monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

InfraBlue

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 12:53 pm
@Baldimo,
According to the article, Florida has loopholes that prevent police from enforcing weapons restricting court orders, so they couldn't have confiscated the weapons on their own. She turned the weapons over to the police. If anything, the most they should have gotten her on is criminal trespass.
izzythepush

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 01:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
If instead of being a threat to his wife and family he was an Al Qaida terrorist and she'd snuck in and stolen his bomb, Baldy would be arguing for him to have his bomb back.
Baldimo

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 01:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If instead of being a threat to his wife and family he was an Al Qaida terrorist and she'd snuck in and stolen his bomb, Baldy would be arguing for him to have his bomb back.

Don't twist what I said into something that I did say, I never said anything about him getting his guns back, I was only pointing out that she had to break into his house to turn the guns over.

Is that the only way you can make a point, is to lie about what the person said?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 01:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
My knowledge of the subject is superior to yours clearly.

You have yet to prove anything you say about others. I don't expect you to start now. Shocked
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 01:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Trying to stop your children being ...

raped by Muslims gangs will land you in jail for Islamophobia.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 02:42 pm
Quote:
Caged Obama, Hillary on parade float causes stir in South Dakota

Quote:
“I had to think about it with the mask of Obama, coming out as racist,” Jeff Damer, creator of the controversial float, told KSFY. “I just wanted to put it out there, it was just my view that they should be charged, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.”

The float featured a trailer with two people inside a cage wearing Obama and Clinton masks, the word “Guantanamo” spray-painted on a sign above. Another man wearing a President Trump mask stood outside the cell next to a makeshift wall with the words “Build the Wall.”

The trailer was ringed with numerous American flags, and featured Trump Make America Great Again flags flying from the rear gate.

Day told the news site the city received a lot of calls and messages from people complaining about the float, but officials don’t regret allowing Damer to participate in the parade.

“My stance, and the city’s stance is that every person has a right to the first amendment, to express his or her speech, and the expressions of it, we do not regulate that,” Day said.

South Dakota blogger Kevin Woster told KSFY he was among those whose feelings were hurt from the float.

I love a parade.
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/mayor-defends-free-speech-after-obama-hillary-locked-up-on-south-dakota-parade-float/

glitterbag

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 03:38 pm
@coldjoint,
And in the meantime the Trump administration is keeping toddlers in dreadful conditions wallowing in their own filth with no access to luxury items like soap and a toothbrush. Such conditions on a farm would bring charges of animal cruelty......but no such relief for these children. There parents should have known they were vulnurable to abuse by Steve Miller style sick fantasies all courtesy of the Republican Party.

This is a coldjoint dream come true.
izzythepush

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:16 pm
Quote:
Donald Trump has lashed out at the "ignorant and insulting statement" released by Iran after the US president announced fresh sanctions against the Middle Eastern nation.

The tweets came after Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said the move proved the White House was "mentally retarded".

Mr Trump said it showed Iran's leaders "do not understand reality".

He unveiled the sanctions on Monday, saying they were a response to recent "aggressive behaviour" by Iran.

The sanctions target a number of individuals, notably Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who Mr Trump said was "ultimately responsible for the hostile conduct of the regime".

The US has alleged Ayatollah Khamenei has access to vast wealth which helps fund the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRCG). In a 2018 op-ed, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo suggested it was as much as $95bn (£75bn) and was "used as a slush fund for the IRGC".

But Mr Rouhani questioned why the US would single out a man who he said only "owns a Hoseyniyyeh [prayer venue] and a simple house", calling the sanctions "outrageous and idiotic".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48763787
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:45 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

And in the meantime the Trump administration is keeping toddlers in dreadful conditions wallowing in their own filth with no access to luxury items like soap and a toothbrush. Such conditions on a farm would bring charges of animal cruelty......but no such relief for these children. There parents should have known they were vulnurable to abuse by Steve Miller style sick fantasies all courtesy of the Republican Party.

This is a coldjoint dream come true.

Quote:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2019/06/25/wayfair-employees-plan-walkout-oppose-furniture-sales-migrant-detention-facilities/STcUfJsDN4AXXls0PmJuhN/story.html

Employees of the Boston-based online housewares giant Wayfair announced Tuesday that they would stage a walkout at the company’s Back Bay offices Wednesday to protest the company’s decision to sell furniture to operators of facilities for migrant children detained at the southern US border.

