monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 10:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-saudi-idUSKBN15D14L
Walter Hinteler

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 10:44 am
@Frugal1,
Thanks for the link (I get news here, too).
But that wasn't what I asked, my question was about the ban for travelers from seven other Muslim-majority countries, and why some (here those two) are excluded.
Baldimo

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 10:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He thinks he was appointed king.

You treated Obama like he was appointed King, it's funny to see you declare this at another President.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:01 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
This constant stream of executive orders......can Trump keep reversing policy like this? Do these fiats later get to be debated in congress and can they be overturned?

You ask this after 8 years of Obama signing EO/EA's for anything he wanted to do? Amazing how much people start to care about how the govt is suppose to work when someone they don't like gets into office.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm no hard-core Trump supporter but I can answer your question: Saudia Arabia, despite being the home to what, 16 out of 18 of the 9/11 terrorists?, has not been included because of petro-$$$$$.

Not sure what the reason is for Egypt but suspect something similar.

Could it be that protecting US weapon and oil contractors is more important than protecting American lives?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I don't know, but answer this question if you can.

Why did obama exclude Christians when he smuggled thousands of so-called refugees from Syria into the US... most of the Christians he excluded got themselves slaughtered at the hands of obama's muslim brotherhood.

Does your news answer this question?
Olivier5

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:07 am
@Frugal1,
Why do you happen to think that Obama excluded Christians?
giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Perhaps some of the hard-core Trump supporters can answer this question:
Saudi Arabia and Egypt are excluded from Trump's ban. Why? They are Muslim-majority countries, too, and known as support points for terrorists (Israel, 9/11 ...).

Answer:

Because you are not privy to the intelligence briefings nor do you have information on the strategy being employed...As it should be.
blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:13 am
You tell me this
You tell me that
You try to tell me
Tell me where it's at
You said you love
I can see through that
Lies lies lies
Quote:
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Only 109 people out of 325,000 were detained and held for questioning. Big problems at airports were caused by Delta computer outage,.....
4:16 AM - 30 Jan 2017

Quote:
Delta said the outage started at 6:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
CNN
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:14 am
@giujohn,
Beyond your imagination, provide evidence.
Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:18 am
@Olivier5,
Because they weren't muslim.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Beyond your imagination, provide evidence.

Evidence of what that he's not included in the intelligence briefings and that he is also not included in the strategy sessions? Is Walter some super secret squirrel that we're unaware of?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:22 am
Spicer this morning on MSNBC re EO
Quote:
"What happened [sic] if we didn't act and somebody was killed?" Spicer said.
(noting that there was no imminent threat this weekend because he was asked this and could provide no such instance)

Think about that response. It's all-purpose and unglued from the real world. Trump drops a nuke on Iran and the justification given, "What would happen if we didn't act and somebody was killed?"
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Have you noticed that the countries related to the immigration hold, are the very same countries that Obama was bombing prior to leaving office? Were we dropping bombs in Egypt or SA?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:30 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Because you are not privy to the intelligence briefings nor do you have information on the strategy being employed...As it should be.
Might be the UK's foreign minister has been privy?
A couple of minutes ago (17:14 local time) , he said, it was because all seven countries covered by the travel ban refuse to admit people with Israeli passports.
But in a subsequent question, Will Quince, a Conservative as well, said there are 16 countries that ban people with Israeli passports.
Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Why did obama exclude Christians when he smuggled thousands of so-called refugees from Syria into the US... most of the Christians he excluded got themselves slaughtered at the hands of obama's muslim brotherhood.
blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:36 am
I suppose it had to happen. Dick Cheney says something I agree with.
Quote:
"I think this whole notion that somehow we can just say no more Muslims, just ban a whole religion, goes against everything we stand for and believe in. I mean, religious freedom has been a very important part of our history and where we came from," Cheney said on a Monday appearance on the radio show. "A lot of people, my ancestors got here, because they were Puritans."
TPM
There's another possibility here. If he makes such a comment right now, it takes pressure off of Liz to say anything that might displease the base she'll need up the road.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:43 am
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16174824_10155759125893312_1400140020888390054_n.jpg?oh=4edaac897e3d2f98c1d5f1794b51087c&oe=594BAE61

Finally, some TRUTH!
hightor

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 12:12 pm
@Frugal1,
Why are you asking this question when you already know the answer? The madassa-trained halfrican was able to sneak thousands of jihadists out of Syria and right over our border despite the best efforts of brave security-conscious patriots because he needed to establish a fifth column Muslim Brotherhood in order to overthrow our Christian nation. Everyone knows that he and Michelle are terrorist sympathizers and extremely hostile to the Christian faith.
Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 12:13 pm
@hightor,
Why have you resisted making this claim for 8 long years?

http://hinterlandgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/michelle-obama-machine-gun.png
0 Replies