monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 10:03 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Maybe not, but I have seen what he has done and I like it.
I like that Trump protects people from leftists who try to violate their civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

Real Music

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 10:27 pm
Trump's Attacks On Black Female Journalists

Published November 12, 2018

Trump To Black Reporter: "That's A Racist Question!"

Published November 7, 2018
coldjoint

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 10:33 pm
@Real Music,

Quote:
Published November 12, 2018

Need your racism fix for the day? He would have said the same to any color reporter. Get a life, racism is meaningless when it is every other word.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 10:40 pm
Standing ovation for the SOTU speech.
coldjoint

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 10:58 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Standing ovation for the SOTU speech.

Babe Ruth pointed before he hit his home run, Trump should have.
roger

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 10:59 pm
@Builder,
By whom?
Builder

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:10 pm
@roger,
Oh, sounds like sour grapes, Roger. Even Pelosi gave her colleagues the nudge to get up and clap.

It's amusing that you nevertrump tryhards have nobody of note to support in the Dems, but persist in your attempts to undermine your president.

Here's how it panned out down under, Roger.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/live-president-donald-trump-delivers-his-state-of-the-union-address-20190206-p50vyj.html

https://twitter.com/i/status/1092983252372074496
Builder

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:28 pm
@coldjoint,

Quote:
Babe Ruth pointed before he hit his home run

There's still a lot of work to do. A second term might help.
coldjoint

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:35 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
There's still a lot of work to do. A second term might help.

These haters here will have a fit. Canada might explode! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:52 pm
How very petty of you. I have reported your post for an obvious and gratuitous insult to two members of this site.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:54 pm
Roger is well-known at this site for more than 15 years as a conservative. That he doesn't rush with the conservative/Tory operatives here to kiss the fat boy's ass is merely evidence of his good sense.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:10 am
@oralloy,
Wrong again. Native Americans don't destroy archaeological remains. What they don't want is for archaeologists or grave robbers or looters to plunder the graves or ceremonial or religious objects of people they consider their ancstors. Pretty much the same as Christians who are outraged if someon robs a grfave of their ancestor and sells the gobjects buried with their relatives however far back. Or stole, say, the gold candlesticks or religious icons, And I say that as someone with anthropological and archaeological training. If you're going to study it, you have to be respectful ofthose who have strong ties to it. And looting of archaeological site is indefensible under any circumstances. Looters have pillaged pricelss scientific sites since they built the Great Pyramids. The Native Americans definitely have a point,
MontereyJack

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:14 am
@coldjoint,
Unlikely he'll collect anything. It was news. It was ambiguous. And nothing particularly slanderous happened,
MontereyJack

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:16 am
@blatham,
It's a non event now. All Trump has to do is stop posturing. And treat them in good faith a asylum seekers, which he isn't.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:36 am
@oralloy,
Hard to pull off a self-defense in fear of your life arguent when you shoot so=eone in the back for running away from a =traffic citation. Or put someone in an elega choke hold which kills them for seling a couple of untaxed cigarettes. Cop SOP when you've done s bsf shooting is to plead fear for your life, no matter how outright absurd tht is. The cases that sparked blck outrage were ones where the AFrican Americans shot werfe not threatening the cops. They were just buncalled for killings by cops of civilians. This whole thing is simply your sick fantasy.
oralloy

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:38 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Wrong again.
You cannot show any place where I've been wrong even once.

MontereyJack wrote:
Wrong again. Native Americans don't destroy archaeological remains.
Burying ancient remains without allowing them to be studied (especially without allowing them to be studied in their original context) destroys all of the scientific knowledge that could have been gained.

MontereyJack wrote:
What they don't want is for archaeologists or grave robbers or looters to plunder the graves or ceremonial or religious objects of people they consider their ancstors.
They insist that all ancient remains in North America are their ancestors. And they fight to prevent scientific study of those remains no matter how old they are.

MontereyJack wrote:
Pretty much the same as Christians who are outraged if someon robs a grfave of their ancestor and sells the gobjects buried with their relatives however far back. Or stole, say, the gold candlesticks or religious icons, And I say that as someone with anthropological and archaeological training. If you're going to study it, you have to be respectful ofthose who have strong ties to it. And looting of archaeological site is indefensible under any circumstances. Looters have pillaged pricelss scientific sites since they built the Great Pyramids. The Native Americans definitely have a point,
They don't have a point. Archaeological study of ancient remains is not looting.

And they have no right to claim ancient heritage after they've destroyed the very data that could have told us about that ancient world.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:40 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Unlikely he'll collect anything. It was news.
Leftist slander of innocents is not news. It is leftist slander of innocents.

MontereyJack wrote:
It was ambiguous.
It was not ambiguous. Leftists are a menace to America's children.

MontereyJack wrote:
And nothing particularly slanderous happened,
Horrible leftist lies about innocent people happened.
oralloy

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:53 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Hard to pull off a self-defense in fear of your life argument when you shoot someone in the back for running away from a traffic citation.
True. But it's pretty easy when the person who was shot was in the process of trying to murder a police officer.

MontereyJack wrote:
Or put someone in an illegal choke hold which kills them for selling a couple of untaxed cigarettes.
No such choke hold occurred.

Needless to say, the cause of death was not an imaginary choke hold.

MontereyJack wrote:
The cases that sparked black outrage were ones where the African Americans shot were not threatening the cops. They were just uncalled for killings by cops of civilians.
Michael Brown was shot while trying to murder a police officer.

Travon Martin was shot while trying to murder the captain of the neighborhood watch.

MontereyJack wrote:
This whole thing is simply your sick fantasy.
No fantasy. That BLM goons primarily oppose justified defensive shootings is actual fact.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:58 am
@oralloy,
Okay, I can't find the other half of your post which likens your false charges to globabl warming false statis tics. You keep making the charge but never tell us what you claim is false and why. THERE ARE LITERLLY MILLIONS OF NEW DATA OINTS EVDRY YEAR FROM A ULTITUDE OF DIFFERENT SCIENCES WITH DIFFERENT METHODOLOGIES LOOKING T DIFFERENT DATA SETS, THT CORROBORATE THE FACT THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL AND IT'S HAPPENING NOW. if you

re gonna keep making the charge,back it up The data keep accumulating more every year, and they agree. are tge /CO2 measurements from Hawaii fake? The 7000 year spanning four ice ages and interregnums fake? the USDA climate zones data on which agribusiness relies for billions of dollars in crop planting, which show climate zones moving north from 50 years ago fake? The radiometric data which prove the increase in CO2 human caused fae (which the exCEO of BP dcite in a speech at one of my alma mater fake)? The fact that 90% of the world;s glacier are melting away? The satellite data tat show tropospheric temps rising and the radiosonde data from weather balloons that agrees with that fake? I'm going to sleep, but I've only cited a small fraction of the available sources of information that have gone into the conclusion that AGW is happening and will have heavy duty consequences. Go ahead, refuye iy ALL. Lindzen won't do it--his hypothesized iris effect which was supposed to quell talk of GW dudn't when it was tested. It didn't have a large ef fect on stopping GW but in fact a small positive effect on furthering it. OOps. Try again. The evidence keeps accumulating.
oralloy

Wed 6 Feb, 2019 01:09 am
@MontereyJack,
The fact that global warming claims are based on biased data renders those claims suspect.

I back up my accusation in these posts:
http://able2know.org/topic/44061-850#post-4895195
http://able2know.org/topic/267070-727#post-6785583
0 Replies