@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Let me guess that Trump snores.

I so don't want to find out.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:32 pm
Hey Obama, thanks a pant load!

Tehran fires medium-range missile, capable of carrying nuclear warhead, in unsuccessful test; Israeli PM says he’ll press Trump to reimpose sanctions
blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:42 pm
Research has clearly shown that most people respond very positively to the smell of rotting animal flesh mixed with diaper poop.
Quote:
Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 1h1 hour ago
Spicer w quite an alternative fact - that Trump has "by and large been praised for" statement omitting "Jews" from Holocaust.
layman

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:42 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Resolution 2231, which was passed shortly after the nuclear deal was signed in July 2015, calls on Iran “not to undertake any activity related to ballistic missiles designed to be capable of delivering nuclear weapons, including launches using such ballistic missile technology.”

The nuclear deal, intended to thwart Iran’s rogue nuclear program and championed by President Barack Obama as a “game-changer,” has been consistently castigated by Netanyahu as “a bad deal” that actually paves the way for an Iranian nuclear arsenal.

News of the test came a day after Trump committed to enforcing the Iranian nuclear deal, despite his campaign pledge to dismantle the landmark accord that he has repeatedly called “disastrous” and “one of the dumbest deals” he’s ever seen.

Along with Israel, Saudi Arabia has been one of the Middle Eastern countries most opposed to the nuclear deal

A war between Saudi Arabia and Iran would ROCK, eh!?

Quote:
"If we see that Germany is winning, we ought to help Russia, and if Russia is winning we ought to help Germany, and that way we let them kill as many as possible." (Harry S. Truman, 1941)

Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:47 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Research has clearly shown that most people respond very positively to the smell of rotting animal flesh mixed with diaper poop.

What liberal snowflake said the following?
Quote:
I Wore Perfume Made From My Vagina to See If It Would Get Me Better Dates

source

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3cikgcUoAA-Jkn.jpg
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:58 pm
@layman,
Didn't the Saudi's begin building a border wall soon after O was first sworn in?

The Saudi's need our help vetting people traveling to the USA, plus Mexico & Canada. Mexico, Canada and the USA can & should work together with Saudi Arabia and stop the spread of this Islamic death cult.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:03 pm
Robert Costa is one of the best reporters covering the GOP. Prior to his hire at the WP, he'd worked at the WSJ and the National Review. He knows the terrain and he has solid contacts. So this is worth paying attention to.
Quote:
The early days of the Trump presidency has rushed a nationalist agenda long on the fringes of American life into action — and Sessions, the quiet Alabaman who long cultivated these ideas as a Senate back-bencher, has become a singular power in this new Washington.

Sessions’ nomination as Trump’s attorney general is scheduled to be considered Tuesday by the Senate Judiciary Committee, yet his influence in the administration extends far beyond the Justice Department. From immigration and health care to national security and trade, Sessions is the intellectual godfather of the president’s policies. Sessions’ reach extends throughout the White House, with his aides and allies accelerating the president’s most dramatic moves, including the ban on refugees and migrants from seven mostly Muslim nations that has triggered fear around the globe.

The author of many of Trump’s executive orders is senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, a Sessions confidant who was mentored by him and who spent the weekend overseeing the government’s implementation of the refu­gee ban. The tactician turning Trump’s agenda into law is deputy chief of staff Rick Dearborn, Sessions’ longtime chief of staff in the Senate. The mastermind behind Trump’s incendiary brand of populism is chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, who promoted Sessions for years as chairman of the Breitbart website.

Then there is Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, who considers Sessions a savant and forged a bond with the senator while orchestrating Trump’s trip last summer to Mexico City and during the darkest days of the campaign.

In a lengthy email, Bannon described Sessions as “the clearinghouse for policy and philosophy” in Trump’s administration, saying he and the senator are joined at the center of Trump’s “pro-America movement” and the global nationalist phenomenon.
WP
Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:18 pm
I'm waiting for the details.

Quote:
@realDonaldTrump:

The American dream is back. We’re going to create an environment for small business like we haven’t had in many, many decades!

0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:21 pm
Big protests in Britain re Trump's immigration action.
Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:26 pm
@blatham,
Soros and friends are spending some big money.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:39 pm
I think this is absolutely the right take on Paul Ryan
Quote:
Paul Ryan Is Not Spineless
...It is true that Ryan does not care about the principles he claims to care about. But it’s inaccurate to imagine him as merely a soulless careerist. Ryan does have serious principles. He is deeply committed to the principle of liberating the affluent from the burdens of progressive taxation. That description may sound like an arch comment to those of us who don’t share Ryan’s bent. But to people like Ryan, it is a moral conviction of the highest order.

Ryan might supplicate himself to limitless acts of corruption or misrule by Trump, but he would never stand silent if Trump attempted to implement even a tiny tax increase on the highest-earning one percent. I happen to find Ryan’s belief system to be rather deranged. But it is a belief system.
[urlhttp://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/paul-ryan-is-actually-not-spineless.html]NY Mag[/url]
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:53 pm
Blatham's link from above corrected:
NY Mag
blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:57 pm
Sean Hannity speaks to Politico Here
Quote:
“The media has a bunch of overpaid, out of touch, lazy millionaires that have nothing but contempt for the people that do make this country great,” he added. “I am not one of those people.”

In 2015, Hannity made $29 million dollars.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:58 pm
@Blickers,
thanks
0 Replies

layman

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 04:03 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
President Trump spoke with Saudi Arabian King Salman Sunday, and discussed the possible formation of safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as a new effort to fight terrorism in the Middle East.

The President requested and the King agreed to support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as supporting other ideas to help the many refugees who are displaced by the ongoing conflicts,” the readout said.

In the conversation, according to a readout released by the White House, the pair “agreed on the importance of strengthening joint efforts to fight the spread of radical Islamic terrorism” and also on securing peace in the region, particularly in the Yemen and Syrian crises.

They also discussed Trump leading a “Middle East effort to defeat terrorism” which would also help build a new economic and social future in the region.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/30/trump-discusses-safe-zones-terror-fight-with-saudi-king-salman.html

We don't need to take refugees away from their native land in the middle east and re-locate them to this country in order to help alleviate their plight. In theory, they just want to return to their homes without being subjected to danger. They don't want to "become Americans."
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 04:10 pm
@Blickers,
I didn't think it was your responsibility to post the correct links? I would have figured you would ignore anything Blatham posts from this point forward...
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 04:14 pm
Totally (totally) off topic
The Brit series Fleabag is extraordinarily bright and funny
hightor

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 04:18 pm
@blatham,
The Sessions stuff is fascinating. I've always sensed a whiff (a rather moldy one) of Pat Buchanan in Mr. Trump's "vision" so I did a quick search — he and Sessions are tight; their names cross-reference all over the web.
blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 04:29 pm
@hightor,
Doesn't that make all sorts of sense.
0 Replies