monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:16 am
Quote:
I met Steve Bannon—the executive director of Breitbart.com who’s now become the chief executive of the Trump campaign, replacing the newly resigned Paul Manafort—at a book party held in his Capitol Hill townhouse on Nov. 12, 2013. We were standing next to a picture of his daughter, a West Point graduate, who at the time was a lieutenant in the 101 Airborne Division serving in Iraq. The picture was notable because she was sitting on what was once Saddam Hussein’s gold throne with a machine gun on her lap. “I’m very proud of her,” Bannon said.

Then we had a long talk about his approach to politics. He never called himself a “populist” or an “American nationalist,” as so many think of him today. “I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.
Shocked, I asked him what he meant.
“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.
daily beast (Ronald Radosh, an adjunct fellow at the Hudson Institute, is author of a history of the Democratic Party and many other books.)
So pay attention to Bannon! He is NOT just talking about the US here. He's actually talking about Europe, NATO and indeed the whole world.

Though his lunacy is different from Trump's pathological narcissism, both have the need to dominate others and both suffer from a sense of personal grandiosity that is nuts. Bannon apparently believes he not only has the moral obligation to reshape the world, he believes he personally has the abilities to do it and to produce a better world.
Leadfoot

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:22 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Bannon:
that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.

Dayum! He sounds like Jesus Christ!
Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:22 am

Seven Inconvenient Facts About Trump’s Refugee Actions
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:27 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3RvwjGXAAI1hp7.jpg:large
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:33 am
At the Atlantic, David Frum:
Quote:
Advice for Those Weighing Jobs in the Trump Administration

...(last two graphs) So maybe the very first thing to consider, if the invitation comes, is this: How well do you know yourself? How sure are you that you indeed would say no?

And then humbly consider this second troubling question: If the Trump administration were as convinced as you are that you would do the right thing—would they have asked you in the first place?
LINK
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Exactly like Jesus. Recall how on the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, "OK, everybody shut up and listen. From here on out, it's tear everything down. Consider that everyone except us here are out to kill us all and they're going to do it unless we take flamethrowers into every town and village and solve, finally, our problems" That has inspired humans for 2000 years.
Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:43 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3YAaC4VYAAaxV2.jpg
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 07:44 am
Surprisingly, open-minded Hollywood has not yet agreed to allow unvetted refugees to mill freely about their heavily guarded film studios.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 08:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You're just ignorant. No one person in the US creates 6 million refugees.

So tell us what percentage is Obama responsible for then. This should be rich.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 08:58 am
Omg. CBS just aired remarks by Trump at a presser billed as Small Business meeting where he was surrounded by women (to slap back at an accusation that he was surrounded by men in the Oval Office as he reduced women's rights).

Omarosa from The Apprentice was jammed in a chair behind him... so embarrassing. He claimed Shumer's tears were fake and made several other lame political claims and innuendo. I had to change the channel. It's so hard to listen to the lame **** he says. He makes Bush seem like a Rhodes scholar.

It's like a really really badly produced TV commercial for a junta.

One quote: " I really love small business. I really love big business. I love all business. I had a small business that got big."
giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 08:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

the Dumpster's been in office a little more than a week and hes already on the wrong ise of history,(Not to mention common sense)

But he is in office... And that's the only thing that bothers you truth be told. Buck up snowflake.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:03 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Jane and daughter marched in Austin last weekend. I'll try to get a photo posted later.

Austin... Now there's a city just begging for someone to call in an airstrike so they can start all over again.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Kellyann started out with most people believing she was a smart attorney, but the more she talked, she removed that impression and respect. She would have done much better not representing Trump. She lost a lot.

She senior counsel to the leader of the Free World and arguably the most powerful man in the world... Yeah I wouldn't want that on my resume.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:06 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

You are falsely implying that anyone has said that people from these countries are all terrorists. A minimum prerequisite for informed debate is to be able to state your opponent's position correctly. The position is that travelers from places known for generating terrorists have a higher than average probability of being terrorists so that from these particular places, if you don't have sufficient available history, you cannot come in. There is a very temporary suspension on travel from these places while vetting procedures can be put in place. If you're going to argue with the Republican position, you need to stop presenting it incorrectly.

True, but good luck with that.

Ditto.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Our country fucked up a lot of countries. Killed many innocent people. Many are still questioning the atomic bombing of Japan.

I'm sure the potential 1 million American servicemen who would have died in an invasion of Japan didn't question ****...Nor did their mothers.
Brand X

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:30 am
@Lash,
Totally agree.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:32 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You don't value human life; scum.

Apparently you value the lives of fanatical Japanese soldiers who continually violated the Geneva Convention over the million American lives that would have been lost putting an end to Japan's treachery. And you are calling Frug scum? A patriot you're not.
giujohn

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 09:37 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

My wife and I adore Gutfeld and his show.

Yeah, he's usually pretty damn funny. Tyrus is my favorite on his show, but the BABE with glasses is kinda hot, inna skinny-ass kinda way, too.

Yeah she is hot. And you can't be too skinny or too rich. And Gutfeld is one funny son of a bitch.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 10:25 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I agree that this happens but whose fault is that? If law enforcement classifies ruining someone's car and stealing their stuff as less important than the drugs in their pocket then shame on law enforcement.

It isn't LEO who make these decisions, it is folks who run the DA departments in the various levels of govt who make those decisions. A cop just makes the arrests and writes up the tickets based on the laws and the enforcement wish's of his bosses, ie: Mayors, DA's, and other such politicians. I typically don't blame the police as they do not set policy.

Quote:
But you're right on about the marijuana taxes. I wonder if they are going to increase them even more as the price of MJ plummets.

It's hard to tell. As per the usual game of "Take Our Taxes", once the taxes started rolling in, the politicians convince the people that they had to keep more of the taxes instead of refunding them back to the people as per the rules of TABOR, and as usual, the sheep gave them what they asked for.

Quote:
The wholesale price has dropped by half in just the past 2 - 3 years.
I can't believe the number of grow operations in CO I saw spring up last summer.

The price has dropped, and the types of offerings have also increased. When there used to be maybe 4 or 5 choices, a lot of these places now have 9-12 different types and of various "mixes and blends". Wanna sit on the couch, watch TV and eat cereal, they got something for that. Wanna clean the house and go shopping? They got something for that as well. As of the 2016 election, the people of Denver voted to allow MJ bars as well as allowing different types of business's to apply for a license to allow MJ use.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 10:37 am
Perhaps some of the hard-core Trump supporters can answer this question:
Saudi Arabia and Egypt are excluded from Trump's ban. Why? They are Muslim-majority countries, too, and known as support points for terrorists (Israel, 9/11 ...).