monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:42 am
@blatham,
I thought you had WW so when you bent down it spelled WOW.
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:44 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
“I’m a very bad boy ooooh harder, harder”

Maybe Obama said that in his late night Oval office encounters, but then again his mouth was probably full and what he said would be garbled.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:07 pm
Quote:
Oh Golly, eek, oh no 🤦‍♂️. I’m supposed to be furious, right.???

No, you are supposed to show me examples of my dishonesty. Any comments about my intellect certainly put yours on display, and you are not showing me anything in that department. Some examples of my dishonesty, or hang it up.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Mine joke was better.
izzythepush

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:11 pm
@blatham,
You've got a mine up there?

And I thought I was paranoid.
InfraBlue

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:19 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
That does not negate the fact that what matters to you doesn't matter.

Actually it does. My vote counts just as much as yours does. And I am able to post arguments that your position is unjust, dangerous and wrong.

You being able to post arguments that my position is unjust, dangerous and wrong is one thing, that this matters is quite another.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Then Israel and the Zionists will never know the peace they say they desire.

Your use of "then" is out of place. You were already withholding peace.

You can't withhold peace as retaliation for the Palestinians not getting any more land when you are withholding peace regardless of whether they get more land.

The Zionists are withholding peace by oppressing the Palestinians. If they continue their oppression then they will never know the peace they say they desire.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Don't be a fascist. Say NO to fascism.

I'm going to support Israel no matter what you falsely accuse them of doing.

The Zionists are fascists. Don't support fascists. Don't be a fascist. Say NO to fascism.
blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:19 pm
@izzythepush,
I suppose it's possible. I've never looked.
InfraBlue

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:21 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
The Zionists will never know the peace that they say they desire because of their continual oppression of the Palestinian people. Zionists are terrorists as well.

Then the Palestinians will never get anymore land, and will have to make do with Area A and Gaza.

The Zionists will never know the peace that they say they desire.
InfraBlue

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
The Zionists will never know the peace

You are saying what they (the Jews) are doing now has something to do with a 1400 doctrine that says they must die? Nope. Islam is hate and you are all in.

I am saying that as long as the Zionists continue to oppress the Palestinian people they will never know the peace that they say they desire.
InfraBlue

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:26 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

He actually used the word 'crisis', and he's at the border.

'MCALLEN, Texas (AP) — A mother cradled a crying toddler as she waited in line with 20 other women to shower. Dozens of fathers quietly held their children’s hands in an enclosure made of chain-link fencing.

While these families were held at an overcrowded Border Patrol processing center, a fresh wave of migrants crossed the nearby river separating the U.S. and Mexico and waited for border agents to bring them to the same facility. One Honduran woman carried a feverish 7-month-old baby.

The cycle is repeated multiple times a day. Waves of desperate families are trying to cross the border almost hourly and entering an overtaxed government detention system.

The Border Patrol has become so overwhelmed in feeding and caring for the migrants that it announced plans this week to start releasing some families onto the street in the Rio Grande Valley to ease overcrowding in the processing center, providing the immigrants with a notice to appear at an upcoming court date.

We have an unprecedented crisis upon us,” Robert Perez, deputy commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Border Patrol’s parent agency, said in an interview.

https://www.apnews.com/d07198cd6898470ea9137ad800b5bd8a

Given the nature of the crisis, a wall isn't going to solve it.
blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
Paul Waldman has a great piece up on this hypocrisy
Quote:
So will we ‘lock up’ Ivanka and Jared for violating government email policy?
https://wapo.st/2uoc03V
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 12:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
Agreed.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 01:26 pm
Atta Boy! Stick it to your own guy!!

Trump will remove new North Korea-related sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong Un

Jacob Pramuk | @jacobpramuk
Published 1 Hour Ago Updated 51 Mins Ago
CNBC.com

President Donald Trump said Friday that he would scrap action his administration took only a day earlier to crack down on companies accused of helping North Korea evade sanctions.