According to a Wayfair employee who asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, Wayfair employees learned last Wednesday that a $200,000 order of bedroom furniture had been placed by BCFS, a government contractor that has been managing camps at the border.

“We were disheartened and concerned about Wayfair’s business” with BCFS, the employee said, and so employees decided to act. Within hours, a group of 50 employees began drafting a letter to the company’s executive leadership, with included cofounders Niraj Shah, Steve Conine, and the entire board, outlining their concerns. More than 547 employees signed the letter before it was handed off to the leadership team.

“Over the last two days it has come to our attention that Wayfair has again engaged in B2B sales with BCFS, a non-profit government contractor managing camps for migrants at our Southern border,” an excerpt from the letter said.

Advertisement
“This particular order, for over $200,000 worth of bedroom furniture, is destined for Carrizo Springs, Texas, to a facility that will be outfitted to detain up to 3,000 migrant children seeking legal asylum in the United States. The practice of detaining children and adults at our Southern border has been condemned since its inception but since the acceleration of the practice in 2018, and the increase in death and injury that has come with that acceleration, we have seen more vocal condemnation of the practice. We, the undersigned, are writing to you from a place of concern and anger about the atrocities being committed at our Southern border.”

Advertisement
In the letter the employees asked the company to cease all current and future business with BCFS and other contractors and requested that the company establish a code of ethics for business-to-business sales that allows “Wayfair employees to act in accordance with our values.”

“We believe that the current actions of the United States and their contractors at the Southern border do not represent an ethical business partnership Wayfair should choose to be a part of,” the letter stated. “At Wayfair, we believe that ‘everyone should live in a home that they love.’ Let’s stay true to that message by taking a stand against the reprehensible practice of separating families, which denies them any home at all.”

A Call to Action Way
fair (PDF)
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 05:08 pm
'Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Tuesday criticized new U.S. sanctions against Tehran's top officials, knocking the Trump White House as “afflicted by mental retardation.”'

That's utterly ridiculous! The orange-faced torso is mentally ill, not mentally retarded. He should get his terms straight.
RABEL222

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 05:52 pm
I have been going through the Miller report and I noticed that lots of the reacted passages had a label of " harm to an ongoing matter". Would that be Trumps 2020 election run?
coldjoint

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
is keeping toddlers in dreadful conditions wallowing in their own filth

Just like Obama did. He built the cages. And the Dems are holding up the money to help because they want people released into the country not held and deported. They are screwing the kids, not Trump.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:18 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
That's utterly ridiculous! The orange-faced torso is mentally ill, not mentally retarded. He should get his terms straight.

Obama made Iran this strong. Trump has called them out. Trump is not a traitor, he just succeeded one.
roger

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:21 pm
@RABEL222,
Nice question.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:38 pm
@coldjoint,
Trump has escalated a condition that was of his doing to begin with. Your concern about President Obama and his world coalition to restrain Iran seemed to be working, NOW the Mullhs are gonn up the nuclear enrichment to 20%. Trump coulda avoided this **** by just keeping his fatass mouth shut and stop his trying to stoke up the drama.
International negotiation is not his forte, mostly because the rest of the world can just tell him to go **** himself. He still hasnt got it .

coldjoint

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 08:01 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
NOW the Mullhs are gonn up the nuclear enrichment to 20%.

No, now the Mullahs are going to have a hard time staying in power long enough to do anything. Iranians can only take so much.

Quote:
the rest of the world can just tell him to go **** himself.

So far, the rest of the world is outnumbered.
glitterbag

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 10:38 pm
@coldjoint,
the rest of the world is outnumbered by who? people like you?
coldjoint

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 10:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
the rest of the world is outnumbered by who? people like you?

By Trump. He knows how much power he has that is why you whiners are scared shitless.
farmerman

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:15 pm
@coldjoint,
I think he's the one scared shitless. He knows hes BOZO and has few real skills.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 26 Jun, 2019 03:21 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Trump has escalated a condition that was of his doing to begin with.

Expand on that claim, for the audience.

Considering US meddling in Iran began in 1953, with Operation Ajax, I'm calling BS on your claim.