monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Thu 16 May, 2019 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Is it possible to demonise someone who spends all his time attacking minorities, praising neo Nazis and saying how he wants to **** his own daughter?

Trump has not done any of those things.
oralloy

Thu 16 May, 2019 08:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
This is why Capitalism needs to be regulated.

What do government-run weapons programs have to do with capitalism?
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 16 May, 2019 08:47 am
Quote:
Report: Barr says it's up to Mueller if he wants to testify

Special counsel Robert Mueller will decide whether he will testify to Congress, Attorney General William Barr told The Wall Street Journal. President Donald Trump had earlier said that it would be up to Barr to decide whether Mueller would testify.

"It's Bob's call whether he wants to testify," Barr said, The Journal reported in an article published early Thursday.

WSJ

MontereyJack

Thu 16 May, 2019 09:04 am
@oralloy,
Yes he has. Hes said hed date ivsnka if she werent his dsughter and we all know how his "dates"end up. The other two are true as stands.
coldjoint

Thu 16 May, 2019 09:07 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
we all know how his "dates"end up.

Jealous or just plain gullible? How do your dates end up? Should someone feel free to speculate about them and paint you like a jerk? They wont need much paint, will they?
georgeob1

Thu 16 May, 2019 09:19 am
@revelette1,
A very interesting response. As a former FBI Director, Mueller is likely very aware of the ongoing Justice Department IG investigation of the early actions of the main actors in the Trump investigations and, significantly, the likely follow-on criminal investigations it may prompt. All of this, along with the recent appointment of a Justice Department Prosecutor and Grand Jury, creates a difficult and somewhat dangerous game for the Democrats on the House Justice Committee , and perhaps Mueller as well.

I have found the recent actions and statements of former Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein a bit bewildering but fascinating. It will take time to evaluate the merits and likely motivations for his actions as Deputy AG over the last two years. However his recent actions and statements clearly are an effort to distance himself from Comey and the cabal that started the Trump investigation.

Rats leaving the sinking ship ??
MontereyJack

Thu 16 May, 2019 12:22 pm
@coldjoint,
I dont date my sisters. Do you date yours?
izzythepush

Thu 16 May, 2019 12:29 pm
Quote:
The Trump administration wanted to reimburse the Taliban for their expenses attending recent peace talks, according to a congressional aide.

The Pentagon's request earlier this year was to cover costs like food and lodging, a Democratic congressman's spokesman told the BBC.

But the request was denied because it would have amounted to illegal material support for terrorists, said the aide.

The Pentagon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48300618
coldjoint

Thu 16 May, 2019 12:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I dont date my sisters. Do you date yours?

Who said anything about sisters? Watch what you say someone might take that the wrong way. Shocked
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 16 May, 2019 01:04 pm
Quote:
New Zealand: Citizens Receiving Home Visits From ‘Political Police’

You vote in a Democrat expect home visits beginning in the US for criticizing Islam or immigration.

https://summit.news/2019/05/13/new-zealand-citizens-receiving-home-visits-from-political-police/
revelette1

Thu 16 May, 2019 04:20 pm
@izzythepush,
dunces
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 16 May, 2019 04:23 pm
@georgeob1,
You wish. There is no sinking ship, on either side, unfortunately for us with Trump's ship.
georgeob1

Thu 16 May, 2019 04:29 pm
@revelette1,
I suspect you would be wise to wait until the Justice Dept. IG report is issued before making that judgment.
glitterbag

Thu 16 May, 2019 05:05 pm
@georgeob1,
I suggest you follow your own advice.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 16 May, 2019 05:21 pm
@georgeob1,
I am not a bit worried.

The Attorney General Investigates the Investigators
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 16 May, 2019 05:23 pm
Flynn told Mueller people tied to Trump and Congress tried to obstruct probe

Person with ties to Congress tried swaying Flynn in Russia probe: filing
coldjoint

Thu 16 May, 2019 05:36 pm
@revelette1,
If Flynn told Mueller why did this wait until now to come out? It should have been in Mueller's report?
From your link:

Quote:
No other details were provided in the filing,

Why? This is just another rehashed piece of garbage that means little or nothing. No problem for Trump legally or otherwise.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 16 May, 2019 06:03 pm
It's in the Mueller report. Perhaps this is news to you because you don't understand how an investigation is conducted. Mueller has wrapped up most of the investigation and the information is contained in the recently published report. It seems to me that other investigations are still underway, hence the redacted portions, but I can't say for sure that more indictments will or won't follow. After Watergate and Iran-Contra the Justice Department continued tracking down infractions, I know dozens of people at my Agency were fired or demoted. Just because the newspapers aren't following the story doesn't mean the Justice Department isn't still looking into issues.
coldjoint

Thu 16 May, 2019 06:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It's in the Mueller report.

Not explained very well That way the MSM can embellish its importance when it is not important at all.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 16 May, 2019 06:33 pm
@revelette1,

These leftist witch hunts have a history of fabricating obstruction charges against innocent people. Look at what they did to Scooter Libby.