monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

tsarstepan

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 06:32 am
Quote:
Jared Kushner's attorney told the House Committee on Oversight and Reform that Kushner uses private messaging applications and personal email to communicate about official White House matters, the committee wrote in a letter to White House Counsel Pat Cipollone on Thursday.

The oversight panel said that Kushner, the president's son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, had been using WhatsApp as part of his official duties — an apparent violation of a law governing White House records.

Lock him up.
blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 07:00 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Lock him up.
It is certainly fair to point to the inconsistency but I think a jail term for this would be excessive.

I'd be satisfied with a bare-ass spanking televised on all networks. In fact, I'd much prefer such a sentence.
izzythepush

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 07:40 am
Quote:
North Korea has withdrawn from the inter-Korean liaison office which was opened amid a warming of ties last year to facilitate talks with the South.

Seoul said it was contacted on Friday and informed that the North's staff would be leaving later in the day.

It has expressed its regret at the decision and is urging staff from the North to return as soon as possible.

The pullout follows a failed summit between the US and North Korean leaders in Hanoi last month.

The liaison office, located in the North Korean border city of Kaesong, had allowed officials from North and South Korea to communicate on a regular basis for the first time since the Korean War. It is meant to be staffed by up to 20 people from each side.

When the office was opened in September 2018, it was hailed as representing a significant step forward in inter-Korean relations.

The two sides had in the past communicated by fax or special phone lines, which would often be cut when relations soured.

At the time, Seoul's Unification Minister said it would allow for direct discussion of any issues "24 hours, 365 days".

Since last month's failed summit in Vietnam between the US and North Korean leaders, Pyongyang has warned that it could resume missile and nuclear testing.

Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son-hui said earlier this month that Washington threw away "a golden opportunity" at the summit.

President Trump had said at the time that Mr Kim had asked for the removal of all sanctions - which the US could not agree to. But Ms Choe said that the North had only asked for five key economic sanctions to be lifted.

US officials have insisted that diplomacy is still "alive".

President Moon had hoped his diplomatic relationship with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un would survive even if talks between the US and the North broke down.

At the moment, this position looks questionable. Mr Moon was counting on his skills as a mediator to try to get US-North Korea talks back on track. But Pyongyang now appears unwilling to talk to Seoul and Mr Moon may not have the influence he needs to get Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un back to the negotiating table.

North Korea may also be asking itself - what is the point of talking to the South? Before the Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, the two sides were discussing ways to develop economic ties. South Korea had hoped to ask for sanctions exemptions from the US to take part in part in various projects, but Donald Trump has made it clear that will not be acceptable. Pyongyang concluded in a recent newspaper editorial that South Korea can do nothing without US approval.

This announcement will also test the patience of South Korean people. They watched the soaring rhetoric between the two Korean leaders as they held hands during their historic summits last year. Many started to believe, that after 70 years of false hope, this time would be different. But North Korea is now walking away from the pledges it made and this latest development will be seen by many as a sign that peace is once again a distant prospect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47665514

Art of the Deal? More like the arse with no deal.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 08:32 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Lock him up.
It is certainly fair to point to the inconsistency but I think a jail term for this would be excessive.

I'd be satisfied with a bare-ass spanking televised on all networks. In fact, I'd much prefer such a sentence.

Naw, there’s the chance he’d like it. A stint in general population in a federal prison would offer much better chances of being unpleasant for him.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 09:30 am
@snood,
I'm sure that no-one ever doubted it:

Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran
Quote:
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said it is "possible" that President Donald Trump was sent by God to save the Jewish people from Iran.

In an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network during a high-profile trip to Israel, he said it was his faith that made him believe that.

He also praised US efforts to "make sure that this democracy in the Middle East, that this Jewish state, remains".

The comments came on a Jewish holiday celebrating rescue from genocide.

The holiday, Purim, commemorates the rescue of the Jewish people by Queen Esther from the Persians, as the interviewer noted to Mr Pompeo.

He was asked if "President Trump right now has been sort of raised for such a time as this, just like Queen Esther, to help save the Jewish people from an Iranian menace".

"As a Christian, I certainly believe that's possible," said Mr Pompeo, a former Kansas senator and CIA director.

"I am confident that the Lord is at work here," he added.
Baldimo

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 10:04 am
@hightor,
Who's boss?
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 10:25 am
Quote:
The Zionists will never know the peace

You are saying what they (the Jews) are doing now has something to do with a 1400 doctrine that says they must die? Nope. Islam is hate and you are all in.
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 10:39 am
Quote:
ABC News just dropped a BOMBSHELL about the new Mueller report!

