monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 11:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You may call it justified retaliation. The problem is, it isn't true.

People have every right to retaliate for leftist name-calling.

MontereyJack wrote:
Gun nut definitely does describe a lot of the people on your end of the spectrum.

Leftist name-calling reflects only on leftists.

MontereyJack wrote:
And I suspect freedom hater precedes it.

Retaliation doesn't work that way. Leftists start the fights, and conservatives finish the fights.

MontereyJack wrote:
And the charges of traitor and treason and similar preced it by at least fifty years.

I can justify every single accusation of treason that I've ever made against someone.
MontereyJack

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 11:08 pm
@oralloy,
All nonsense. Conservatives have been calling liberals names and trying to demonize us before I was born and probably before you were born too. And you merely continue an ignominious tradition and not very logically either.
MontereyJack

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 11:10 pm
@oralloy,
No you can't. any of yur cites that you think prove it are wack prima facie. By the way, I'd like to see you try to prove you are a trillion ties smarter than someone else here as you recently claimed, or even a hundred, a thusand, or a milln times smarter as you steadily escalated your megalomania.
oralloy

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 11:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
All nonsense. Conservatives have been calling liberals names and trying to demonize us before I was born and probably before you were born too.

If these other people cannot back up their accusations against you, you should take that up with them instead of lying about me.

MontereyJack wrote:
And you merely continue an ignominious tradition and not very logically either.

I can back up every accusation that I have personally made.

You cannot point out any flaws in my logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 11:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
By the way, I'd like to see you try to prove you are a trillion ties smarter than someone else here as you recently claimed, or even a hundred, a thusand, or a milln times smarter as you steadily escalated your megalomania.

No megalomania, and no escalation. The differing numbers relate to my assessment of the other person's intelligence.

I'm smart enough that, out of a statistically random population of ten million people, I'd be the smartest person.

If someone else would be the smartest out of a statistically random population of ten people, I would say I am a million times smarter than they are.

If someone else would be the dumbest out of a statistically random population of ten people, I would say I am 100 million times smarter than they are.

It's straightforward math.
FreedomEyeLove

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:00 am
Quote:
You're lying about coldjoint too.

You two are straw manned and ad hominem attacked no matter how strongly you prove your point.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:45 am
Trying to stop your children being killed gets you locked up in Trump's America.

Quote:
The arrest of a Florida woman who turned in her estranged husband's guns to police after he was held on domestic violence charges has provoked uproar.

A Florida state congresswoman has asked prosecutors to drop the case against Courtney Irby, who was jailed for six days on theft charges.

Democratic lawmaker Anna Eskamani said charging Mrs Irby, 32, would set "a scary precedent" for victims of abuse.

Prosecutors say they have not yet decided whether to pursue the case.

On Monday, Ms Eskamani shared the letter she sent to State Attorney Brian Haas on Twitter, saying: "Ms Irby was seeking help from the Lakeland Police Department and taking action to protect herself and her children.

"We should be outraged by her arrest and I am requesting that your office not prosecute her."

Assistant state attorney Jacob Orr told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that the office is "reviewing the allegations and all of the evidence collected by law enforcement".

Mrs Irby and her 35-year-old husband, Joseph Irby, who have two children, are in the middle of divorce proceedings after separating in December.

A lawyer for Mr Irby told Fox 13 that Mrs Irby had no right to enter his client's apartment. He described his client as a hard-working and calm family man.

On 14 June, following a divorce court meeting, Mr Irby was arrested for domestic aggravated battery after he allegedly ran his wife's vehicle off the road and hit her car with his own, the Lakeland Ledger reported.

Mrs Irby told officers she feared for her life during the incident and had requested restraining orders on Mr Irby in the past. She was subsequently granted another temporary restraining order.

The next day, Mrs Irby went to her husband's apartment, gathered up the firearms and brought them to the Lakeland Police Department.

When asked by an officer if she entered the apartment without her husband's permission, she said she had. The officer asked her to confirm that she had "committed an armed burglary".

"Yes, but he wasn't going to turn them in so I am doing it," she replied, according to the officer.

When police told Mr Irby his wife had turned in his guns, he asked to press charges.

Her lawyer has said her actions were not theft as she turned the guns in to law enforcement and did not take them for herself.

