Real Music

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 11:47 pm
Robert Mueller Exposes Sarah Sanders' Lies

0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 11:58 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
I didn't watch the press conference today, but did she get asked about it and if she did, what was her answer?

roger

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 12:34 am
@Real Music,
Okay, she lied. Is that still news?
hightor

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 02:55 am
@roger,
It's one thing to be suspected of frequent lying. But when the accusations are backed up with newly-released evidence and documented in videos I think it can count as "news". But not for much longer. I guess what fascinates me is the seeming disregard of the possibility of being caught — and watching her double down on the lie when pressed by reporters.
blatham

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 05:21 am
@hightor,
@Roger
Definitely news when so clearly evidenced by Mueller. And definitely news that a WH spokesman would be so open and blatant about it and where it is the process by which the Trump administration speaks to citizens. This is new. This is far, far worse than Nixon.
Quote:
I guess what fascinates me is the seeming disregard of the possibility of being caught — and watching her double down on the lie when pressed by reporters.
The disregard for being caught seems to be a long-running attitude of Trump as his biographers have observed "Just give them the old Trump bullshit" as he himself put it. And it now looks even more certain that Trump demands those under him behave the same way.

I'm also fascinated (though that's the wrong word) by the Republican/conservative easy acceptance of such behavior. What is to stop future republican office holders from behaving the same way? Clearly not any internal/party sense of honesty, duty or principle.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 05:29 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I guess what fascinates me is the seeming disregard of the possibility of being caught — and watching her double down on the lie when pressed by reporters.

Sort of reminds me of Clinton, finger-wagging the press, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman—Miss Lewinski!”

Bold liars, huh? Lots of doubling down and bold lies from the Oval Office—in both parties. The ability to lie in your face should be in the job description.
blatham

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:00 am
Quote:
On Friday, [Trump] played golf with conservative talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh, who defended the president on the air Thursday.

“My friends, I’m telling you, this report is made to order for the Democrat Party to ignore what is the only important thing about this: No collusion, no obstruction, period,” Limbaugh told his listeners.
WP

Rush is my favorite Christian.
hightor

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:03 am
@Lash,
I'm not surprised that sleazy Clinton lied about sex — although being fellated wasn't the same as copulating in his lawyerly imagination. And Trump's unending parade of lies, while unprecedented by anyone else in the office — even Nixon — isn't that surprising either. The guy's a huckster, a used car salesman, a con man, a psychopath. Now, while I don't believe self-proclaimed evangelicals to be morally superior and their frequent public falls from grace are not surprising, I do find it curious that someone like Sanders would "bear false witness" and defend herself by saying that at least she's not a "Democratic robot". I suspect that if she retains any hint of conscience at all she identifies it as satanic in origin. "Get behind me!"

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/34/62/5f/34625fdba2ead5b7cbfe7857ddfb86cb.jpg
blatham

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:09 am
Here is one evil bastard I want to see in jail.
Quote:
Democrats review Erik Prince’s statements on 2017 Seychelles meeting for possible perjury
WP
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:10 am
@blatham,
I've noticed that in broadcasts that feature a Trump spokesman and a Trump critic the playbook for the Republican is to simply talk over and eventually shout down all the points the opponent attempts to make.

I like the argument based on the Steele dossier — since much of it remains unproven, the findings of any investigation prompted by it must be false.
blatham

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:16 am
@hightor,
Equating Clinton's lying about a bj to Trump's nine thousand plus lies - so far not to mention the constant lies from his communications team is.... choose your term. But "honest" wouldn't be it.
blatham

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:19 am
@hightor,
Yes. Bombast, bullying and overt projection is the method. But of course that's really all they have in their arsenal. Rational argument isn't going to work.
NSFW (view)
Walter Hinteler

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:32 am
@blatham,
The Guardian: Trump tampered with witnesses. These Senate Republicans voted to oust Bill Clinton for doing just that
Quote:
Mueller’s report essentially accuses Trump of witness tampering – one of the offences Republicans impeached Clinton on. Here’s how they explained their votes
... ... ... ... ... ...
Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
If they have him dead to rights coaching witnesses not to tell the truth, make quick work of it.
Lash

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:46 am
@blatham,
The crime is identical.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The Guardian: Trump tampered with witnesses. These Senate Republicans voted to oust Bill Clinton for doing just that
Quote:
Mueller’s report essentially accuses Trump of witness tampering – one of the offences Republicans impeached Clinton on. Here’s how they explained their votes
... ... ... ... ... ...

I doubt that it has been proven that Trump committed witness tampering.

However, despite Republican efforts to uphold the law, the Democrats saved Bill Clinton from being removed from office.

If it is ever proven that Trump committed witness tampering, it is fair for the Republicans to give him a similar pass.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 20 Apr, 2019 06:58 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
If they have him dead to rights coaching witnesses not to tell the truth, make quick work of it.

Not after the Democrats gave Bill Clinton a pass for doing the very same thing.

I seriously doubt that they have him dead to rights on anything at all.