monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

BillRM

Mon 13 May, 2019 05:35 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

izzythepush wrote:
look at Oralloy, he doesn't bother with facts, he just makes **** up,

Liar. You can't point out a single untrue thing that I've said.

izzythepush wrote:
ignores requests to back up his bullshit,

Liar. I always provide cites when people request them.

Cats fight cats fight............lol
oralloy

Mon 13 May, 2019 06:36 pm
@BillRM,
Nonsense. I don't go around making personal attacks on everyone instead of confronting their ideas. Shame on you for suggesting that I am anything like that.
oralloy

Mon 13 May, 2019 06:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Almost 500 ex DOJ prosecutors of both parties from ike to today disagree with you and say trump has committed indictable felonies.

The problem is, the left has a proven history of fabricating obstruction charges against innocent people (Scooter Libby for example). We can't trust that any of these accusations are true.

Even if the charges are true, the Democrats have already set a precedent with Bill Clinton that such charges should not result in removal from office.

A $25,000 fine is the appropriate remedy here if you can ever establish that the accusations against Trump are not just another leftist fabrication.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 May, 2019 06:39 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Can you provide a list and source for this? I doubt it.
In addition, just what are the indictable offenses they supposedly claim?

They are claiming the very same obstruction of justice charges that the Democrats said were no big deal when Bill Clinton did it -- charges that the left has been known to fabricate against innocent people (Scooter Libby for example).
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 May, 2019 06:41 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
The reaction to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report continues. While Democrats have mainly been the only ones calling for President Donald Trump's impeachment, a group of conservative and libertarian lawyers co-founded by Trump nemesis George Conway released a statement on Tuesday saying that the framers of the U.S. Constitution would believe there was evidence of impeachable offenses.

The Framers would take into account the fact that the Democrats are known to fabricate obstruction charges against innocent people (Scooter Libby for instance), as well as the fact that the Democrats have already established a precedent with Bill Clinton that obstruction of justice should not result in removal from office, but rather a $25,000 fine is satisfactory.

Quote:
They said that the "pattern of behavior" revealed therein is "starkly inconsistent with the President's constitutional duty to 'take care that the laws be faithfully executed.'"

Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, basically made the same criticism earlier Tuesday.

"Impeachment isn't merely about whether a president committed crimes--though this one did--it covers dereliction of a president's high duties," he said. "A president who tries to sabotage an investigation into a foreign hostile power's attack on our nation surely fits that bill."

Let's see these lawyers provide proof that these charges were not fabricated like the charges against Scooter Libby were.

If such proof is ever provided, have Trump pay a $25,000 fine like Bill Clinton did for the committing the exact same crime.

Quote:
They said it was made clear that Trump is "willing to abuse presidential authority to pressure or remove Senate-confirmed officials for purposes that undermine lawful functioning of government

Now these "experts" are starting to lose their credibility. It is hardly an abuse for the President to order his subordinates to close down an investigation.

Quote:
They further said that, in addition to what the report had to say, they remain otherwise concerned about an "existing body of information already in the public domain documenting the President's violations of his oath, including but not limited to his denigration of the free press, verbal attacks on members of the judiciary, encouragement of law enforcement officers to violate the law, and incessant lying to the American people."

And that eliminates all of the the rest of their credibility. Exercising Freedom of Speech is not a violation of the President's oath.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 May, 2019 06:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
now that the Mueller investigation has yielded no basis for prosecution for any supposed crime,

Wrong. See the two posts following yours.

Before we subject Mr. Trump to the same $25,000 fine that Bill Clinton paid for committing the very same crime, let's see some proof that the charges were not completely fabricated out of thin air like the charges against Scooter Libby were.

blatham wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
Nearly all of the investigations listed are just as politically motivated

Obviously you have no way of knowing anything of the sort.

We very much have a way of knowing this. The Democrats pushed for these investigations solely with the goal of harming people who don't agree with their demented ideology.

blatham wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
as was the now discredited origin of the Mueller probe.

False. The origins - as showed you two ******* days ago - the initial hire of Fusion GPS was by a right wing entity (Free Beacon) looking for dirt on GOP candidates during the primaries.

No. The Mueller probe originated with pressure from Democrats who were hoping to harm people who don't agree with them.
roger

Mon 13 May, 2019 06:44 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Nonsense. I don't go around making personal attacks on everyone instead of confronting their ideas. Shame on you for suggesting that I am anything like that.

He's right, you know. I can't think of anyone less likely to launch a personal attack than oralloy.
oralloy

Mon 13 May, 2019 06:55 pm
@roger,
Well, way back in the day if someone launched a personal attack against me then I would retaliate in kind.

