monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:07 pm
Hmmm. A well-respected Harvard professor claims that "a curtain of McCarthyism" and the "fog of fascism" is descending on the country. " Maybe Blathy, et al, have a valid point after all.

0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
Even funnier is the notion that Trump will be sitting up in bed at 2am with his finger on an actual button and that on a whim he can push it and launch a nuclear first strike all by his lonesome.
cicerone imposter

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:22 pm
@giujohn,
No, he can't - unless he's willing to kill millions of people with his order. But wait; this 70 year old child might just do that. He's not mature enough to understand the destructive power of nuclear weapons.
He already said, if we have them, why can't we use them?
A mad man ready for MAD.

Don't forget; this is the same guy who is willing to destroy the family of any terrorist; to kill them. That is against international law.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:25 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
You may know that Americans tend to have a sense of pride. Especially those of us that actually love our country.

I used to have a sense of pride in America until a very stupid American public elected a crooked, narcissistic, bait and switch, liar as president. Now I am having second thoughts about how intelligent America is if it falls for the rhetoric of a conservative party that has screwed the 99% for the benefit of the 1% for 16 years. And that SOB tRump is a communist loving Putin admiring stupid jerk.

You forgot poo poo head...

(What a childish not child like denoting innocence, but childish display of sour grapes.
0 Replies

Krumple

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:26 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Even funnier is the notion that Trump will be sitting up in bed at 2am with his finger on an actual button and that on a whim he can push it and launch a nuclear first strike all by his lonesome.

I don't want people to suffer but I think we need a reset. I welcome nuclear devastation but like I said, I don't want people to suffer it. So I'm fine if he has his finger on the button at 2am.
giujohn

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:26 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
where the **** is that dude getting his information from and how is it that he's so certain he's right when exactly the opposite is the case?

Fox news and Rush Limbaugh. Its required listening if you are a conservative.

It's required listening if you don't want to be a low information voting dumb ass.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:29 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
And besides I like jack boots they're so industrial.

Oh, no! That means you're a . . . a . . . a . . . a fascist! Not only that, you're a fascist who likes to chase tail!
giujohn

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:31 pm
@Krumple,
You kill me krump...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:31 pm
@blatham,
Well, there is no shortage of stupid people in the world. Believing stuff on Reddit is a really bad idea. Taking action on is full blown retarded. I would be more than willing that well over half of the supposed "alt-right" posters are some sort of liberal folk getting there rocks off on goading the dumb-asses reading their posts.

giujohn

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:33 pm
@wmwcjr,
Yes..and the tail I'm chasing are lesbian Nazi nuns!
reasoning logic

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:36 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Well, there is no shortage of stupid people in the world.

Most people could not care less about understanding view points that are different than their own. Do you consider yourself to be like most people?

0 Replies

blatham

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 10:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I would be more than willing that well over half of the supposed "alt-right" posters are some sort of liberal folk getting there rocks off on goading the dumb-asses reading their posts.

That's really not the most likely explanation.
cicerone imposter

Sun 4 Dec, 2016 10:36 pm
@blatham,
Night of the Living Dead
Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 12:43 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

. . . .

The election of Trump is an extraordinary political event. That's evidenced by, if nothing else and there's much else, how nobody saw it coming including his competitors in the primaries. As reported by Costa and others, even Trump himself was apparently surprised. . . .

But it also allows for us to study events in a situation of unusual national stress. That should permit us to get a better grasp on how power actually works in America. . . .

The Democratic Party elites are moving forward as if they didn't get the message that the American people are against the corrupt establishment.

Pelosi gave an interview on Face the Nation and declared that she doesn't think the people want a new direction.

As far as Trump winning the election, she essentially stated it was the Republicans' turn to win: We had a Democrat (Clinton), then we had a Republican (Bush), then we had a Democrat (Obama), and now we have a Republican (Trump). I guess that's Pelosi's grasp on how power works in America. The two political parties take turns at the helm.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/12/04/pelosi_on_future_of_democratic_party_i_dont_think_people_want_a_new_direction.html

wmwcjr

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:13 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Yes..and the tail I'm chasing are lesbian Nazi nuns!

Sounds kinky.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 05:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Night of the Living Dead

There's a skit in there. Undead lining up to vote.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 06:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Night of the Living Dead

The DNC Christmas Party
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:09 am
Why Trump’s Carrier Deal Isn’t The Way To Save U.S. Jobs

The whole piece is much too long to post and hard to find a summary part so to speak. It's filed under Real Terms at 538.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:14 am
@Debra Law,
Yeah, she does sound a little inane with her explanation. On the other hand I personally think "anti-establishment" is more a political fad than something concrete.

In my own opinion for whatever it is worth, Clinton did not focus enough on the economic problems people in the swing states and southern states have which differ than California and the North east and it cost her the white house. (didn't really get that on my own, but after reading several articles post election...and agreeing with them.
Frugal1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:17 am
Nancy Pelosi and Keith Ellison.....it's like the Dems don't understand why they lost. It's glorious. Keep moving farther left.