monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Tue 26 Feb, 2019 11:35 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

snood wrote:
They can call Cohen a liar all they want, but they will have a hard time with explaining if there are hard copies of signed whore payoff checks from Trump,
What's to explain?

I think "slut" is a more accurate than "whore", for what it's worth.

snood wrote:
audio recordings of Trump conducting fraud and corruption,
That's unlikely to happen.

snood wrote:
texts corroborating Cohen’s testimony...
Who cares? It's not like he is going to testify about anything meaningful.

There is literally nothing that could be uncovered about Trump that you would want him held to account for, is there? I mean, you really are one of those people that he’s talked about - you could witness him shooting someone in cold blood, and it would not waver your support. Isn’t that true?
oralloy

Tue 26 Feb, 2019 11:51 pm
@snood,
Of course. If he had been guilty of actual crimes, I would be delighted to place him above the law.

But this does not change the reality that you are only accusing him of imaginary crimes.
glitterbag

Tue 26 Feb, 2019 11:57 pm
@snood,
Trump was right, he could shoot a 13 year old boy and his supporters would claim he was cleaning up the streets. It never occurs to them it might be their nephew or son or grandchild because they know they are better than those other folks. And everyone is the other folks. If their daughter is raped in her bedroom, its horrific...but if it's your daughter or mine, they want to know if she was running with the wrong crowd. Such people are the poor man's effete snobs who look down their little button noses at everyone else.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 26 Feb, 2019 11:59 pm
@coldjoint,
As I said, I was reading the 16th century documents and modern typescrippts of them (if you've ever tried reading 16th cent. handwriting you'f know why there were modern transcripts). As far as I know a lot of thm have never been published. The archives are in a colonial prison in Mexico City retrofitted with modern desks and chairs and lampps and such (no general computers when I was there. If you're ever in the DF when I'm there, i'll yske you thdre.. I remember thd monks and priests tseemend to be all the time telling the indio women that sleeping with them was just like having sex with god or jesus and a lot of women believed them, The Mexican Inquisition was all over their asses for tht. Priestly celibacy wasn'y big in colonial mexico. Just a qick internet search gave me some info on treatment of women.The Spanish Conquest, in addition toe the brutal treatment meted out by the Spanish conqstadores was probably the largest genocide in history. The natives had been separated from Europe for w5ooo years and they had no resistance to the pox-ridden Europeans who were carriers of all those diseases. Columbus started out by enslaving the native caribs but his men brought the mass disease, and by the time the conquistadores got their thirty years later, Mexico and Peru had been wracked by euroopean disezses which destroyed a lot of the political structure, killing leaders and wiping out orderly lines of dsuccesion and socil control.. Within two cntureis it's estimated that 90% of the inhabitants had died, a population in totl not unlike Europe at the time. the largest genocide in history, even if unwitting. That's also why the pilgrims had ll that land open in new englans, because plagues had recently swept thru, decimating the native tribes and leving only scattered survivors. Enslavemnt, brutal spnish-led conquest, whzt amounted to a death sentence for the native miners who were forced to work in the mines, the silver mines in peru as tribute labor. brutal barbaric Christian lea enslavement, of half the world. Islam had nothing on them.
Oh, the bit about women enslaved: http://www.mexicolore.co.uk/aztecs/ask-us/women-and-the-conquest
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:09 am
@oralloy,
come back in three days when cohen finishes testifying. Notice Mueller hasn't brought up trum in the convicytions of trump' sleazoid retainers. He's got enough other stuff on them to get them hefty prison term, which they want to reuce. Then, when he's done the standard prosecuorial work of getting the lower guys in a position where they've got to peack on the big guy znd zll your u cks in a row, you do all the evidence against the big guy and have the corrorborating witneese. From all the guys he's lined up, it looks like it's gona be a whang-dang-doo when he gets ready for trump.. Hold tight to your seats, it was all just prep work to date, the house of cards is a house of cards.
Builder

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:17 am
@snood,
Quote:
...you could witness him shooting someone in cold blood, and it would not waver your support. Isn’t that true?

How did you react to Clinton laughing about having the leader of Libya murdered in the street, snood?

MontereyJack

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:23 am
@Builder,
Gaddafi was after all a murderous swine who loved getting mombs onto airliners. He and Trump would get along famously, or maybe bigly.
Builder

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:29 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Gaddafi was after all a murderous swine...

Demonstrating your chronic ignorance is fine, MJ.

