monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:35 am
@layman,
Quote:
Goldman Sachs Bans Employees from Donating to Trump

Goldman Sachs has enacted a set of rules that bans the firm’s top employees from contributing to certain campaigns, including the Trump-Pence ticket...At the same time, the rules do not restrict donations to Clinton-Kaine....

Lloyd Blankfein, Goldman’s CEO, has declined to say who he is supporting for president, but is known as a long-time Clinton supporter. Blankfein donated to Clinton when she ran against Obama is 2008.

http://fortune.com/2016/09/06/goldman-elite-trump-pence/

Yeah, sounds like Sachs has Trump in their pocket, sho nuff, eh?

Wait, I meant Clinton, sorry.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:37 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

So Trump appoints Ben Carson to HUD. That makes sense because Carson knows that the pyramids were actually grain storage facilities.

Carson himself said just a while ago that he's not fit for such a position because he has no relevant experience at all (for any cabinet position). So what the hell is going on?

It's 19th Century political machinery and boss politics for the 21st.
Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:38 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

Quote:
Administration officials who declare the president has the right to make up stuff — lie — to the American people should be hammered.

So why on earth did 0bama, and his entire administration not get hammered for making up **** & lying to the American people for 8 years?

I think we can go back and review countless threads of discussion and see that the Obama administration was in fact HAMMERED for 8 years.

I can honestly say I was encouraged and optimistic of the 2008 party message of hope and change we could believe in. But hope dwindles and the promised change never materialized. It was business as usual in Washington, D.C., and you are naïve if you believe things will be different under Trump's leadership. Perhaps you like chewing on the red meat too much to reflect and get angry. The fact that Clinton and Trump were the two people that rose to the top to be our candidates for the most powerful political position in the world should be utterly unacceptable to all rational thinking people. Where is your outrage at the corrupt two-party system that plays ALL OF US as fools?

cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:46 am
@Debra Law,
Tell it like it is, Debra. Our politics is broken, because of the people who run for office. They're more broken than normal people.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:48 am
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

But, recognizing the problem is the first step in resolving the problem. We can be useful fools, or we can be the instruments of change.

If you "recognized" anything, then you would never have regurgitated that media attempt to somehow smear the Trump administration by mentioning it in the same breath as "Goldman-Sachs," eh?
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:50 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
I guess that's Pelosi's grasp on how power works in America. The two political parties take turns at the helm.
I gather you're being sarcastic there. She ain't that dumb but she recognizes historical probabilities.

The way ahead for Dems certainly isn't clear for me. The most hopeful condition is demonstrated by the popular vote even if the system disfavors it electorally.

Pelosi has stated that her party doesn't want change... I have no comment except to say when your enemy is committing suicide you should not interfere.
edgarblythe

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:52 am
@McGentrix,
They don't even have to be experts, just not idiots.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:52 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I'm not sure that you quite get it... Blatham wants Trump to hire experts and when he does, Deb will call them the wrong experts... Trump will never win.

Let me put this in perspective for you, McGentrix: If Trump placed Jared Fogel at the helm of a national commission for the protection of child rights, would you call Mr. Fogel the "wrong expert" or not?
McGentrix

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:56 am
@Debra Law,
Trump wouldn't do that. I am surprised you didn't bring up a Nazi. Instead you chose a child abuser. Nice job.

It's good that Trump is making the choices he is and not you. You'd have a bunch of Clinton's clingon's doing the same **** that Obama is doing that has accomplished nearly absolutely nothing useful.
Frugal1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:57 am
Reading over the many posts & threads here, it is clear that A2K's cheerleaders for the liberal left are having a very tough time accepting their collective imminent irrelevance. Give no quarter.
Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:01 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

blatham wrote:

Quote:
I guess that's Pelosi's grasp on how power works in America. The two political parties take turns at the helm.
I gather you're being sarcastic there. She ain't that dumb but she recognizes historical probabilities.

The way ahead for Dems certainly isn't clear for me. The most hopeful condition is demonstrated by the popular vote even if the system disfavors it electorally.

Pelosi has stated that her party doesn't want change... I have no comment except to say when your enemy is committing suicide you should not interfere.

She's not committing suicide. She is securing her own best interests. Your fellow citizens are not your enemies.
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:01 pm
@Debra Law,
The operative words are former Executives and they won't be running the country Trump will.

And quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass if Trump is caught having sex in church... The only thing I care about is that Hillary and the Clinton crime family will not take over the Oval Office and that Trump will appoint originalist jurists to scotus.
layman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:03 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

Reading over the many posts & threads here, it is clear that A2K's cheerleaders for the liberal left are having a very tough time accepting their collective imminent irrelevance. Give no quarter.

Yeah, they kinda remind me of Duke fans who are going crazy when their team is leading by 18 in the second quarter, but aint cheerin so loud when they end up losing by 10.

Suddenly, they're no longer cheering, but are instead trying to bum rush the referees.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:03 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I'm not sure that you quite get it... Blatham wants Trump to hire experts and when he does, Deb will call them the wrong experts... Trump will never win.

One small correction Gent Trump already won!
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:05 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

blatham wrote:

So Trump appoints Ben Carson to HUD. That makes sense because Carson knows that the pyramids were actually grain storage facilities.

Carson himself said just a while ago that he's not fit for such a position because he has no relevant experience at all (for any cabinet position). So what the hell is going on?

It's 19th Century political machinery and boss politics for the 21st.

Alright!!! The good old days!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:06 pm
@giujohn,
Right you are.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:07 pm
@giujohn,
"Its ok that my candidate is screwin farm animals, just lets make sure that youre candidte aint doin that too"

Clinton has NEVER been implicated with double dealing, self dealing, fraud, as well as association with the mob like herr Donald.

Its gonna be an interesting ride for four years. Trump stated that hes even going to uphold article 12 of the US Constitution.

Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:07 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Trump wouldn't do that. I am surprised you didn't bring up a Nazi. Instead you chose a child abuser. Nice job.

It's good that Trump is making the choices he is and not you. You'd have a bunch of Clinton's clingon's doing the same **** that Obama is doing that has accomplished nearly absolutely nothing useful.

Attack the messenger and evade the message. Thank you for your fallacious contribution to the discussion entitled "monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events". But, I'm willing to check back to see if you grasp the dissonance between Trump's words and Trump's acts. I suspect we will see much of that over the next four years and I suspect you'll still be wearing your blinders. I hope you disprove my suspicion.
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:08 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

None will be accepted here by this American.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:14 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

giujohn wrote:

blatham wrote:

Quote:

She's not committing suicide. She is securing her own best interests. Your fellow citizens are not your enemies.

I disagree... The biggest danger to this constitutional republic are bleeding heart liberal revisionist apologists who seek to erase exceptionalism from the American Lexicon and install revisionist jurists to scotus to emasculate my unalienable rights... That makes them my enemies and enemies of every freedom-loving American whether they realize it or in your case not.
0 Replies