"It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea," the president tweeted on Friday, though the Treasury announcement he appeared to reference took place Thursday and did not involve "large scale" sanctions. "I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!"

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
It was announced today by the U.S. Treasury that additional large scale Sanctions would be added to those already existing Sanctions on North Korea. I have today ordered the withdrawal of those additional Sanctions!
1:22 PM - Mar 22, 2019

In explaining the president's sudden announcement, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, "President Trump likes Chairman Kim and he doesn't think these sanctions will be necessary." Trump's tweet and the press secretary's clarification of it sent waves of confusion throughout Washington, from the Pentagon to the White House itself.

On Thursday, Treasury designated two China-based shipping companies that it said has aided Pyongyang in circumventing U.S. and international sanctions. The U.S. and its allies have used those economic measures to push North Korea to dismantle its nuclear and missile programs.

Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un have met face to face twice, but left a summit in Vietnam last month without reaching a deal on denuclearization. Since the summit, reports have emerged of new activity at a North Korean missile research center and rocket site.

Trump's surprise reversal Friday marks a departure from his administration's messaging a day earlier. In a tweet Thursday after the Treasury's announcement, White House National Security Advisor John Bolton said "everyone should take notice and review their own activities to ensure that they are not involved in North Korea's sanctions evasion."

John Bolton

@AmbJohnBolton
Important actions today from @USTreasury; the maritime industry must do more to stop North Korea’s illicit shipping practices. Everyone should take notice and review their own activities to ensure they are not involved in North Korea’s sanctions evasion.

Treasury Department

@USTreasury
Treasury designates two shipping companies for attempted evasion of North Korea sanctions https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm632
2:31 PM - Mar 21, 2019

Since exchanging explosive rhetoric with Kim during his first year in office, Trump has aimed to assuage his North Korean counterpart as he pushes for an agreement to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula.

The president has also tried to tread carefully around China as he tries to reach a trade deal with Beijing and end a potentially devastating trade conflict. The U.S. has viewed getting Beijing to pull back its support for North Korea as crucial to getting the isolated regime to abandon its nuclear ambitions.

A Treasury Department spokesman did not immediately respond to a request to comment on the president's tweet. The Pentagon referred all queries about it to the White House.
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 01:41 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Atta Boy! Stick it to your own guy!!

Are there pallets of cash on the way and some North Korean spies?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 02:02 pm
Quote:
This is irrelevant to the fact

No, it is a very relevant fact (Islam and doctrine) to the terrorists known as Palestinians.
izzythepush

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 02:13 pm
@blatham,
For God's sake be careful.
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 02:14 pm
In everyone's favorite country.
Quote:
(Video) Man stabs priest at Montreal’s most famous and prestigious St. Joseph’s Oratory

A bearded man is the culprit. No news on his motive.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/priest-stabbed-during-morning-mass-at-saint-joseph-s-oratory-1.5067335
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 02:27 pm
A contemporary problem and a tragedy.

Quote:
Pink: Is the West being Islamized?

ST: ]Public discourse on Islam is already circumscribed by what Islamist activists in the West define as permissible discourse. To be specific: it does not matter if a specific Kuranic verse mandates that the infidel be converted, or killed, or forced to pay poll tax with the trembling hand of abject submission. If you say that in a manner which may be seen as “intolerant,” then it does not matter that you are telling the truth, you will be accused of “hate speech.”

No relation to "Pink". The answer to the question hits the nail on the head. Sharia is being enforced when people are silenced or falsely accused. If we want the killing to stop Islam must be confronted.
https://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/the-religious-violence-they-dont-report/

0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 02:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
For God's sake be careful.
I guess it would be somewhat embarrassing to have a bomb squad rush into the room where I'm having a colonoscopy.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 02:41 pm
Wanna know how dangerously fucked up Trump's promotion of Stephen Moore to the Fed would be? Read here TPM