything new. In some states its legal to marry a girl at 12 years of age. Are the husbands pedifiles?

I looked, and the States with the youngest legal age to marry are Alabama, Utah and New Hampshire. In Alabama and Utah, it’s 14 with parental consent. In New Hampshire makes 14 and females 13, but also only with consent from parents. Where are these states you speak of that allow legal marriage at age 12?
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 9 Jul, 2019 07:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
14 years and up.

At some point, such an arrangement has to be called . . . unhealthy, and at some point, a perversion. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
0 Replies