That doesn't account for the reasons proffered by the admin at the time, for the invasion and murder. Humanitarian, as I recall. They took the gold, and fucked off, and left the nation in ruins.
MontereyJack

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:34 am
@Builder,
Yeah, I was pretty sure you'd show up with your usual apologia for gaddafi. You did,
Builder

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:37 am
@MontereyJack,
You've got nothing but ad homs, as usual.

An open admission of defeat, this early in the piece?

No wonder you're pretending to joust with the children here.
glitterbag

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 12:47 am
@MontereyJack,
Is builder a big fan of Gaddafi?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 01:01 am
@Builder,
Uh, you really should brush up on ad hominems, /that's not one. This is the second time you have in fact defended the mad bomber. I was s o gobsmacked by the first time, I remembered it. Its' simply what you actuallyinexplicably did.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 01:18 am
@coldjoint,
I don't know what past discussion you're talking about, but it is immoral to lie, cj, and your 'president' lies everytime he opens his mouth...

You wouldn't know, of course, clueless as you are.
izzythepush

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 01:25 am
This isn't dying down, far from it.

Quote:
Pakistan says it has shot down two Indian Air Force jets in a major escalation of the Kashmir conflict.

An army spokesman said one of the planes had fallen inside Pakistan and a pilot had been arrested. There is no confirmation from India which claimed to have shot down a Pakistani aircraft.

Pakistan earlier said it had hit Indian targets, a day after India struck militants in Pakistan.

The raids follow a militant attack in Kashmir which killed 40 Indian troops.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47383634
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 01:27 am
Quote:
The US House of Representatives has voted to revoke President Donald Trump's emergency declaration over building a US-Mexico border wall.

The bid to overturn the declaration now goes to the Republican-majority Senate, where some conservatives have said they will vote with Democrats.

Mr Trump, who declared the emergency after Congress refused funding for the wall, has said he will veto the bill.

The resolution passed the Democrat-led House by a margin of 245-182.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47379991
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 01:50 am
The fallout from Trump's paedophile charter continues.

Quote:
The US health department has received more than 4,500 complaints of sexual abuse against detained migrant children from 2014-2018, documents show.

The Department of Justice reportedly received an additional 1,303 sex abuse complaints against unaccompanied minors during the same period.

Congressman Ted Deutch, who released the figures, said at least 154 claims are against facility staff members.

A spokesman for the health department said it takes the claims seriously.

"These documents demonstrate over the past three years there have been 154 staff-on-unaccompanied-minor - let me repeat that, staff-on-unaccompanied-minor - allegations of sexual assault," Congressman Deutch said during a House Judiciary Committee hearing.

The hearing, which focused on the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" immigration policy that led to thousands of immigrant children being separated from their families, featured testimony from Jonathan White, the deputy director for children's program's at Health and Human Services' (HHS) Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).

"This works out, on average, to one sexual assault by HHS staff on an unaccompanied minor, per week," Mr Deutch continued.

Mr White clarified that those allegations are not against HHS staff, but rather against the contractors who are paid by HHS to run the underage migrant detention facilities.

"I will make that clarification. It doesn't make what happened any less horrific," Mr Deutch responded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47377889
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 02:01 am
More from the lickspittle administration.

Quote:
A Saudi Arabian man accused of murder in the US is unlikely to face justice because he has fled the country, a US State Department official has said.

Abdulrahman Sameer Noorah is believed to have fled the US state of Oregon with the help of Saudi officials and returned to his home country.

In a condolence letter to Oregon Senator Ron Wyden, a senior US diplomat wrote that extradition was unlikely.

The letter does not mention what effort the US will go to to seek extradition.

"The United States and Saudi Arabia do not have a bilateral extradition treaty, and Saudi Arabia does not extradite its nationals to the United States," wrote Mary Elizabeth Taylor, the State Department's assistant secretary of legislative affairs, in a letter provided by Senator Wyden's office to BBC News.

"Therefore, the law enforcement options available are limited."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47377888
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 03:01 am
Is Mueller ever going to get his **** together on this report of his?

Two years in the making, and still nothing?

If he was on a board of directors, the shareholders would be crying for his blood by now.

Oh, but that would apply to the whole of congress, I suppose.

He's still dragging his ass, though.
gungasnake

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 03:39 am
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/26/watch-louie-gohmert-ends-climate-change-hearing-due-to-lack-of-democrat-attendance/
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 27 Feb, 2019 06:02 am
@Builder,
Mueller Has Notes From White House Staffer Detailing Trump's Behavior for Obstruction of Justice Probe: Report