izzythepush

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 08:19 am
@Lash,
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 09:34 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
The chances of his defenders taking an honest look at the unredacted parts of the report was always even more slim.
Fox etc will not be encouraging their audiences to actually read this report whereas NYT, WP etc are providing links to the full document.
Real Music

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 10:06 am
https://i.imgflip.com/19y2zh.jpg
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 10:09 am
https://i.imgflip.com/1s62my.jpg
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 10:20 am
@blatham,
Well, if those who usually only go to conservative or conspiracy type sites, below is a pdf of the Mueller Report.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 01:14 pm
Sarah Sanders (invented) story about FBI agents'

reaction to Comey firing, Mueller report says.

Published April 18, 2019
Quote:
The day after President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, then-deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders stood at the podium in the White House briefing room and told reporters that the president had had “countless conversations” with members of the FBI who said morale at the bureau was low and they had lost confidence in Comey.

“He’s questioned Director Comey’s reason for needing to stay at the FBI,” Sanders said during the May 10, 2017, briefing. “He had countless conversations with members from within the FBI.”

But in her testimony to federal investigators probing whether Trump obstructed justice, Sanders admitted that she made it up.

According to special counsel Robert Mueller's report on the Trump campaign's contacts with Russia and the president’s interference in the investigation released Thursday, there was “no evidence” suggesting Trump had heard from FBI agents who had lost confidence in Comey before his firing, and “Sanders acknowledged to investigators that her comments were not founded on anything.”

https://news.yahoo.com/mueller-report-sarah-sanders-invented-story-about-fbi-agents-reaction-to-comey-firing-175925718.html
RABEL222

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 01:26 pm
@Brand X,
Where did you get that stat?
Brand X

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 01:42 pm
@RABEL222,
I posted two stats, one from a NYT reporter, one from a WaPo reporter.
RABEL222

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:23 pm
@Brand X,
Can you name the reporters? So I can look them up myself. I have seen too many false summaries to trust repeats.
Brand X

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:32 pm
@RABEL222,
@wpjenna is Jenna Johnson, actually a political correspondent.

@AsteadWesley - I don't know his full name, he just goes by Steadman on Twitter. National politics reporter.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 02:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Now you've got me singing this load of crap.

0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:03 pm
@Real Music,
I didn't watch the press conference today, but did she get asked about it and if she did, what was her answer?
revelette1

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 04:05 pm
Trump approval drops 3 points to 2019 low after release of Mueller report: Reuters/Ipsos poll

0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:18 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Given the many other investigations on-going, I don't see how Trump survives this. As with this op/ed above, right wing media will continue continue to portray Trump as a fine fellow and great American who's being victimized by political enemies. But as his polling numbers drop and electoral dangers increase for the GOP, the party is going to face some very complicated problems. How sad for them.

Don't be silly. First, those other investigations will have to find something.

Then there is the question of why anyone should value the results of the Democrats' endless witch hunts even if they do find wrongdoing.

And finally, if any wrongdoing is ever uncovered, the left will have to convince people to actually care after the Democrats gave Bill Clinton a pass for his crime spree.

Time will tell if the first hurdle is ever cleared. There is no way for the left to clear the subsequent hurdles.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:20 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
So if a person seeking a hitman, ask someone who refuses to do murder for him/her, does that mean the person wanting murder done is off the hook?

"Soliciting murder" is a real crime.

"The official in charge of an investigation deciding to close it down" is an imaginary crime.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 05:26 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
The chances of his defenders taking an honest look at the unredacted parts of the report was always even more slim.

Why waste my limited free time? It isn't obstruction for the official in charge of an investigation to decide to close it down.

Even if that was a plausible interpretation of obstruction statutes (it isn't), it would still be unconstitutional to to apply that interpretation to acts by the President.

According to news reports, the report can't even prove these charges of not-really-obstruction that it talks about.

Even if Trump had actually committed obstruction, the Democrats say that it was perfectly OK for Bill Clinton to commit multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct.

Is anyone offering to pay me for my time if I bother to read this report?
neptuneblue

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 06:10 pm
@oralloy,
You really need a new shtick.

Of course you will not concede to obstruction even when it's staring you in the face. Your bigotry towards Clinton keeps you hindered and willfully ignorant. Telling an official to close down an ongoing investigation to conceal a crime IS obstruction.

Clinton WAS impeached. So, no, it's NOT ok. Maybe for you, but not for most Americans.

Again, the report wasn't to INDICT a sitting president, it was to gather FACTS. We now have the facts, it's been turned over to Congress. Let them do their job and bring Articles of Impeachment forward.
oralloy

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 07:41 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
You really need a new shtick.

No. I need to continue pointing out facts and reality.

neptuneblue wrote:
Of course you will not concede to obstruction even when it's staring you in the face.

Sure I would. I would love to be staring at obstruction so I could throw Bill Clinton's multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct in the Democrats' faces.

But facts are facts. And the fact is, Trump did not commit obstruction.

I'm still doing my best to raise Bill Clinton as a secondary point however.