Quote:
There’s no shortage of speculation on the special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, much of it totally uninformed.

But we don’t need to speculate on the scope – the man who appointed Mueller has already given us a potential road map on what to expect from the special counsel.

The bottom line: Do not expect a harsh condemnation of President Donald Trump or any of his associates if they have not been charged with crimes.

Oh Oh. 4 more years for Trump.
https://therightscoop.com/abc-news-just-dropped-a-bombshell-about-the-new-mueller-report/
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 10:54 am
He actually used the word 'crisis', and he's at the border.

'MCALLEN, Texas (AP) — A mother cradled a crying toddler as she waited in line with 20 other women to shower. Dozens of fathers quietly held their children’s hands in an enclosure made of chain-link fencing.

While these families were held at an overcrowded Border Patrol processing center, a fresh wave of migrants crossed the nearby river separating the U.S. and Mexico and waited for border agents to bring them to the same facility. One Honduran woman carried a feverish 7-month-old baby.

The cycle is repeated multiple times a day. Waves of desperate families are trying to cross the border almost hourly and entering an overtaxed government detention system.

The Border Patrol has become so overwhelmed in feeding and caring for the migrants that it announced plans this week to start releasing some families onto the street in the Rio Grande Valley to ease overcrowding in the processing center, providing the immigrants with a notice to appear at an upcoming court date.

We have an unprecedented crisis upon us,” Robert Perez, deputy commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Border Patrol’s parent agency, said in an interview.

https://www.apnews.com/d07198cd6898470ea9137ad800b5bd8a

coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 10:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I'm sure that no-one ever doubted it:

The reference to God got you upset? Too bad. Remember God is not going to tell anyone who he supports so if some people feel that way there is nothing wrong with it.

I am sure the Islamic terrorists think God is on their side too. In fact, they take it so seriously their killing sprees are responsible for 270 million deaths.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:03 am
@coldjoint,
Actually, that only testifies to the president's deep-seated German background: the concept of God's grace has its starting point in the Carolingian kings of the Frankish Empire.

https://i.imgur.com/ts1rqZj.jpg
Liuthar-Evangeliar, c. 1000: Depiction of the Divine Mercy of Emperor Otto III.
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
the president's deep-seated German background:

Did the president say God sent him to save Israel? Nope. Are you saying Pompeo based his claim on anything like that? Sounds irrelevant to me, but a lot of historical trivia is.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:15 am
@snood,
Quote:
A stint in general population in a federal prison would offer much better chances of being unpleasant for him.

You do not know much about prison do you? Kushner's money would buy him all the protection he could ever want.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:26 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Who's boss?

Can't you follow the post trail back to a former conversation?
Baldimo wrote:
He stopped rooting for the justice system when he didn't charge Hillary. He stopped rooting for the justice system when he didn't do anything about Bill Clinton meeting with the Loretta Lynch a few days prior to making his speech.

Comey, for christ's sake. I wasn't pulling a Red Rex on you.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:27 am
@snood,
Quote:
Naw, there’s the chance he’d like it.
You got me there. But I'd wager that if he were offered the choice of two years in the clink or a public bare-ass spanking (ten no-nonsense whacks with a good paddle) in Central Park with bleachers set around and all of it televised, he choose jail.
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:34 am
Quote:
Sources: Mueller Report Will Contain No More Indictments, Release Will Be Disappointing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/sources-mueller-report-will-contain-no-more-indictments-release-will-be-disappointing/
0 Replies

glitterbag

@blatham,
I think he would pick the public paddling and ask for bonus smacks, all the while smiling and proclaiming “I’m a very bad boy ooooh harder, harder”
blatham

@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran
He's an evangelical so it's even possible he isn't lying. But the idea is intellectually dishonest anyway as people like him never acknowledge any such connection when a Dem wins an election.
coldjoint

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:40 am
@blatham,
Quote:
But the idea is intellectually dishonest

Kind of like posting on a thread you said you were done with? Or is this just plain old dishonesty?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:41 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I think he would pick the public paddling and ask for bonus smacks, all the while smiling and proclaiming “I’m a very bad boy ooooh harder, harder”

There's a coincidence! I have that quoted tattooed on my bottom. On the left side "I'm a very bad boy" and on the right side "Harder, harder".

But we skipped the "ooooh" dead center as we thought it redundant.