monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 03:54 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Except that's not what she said.

She did not bother with details, why are you?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah. Logical consistency (not to mention honesty) clearly unimportant.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:02 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I don't know how you got the idea I vote for communists.

I didn't, I was replying to this.

RABEL222 wrote:

But I will still vote democrat rather comminust in 2020.

This gives the impression that the Democrat Party is one step away from Communism.

Now while I agree with everything else you've said about the difference between the two main parties, your Democrat Party is much closer to our Conservative Party than Labour, and they're a long way from being Communist despite why the far right idiots claim.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:05 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
she is in the media a lot and she is popular with people for all the reasons stated up above which makes her an easy target for the republicans.
Yes, that is the truth. Though I'd probably change "easy" for "necessary".
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:06 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Yeah. Logical consistency (not to mention honesty) clearly unimportant.

That's rich coming from you. Drunk
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:15 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
It's fine; we do it to republicans too. When they come out with what we consider crazy ideas we criticize them as well.
No, it is not necessarily fine at all. Criticism of a political opponent is fine given only where no deceit is intended. And I would argue that is NOT the case with any of those examples.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:21 pm
Quote:
ADL Report: Right-Wingers Committed Every 2018 Extremist Murder In US

The Anti-Defamation League’s annual report on extremist killings in the United States, released Wednesday, found that individuals linked to right-wing extremist movements committed every single extremist-related murder in the country in 2018.

Right-wing extremists killed 50 people last year, mostly with firearms, making them responsible for more deaths than in any year since 1995, according to the ADL’s data.
TPM
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:27 pm
I see Trump said of Pelosi, "She's afraid of the truth and the super-left Democrats".

That odd "super-left" isn't going to stick. "super" is too positive in connotation.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:33 pm
I spoke earlier of the propaganda technique of focusing anger/hatred through personalization. We ought to be clear that's what is going on here.
Quote:
“We’re supposed to be doing it and now Nancy Pelosi, or Nancy, as I call her, "

There's also a hint of sexism and infantalization in the mix as well. Imagine the reaction in RW media if she referred to him as "Donald, as I call him"

Edit: If you'll recall, during the Iraq war, the Pentagon and Bush admin used this technique by naming scary individuals. Then, when such an individual was apprehended or killed, a new name would be advanced as representative of evil.
farmerman

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:39 pm
@blatham,
as we head into Trump's recession, the voters will all turn on him with a capaign slogan
"We sure dont want another TRUMP" We DWAP 9Im designing the hats
blatham

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:42 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
We DWAP 9Im designing the hats
I just ran that through google translator and it didn't help.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
as we head into Trump's recession,

When does that start?
farmerman

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 04:50 pm
@coldjoint,
question is, would you vote for him when a recession appears?

Its a yes or no question
coldjoint

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:02 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
question is, would you vote for him when a recession appears?

I would while the Democrats control the House when, and if, it happens.
0 Replies

maporsche

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:12 pm
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/state-of-the-union-address-2019-nancy-pelosi-says-no-to-trump-after-trump-sends-letter-to-pelosi-today/

Pelosi tells Trump she won't let him deliver State of the Union from House chamber
oralloy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:30 pm
@maporsche,
The Democrats aren't going to like it very much when the Republicans do that back to them.
maporsche

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:43 pm
@oralloy,
During a shutdown I’d support that Republican decision 100%.

I hope we can get a bipartisan bill so that this NEVER happens again
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:43 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I wish you were right about the dems being willing to reduce our massive military budget and applying it to things like Medicare and infrastructure.
Because what would be cooler than leaving America defenseless while the bad guys destroy it....
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:44 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Since that time, I think a lot more people are turning more to the left than the time Obama was in office in 2008-2016. The more progressive wing of the party has a significant influence on democrats, I think you would see a lot more progressive ideas such as reducing military spending and taxing the richest among us by democrats than in the past.
Parties always turn to goofy extremism when they are out of power, and the Democrats are going to be out of power for a very long time.

But the Democrats will have to purge their party of these "disarm America" nutcases someday if they ever want the voters to return them to the White House again.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 05:48 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
With the emerging recognition for the Tribal American Native, Nathan Philips,
Recognition that he's a Stolen Valor liar who never served in the Vietnam War?

Recognition that he's a horrible person who deliberately lies to whip up lynch mobs against innocent people?

Granted, I think he's an ideal person for the left to tie themselves to if the KKK girl isn't available as a spokesperson. Twisted Evil

revelette1 wrote:
there is at least a bright cloud out of the ugly scene which took place on MLK weekend. It is strange it all took place in KY.
Condemning innocent children for something they didn't do is a "bright cloud"?

Do you worry about Karma? Have you no shame?
0 Replies