monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

edgarblythe

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:01 pm
@blatham,
Well, as Gomer Pyle might say, "Surprise surprise." and "My my my." I only hope his advisers are not as stupid as he.
cicerone imposter

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
We know now that Paul Ryan is Trump's desciple.
edgarblythe

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I knew it all along. Pence is Ryan's twin.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:11 pm
@blatham,
You leave out the biggest news contained in the article from the ever-reliable "news" source, "shareblue," that you cite, eh, Blathy?

Turns out, TRUMP IS A RUSSIAN PUPPET!!

Quote:
Unpopularly-elected and Russia-installed President Donald Trump has proven himself a liar repeated...

Installed by the Russians! Well, I guess it's not really news, at least not to cheese-eaters, come to think of it. They knew he was a secret russian agent all along, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:12 pm
David Slack ‏@slack2thefuture 20h20 hours ago
Remember sitting in history, thinking “If I was alive then, I would’ve…”

You’re alive now. Whatever you’re doing is what you would’ve done.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I only hope his advisers are not as stupid as he.

Bannon, Conway, Flynn... A very thin thread to hang one's hopes on, edgar.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:19 pm
Chris gets this exactly right
Quote:
Christopher Hayes ‏@chrislhayes 2m2 minutes ago
This EO is a legal document, a piece of policy, entirely reverse engineered around bigoted, knee-jerk campaign rhetoric.

And it will be defended by many on the right (most if not all here) because of the democratic right to hate viciously.
layman

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:21 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Chris gets this exactly right
Quote:
Christopher Hayes ‏@chrislhayes 2m2 minutes ago
This EO is a legal document, a piece of policy, entirely reverse engineered around bigoted, knee-jerk campaign rhetoric.

And it will be defended by many on the right (most if not all here) because of the democratic right to hate viciously.

Heh, keeping campaign promises is now "reverse-engineering" according to the Orwellian lefties, eh? Figures. They never expected, or wanted, Obama to keep his campaign promises about "unifying the country." That was all just deceptive "campaign rhetoric," ya know? They would have felt betrayed if he had actually done what he promised.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:22 pm
Jennifer Rubin ‏@JRubinBlogger 7m7 minutes ago
I could see D's taking backb1 or both houses if this clown show continues with congressional R's nodding like bobbleheads
layman

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:27 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Jennifer Rubin ‏@JRubinBlogger 7m7 minutes ago
I could see D's taking backb1 or both houses if this clown show continues with congressional R's nodding like bobbleheads

Great to know what Jennifer Rubin (whoever the hell that is) "could see," eh!? Y'all can cancel your twitter accounts. Blathy will pass along every one worth reading right here in this thread.

You know, just the ones that are both extremely insightful and informative.
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:34 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

EOs are legal and binding, deriving from the powers of the Executive Branch. But they are subject to judicial review. Normally they do not move into the area of forming broad policies (that's congress' job). I think the main means to challenge a specific EO is where it may violate the constitution. Other than that, politicians and the public who find an EO egregious (eg morally) will have to kick up a ruckus sufficient to make the thing politically unpalatable for the Pres and his party. (if i have anything wrong there, you yanquis can correct me)

Thanks Blatham. Seems ruckuses are, indeed, being kicked up.
layman

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:38 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Thanks Blatham. Seems ruckuses are, indeed, being kicked up.

Yeah, ya could call it a "ruckus," I guess..

Me, I call it the "mother of all beatdowns."

You may still have time to make it to Canada, cheese-eaters.

I hear that there's been a slight delay for Bannon in getting his storm troopers fully equipped with assault rifles and other necessary implements. There's so many that the supply has temporarily run short.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:48 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, they are indeed.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:52 pm

The pagan ideal of multiculturalism has crushed any modicum of common sense that remained among our leaders in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.
cicerone imposter

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 06:58 pm
@Frugal1,
Multiculturalism is here to stay. If you don't like it, you can always move to China or Russia.
Frugal1

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Assimilate, or GTFO!
layman

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:08 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Justin TrudeauVerified account
‏@JustinTrudeau
To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada

You even have an open invitation, cheese-eaters. It's probably now or never. Best get to packin your ****, know what I'm sayin?
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:18 pm
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Assimilate, or GTFO!
See, I told you all that if you dont eat enough cheese you become a BORG of the repuglicans
farmerman

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:20 pm
@farmerman,
I see a cartoon with the DUMPSTER with a huge spray can, spraying OUT the opening lines on the base of the Statue of Liberty
Frugal1

Sat 28 Jan, 2017 07:23 pm
@Frugal1,
And for God's sake, immigrate to this country the LEGAL way - follow the rules & laws.