A judge released Mr Irby on 15 June on $10,000 (£7,850) bail with the order not to use, possess or carry any weapons or ammunition.

As Ms Eskamani pointed out in her letter that federal law may ban those with domestic violence convictions or restraining orders from possessing guns.

But at the state level there are loopholes that can prevent local law enforcement from enforcing those weapons restrictions.

Florida is one of 35 states that do not prohibit those convicted of minor domestic violence crimes or anyone subject to restraining orders from buying or using guns, Ms Eskamani said.

Both Mr and Mrs Irby are due in court again in July.

A fundraiser for her legal and living expenses already surpassed $6,400 on Monday afternoon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48747994<br />
izzythepush

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:59 am
Quote:
A Syrian civilian has been killed in an attack by Yemen's rebel Houthi movement on an airport in southern Saudi Arabia.

A spokesman for the Saudi-led military coalition fighting in Yemen said 21 other people were injured when Abha airport was struck on Sunday evening.

He did not say what type of weapon was used. But a Houthi TV channel said its fighters had targeted airports in Abha and nearby Jizan with drones.

It is the second time Abha airport has been hit in less than two weeks.

On 12 June, two children were among 26 civilians injured when a cruise missile launched by the Houthis struck the arrivals hall. Human Rights Watch denounced it as an apparent war crime.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-48743421
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 03:52 am
@oralloy,
Clearly you know nothing about statistics.
oralloy

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:05 am
@MontereyJack,
Does division and multiplication confuse you?
MontereyJack

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:26 am
@oralloy,
No, but that is absolutely the most stupid, least mathematically valid, language abusing argument you've made yet.
oralloy

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:44 am
@MontereyJack,
You asked. I explained.

You're free to dislike my logic if you wish. That won't bother me.

I've long since altered my tactics in any case. These days I only set the record straight regarding my own attributes without making any comparisons against the attributes of the other person.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:31 am
@oralloy,
"Long since alterde" means a week or so since you escalated to a trillion times after years of similar claims? Nah.Your claim has nothing to do with the sample size. There are roughly seven billion people in the world. There are about four over 8 feet tall. That's about one person in two billion. That one peron is not two billion times taller than someone else, which is how you would calculate it. It's not the ample size, it's measured against the standard height or intelligence . You have been linguistically and mathematically wrong, and judging from the quality of your posts, intellectually wrong as well.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 09:24 am
@izzythepush,
The problem with this case is this, she broke into his home and took his weapons, they weren't in the same house she lived in but his own residence. That's breaking and entering, that's what she was arrested for.
MontereyJack

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:17 pm
@Baldimo,
No. The problem is that he seems to be a danger to hef life and the kids and florida law is as fucked as ws keep hearing and doesnt offer protection from domestic violence. He drove her off the road and then rammed her car with his acording to the story. He shouldnt have access to guns a d alparently not abou to give them up. Living in FLAshe had to taje the lae into her own hands because the state wasnt protecting her which is why thevstste is gettng the drserved backlash.
Baldimo

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
She was arrested for breaking into his house and stealing his guns. She didn't live there and the guns weren't her property.

She could have called the police from outside his house and explained the situation, instead she broke in. It's not a hard concept to understand and most of the MSM has hidden the fact she broke into his house to take the weapons.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:36 pm
@Baldimo,
According to the article, she was arrested on theft charges.
Baldimo

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:39 pm
@InfraBlue,
Theft and breaking and entering. The news stories report it as if she took the guns from her closet and turned them into the police, which wasn't the case. She had to enter a home that wasn't her's without permission to take something that wasn't hers.

I understand she was scared but she put herself in that position by not just calling the cops and telling them about the guns and restraining order.
izzythepush

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

He shouldnt have access to guns

That's the only point.

It makes one wonder if those arguing that he should have acces have a history of violence themselves, and are terrified any change in the law could affect them.
Baldimo

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:53 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't think anyone is saying he should have access to his guns. The problem came from the news portraying her as doing nothing wrong when she did indeed break into his house.

The only problem with the "Red Flag Laws" like the one here in CO is the lack of due process and who can report someone for being dangerous. With proper due process these laws are possible.
0 Replies