But it was always only in retaliation for a personal attack that was launched against me first.

And I did my best to try to calibrate my retaliation to match the severity of the attack against me. Sometimes I had to rewrite my retaliation multiple times to either increase or decrease its severity to match what I was responding to.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 May, 2019 07:29 pm
It's going to be interesting to discover just how much all these buggers have been scamming and how they've been doing it.

Quote:
Leaked Docs Show How NRA Execs Grifted Gun-Rights Movement Into Legal Peril

Fresh allegations of systemic financial mismanagement at the top of the National Rifle Association erupted into the open this weekend.

Documents leaked online anonymously on May 10 and subsequently verified by the Daily Beast and Wall Street Journal purport to expose the extent of the NRA’s financial entanglements. Top executives including CEO Wayne LaPierre allegedly engaged in lavish spending on the account of a top NRA vendor, and the gun group is spending millions of dollars to cover legal costs associated with the various lawsuits and investigations currently entangling the gun rights group.

The documents — which include itemized receipts and letters from NRA ad vendor Ackerman McQueen — allege that $24 million went to the NRA’s outside general counsel, William Brewer, in only 13 months...
http://bit.ly/2HhKjkH
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 13 May, 2019 07:49 pm
I just heard Barr appointed a prosecutor the task of finding the origins of the Russia investigation.
Quote:
AG Barr Appoints Prosecutor to Examine Origins of Russia Probe, Determine If Intelligence Collection Was Lawful: Source

Shocked
I bet this wont take two years.
https://ktla.com/2019/05/13/ag-barr-appoints-prosecutor-to-examine-origin-of-russia-probe-determine-if-intelligence-collection-was-lawful-source/
coldjoint

Mon 13 May, 2019 08:00 pm
Before he is attacked and because the MSM and Democrats have lousy memories.
From Feb. 2018
Quote:
Senate easily confirms Durham for CT U.S. Attorney

Quote:

The Senate confirmed John Durham as Connecticut’s new U.S. attorney on a unanimous vote late Thursday.

Quote:
John Durham is a fierce, fair prosecutor. As a career prosecutor, John has dedicated his life to public service and the pursuit of justice. He knows how to try tough cases, having taken on organized crime and government corruption. He will be an outstanding U.S. attorney,” Sens. Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy said in a statement.

Try to remember that in case the NYT, the WP and Democrats forget.
https://ctmirror.org/2018/02/16/senate-easily-confirms-durham-for-ct-u-s-attorney/
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 May, 2019 09:00 pm
Damned identity politics.
Quote:
Republicans Search For Female, Minority Candidates To Win Back Suburbs
http://bit.ly/2HibFXW
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 May, 2019 09:07 pm
It looks like the Pentagon is planning to funnel money for missiles and surveillance over to the southern wall.

I don't know why.

Mexico is going to pay for it. Trump said so.
Quote:
“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall.”

He wouldn't lie.

So the Pentagon must be lying.
blatham

Mon 13 May, 2019 09:12 pm
God I do hate this tyrannical bastard
Quote:
Netanyahu planning to pass in the new Knesset law preventing the High Court from blocking any government or Knesset decision; there thereby allowing Knesset to confer upon him immunity from prosecution. Devastating scoop from @chaimlevinson
Haaretz
coldjoint

Mon 13 May, 2019 09:24 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
God I do hate this tyrannical bastard

Are we supposed to care? And he is not a tyrant. No where near it. I wonder if he keeps his word?
oralloy

Mon 13 May, 2019 09:26 pm
@blatham,
A leftist who is filled with hate for people who don't share his ideology, who would have thought that such a thing could exist.

Rolling Eyes
MontereyJack

Mon 13 May, 2019 10:42 pm
@oralloy,
Yeah, usually it's rightists who hate people who don't share their ideology, right wing haters like the folks who populate Fox, like Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter or Michele BCHMAN or sBill O/Reilly or the neo-Nazis or the Palestinian-haters or those who blat about outlawing Democrats, right wing haters like Donald Trump.
MontereyJack

Mon 13 May, 2019 10:47 pm
@coldjoint,
I'd love to have seen you reaction if Obama had ever proposed anything like that for the US. Full throated foaming at the mouth and cries of
traitor". But as usual if a rightis supports something limiting people's freedom you're all for it and defend him.
MontereyJack

Mon 13 May, 2019 10:51 pm
@coldjoint,
Gee, do you think it might have been when Trump gave Putin permission to illegally hack Americans and Putin did?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 13 May, 2019 10:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I'd love to have seen you reaction if Obama had ever proposed anything like that for the US.

What are you talking about?