There is another point that needs to be raised as well, that I forgot to bring up in my previous posts. These Democratic witch hunts have a history of fabricating obstruction charges against innocent people. There is no reason to believe that anything in the Mueller report is actually true.

There are so many different reasons for ignoring the Mueller report that it is hard to keep track of them all.

neptuneblue wrote:
Your bigotry towards Clinton keeps you hindered

That's silly. Pointing out the fact that Bill Clinton committed multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct is hardly bigotry.

I realize that you had nothing to counter this fact with, but come on.

neptuneblue wrote:
and willfully ignorant.

Feel free to try to point out any untrue statements that I've made.

neptuneblue wrote:
Telling an official to close down an ongoing investigation to conceal a crime IS obstruction.

I doubt it. But that isn't what happened here in any case.

What happened here is the official himself deciding to close down the investigation.

neptuneblue wrote:
Clinton WAS impeached. So, no, it's NOT ok. Maybe for you, but not for most Americans.

The Democrats let Bill Clinton off the hook and refused to remove him from office.

neptuneblue wrote:
Again, the report wasn't to INDICT a sitting president, it was to gather FACTS.

That is incorrect. The only job of the Special Counsel is to prosecute crimes.

neptuneblue wrote:
We now have the facts, it's been turned over to Congress. Let them do their job and bring Articles of Impeachment forward.

It is not their job to impeach innocent officials on imaginary charges.

If the Democrats try to do such a thing, we should outlaw the Democratic Party in America and be rid of their witch hunts once and for all.
neptuneblue

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 08:09 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
No. I need to continue pointing out facts and reality.

You've misstated facts and re-direct without acknowledging:

" In a sad coda to his tumultuous presidency, Bill Clinton used his final full day in office yesterday to bring legal closure and a belated measure of candor to the scandal that will forever mar his record. Under what amounts to a plea-bargain deal with the independent counsel Robert Ray, Mr. Clinton admitted for the first time to ''testifying falsely'' when he denied an affair with Monica Lewinsky during a deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment suit. Most people will properly see that as an admission that he lied under oath, notwithstanding the semantic quibbling of Mr. Clinton's lawyer, David Kendall.

As part of the deal, Mr. Clinton also accepted a five-year suspension of his license to practice law in Arkansas and agreed to pay a $25,000 fine. In exchange, Mr. Ray has agreed to close his investigation without filing any criminal charges against Mr. Clinton for perjury or obstruction of justice."

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/20/opinion/mr-clinton-s-last-deal.html

oralloy wrote:
Sure I would. I would love to be staring at obstruction so I could throw Bill Clinton's multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct in the Democrats' faces.

I know. It's ok, you're having a bad day.

oralloy wrote:
But facts are facts. And the fact is, Trump did not commit obstruction.

Yes, he did.

oralloy wrote:
I'm still doing my best to raise Bill Clinton as a secondary point however..

You shouldn't. It isn't a relevant fact.

oralloy wrote:
There is another point that needs to be raised as well, that I forgot to bring up in my previous posts. These Democratic witch hunts have a history of fabricating obstruction charges against innocent people. There is no reason to believe that anything in the Mueller report is actually true.

Yes, there is.

oralloy wrote:
There are so many different reasons for ignoring the Mueller report that it is hard to keep track of them all.

No, there isn't.

oralloy wrote:
That's silly. Pointing out the fact that Bill Clinton committed multiple counts of obstruction and conspiracy to obstruct is hardly bigotry.

I realize that you had nothing to counter this fact with, but come on.

Clinton plea bargained on his last day in office so he wouldn't be charged for his crimes.

oralloy wrote:
Feel free to try to point out any untrue statements that I've made.

I just did.

oralloy wrote:
I doubt it. But that isn't what happened here in any case.

That's exactly what's going on here.

oralloy wrote:
What happened here is the official himself deciding to close down the investigation.

No, he was TOLD to stop an investigation into criminal activities, which is against the law.

oralloy wrote:
The Democrats let Bill Clinton off the hook and refused to remove him from office.

Congress has wide discretion to hold a sitting President accountable.

oralloy wrote:
That is incorrect. The only job of the Special Counsel is to prosecute crimes.

False. Mueller's mandate was to fact find if there were Russian interference and possible American collusion.

oralloy wrote:
It is not their job to impeach innocent officials on imaginary charges.

It certainly is their job to impeach a sitting president who broke the rule of law.

oralloy wrote:
If the Democrats try to do such a thing, we should outlaw the Democratic Party in America and be rid of their witch hunts once and for all.

It's not a witch hunt when facts proves a president broke the law.
FreedomEyeLove

Fri 19 Apr, 2019 11:38 pm
@neptuneblue,
it's very unhealthy for grown adults to continue to grasp at straws to try to convince themselves that president Trump is a Russian secret agent.
This kind of behavior from the Trump derangement folks borders on being a psychotic break, and an inability to accept objective reality.
I sincerely hope that these types of unstable people seek out professional mental health help for their own good, and for everyone else's as well.
0 Replies