monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:18 pm
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/423558-exculpatory-russia-evidence-about-mike-flynn-that-us-intel-kept-secret?fbclid=IwAR0XjO3c12X1Gn4DoTm12MqHI6HbOmMdjd72GPmD8fvCD-h6RInj4bt1C_A
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:22 pm
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3952864/pg1
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:30 pm
I don't expect this to come to anything but it's nice to see them trying

Quote:
Inbox: Rep. Steve Cohen introduced two Constitutional Amendments today. One to eliminate the Electoral College and provide for the direct election of the POTUS and VPOTUS. One to prohibit presidents from pardoning themselves, family members, members of their admin and campaign.

5:45 PM - 3 Jan 2019
coldjoint

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I don't expect this to come to anything but it's nice to see them trying

Why don't you try to get fee speech rights back in Canada? Why do you worry when your freedom diminishes daily?
farmerman

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:55 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Other than that, there is no such thing in real life as a fossil fuel. Petroleum and propane are formed in the deep parts of the Earth and are basically part of the planet's body chemistry, we'll never run out of them
WRONG dont tell all the containd foram fossils. You do realize its how we found frackable sandy shales eh?

Quote:
you can't make bombs or weapons out of it,"THORIUM"
DEAD WRONG. I have no idea here that came from, apparently noone who had experience with nuke chemistry

"Wet gas is the mix of ethane propane and methane with water. Its a feedstock and the fossils that are in the mix are "baked at a specific temperature imparting a specific color that defines the fuel potential

While its true the Tropsch process produces methane, so does the rotting of forams and other microorganisms. The Tropsch process produces very small amounts of methane in spcific environments.
Its one of "Hayseeds" Bullshit theories about non biogenic gas.

Quote:
you can't make bombs or weapons out of it,"THORIUM"
DEAD WRONG. I have no idea here that came from, apparently noone who had experience with nuke chemistry. Look at the ecay chain and tell us that you cant make a bomb from Th

0 Replies

livinglava

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:56 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Even one thousand years is a gigantic space of time in human affairs. A thousand years from now, guaranteed, we'll have energy resources beyond anything anybody is envisioning now. We simply do not need to worry about time periods more than 1000 years from now.

I'm not a procrastinator. I would rather do the best we can to reform our way of life to the highest level of sustainability we can achieve with current knowledge. It is a cop out to settle for anything less than the best because we are too lazy and/or accommodating to strive for the best possible sustainability according to what we currently know and are capable of.

The fact is that too many business people promote technologies they know should be replaced with more sustainable ones because there is big money in keeping those technologies online. People are afraid of change, but that should not impede us from pursuing the best we can with what we are able to foresee based on our best knowledge.
farmerman

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:57 pm
@livinglava,
gunga"s reaching from a Creationist douche bag roustabout who was selling oil plays down in Texas and Oklahoma. He was, of course, dead wrong .

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 10:06 pm
@livinglava,
"Hayseed tevens" was preaching Creationist SCience and oil drilling back in the 90's He was a huckter and a fraud. You guys are more tied with his beliefs. Don Wise did an article in the Skeptical Inquirer about 20 years ago about this guy preaching abiotic oil and seeking investment from good gawd fearin Christins. He scammed em all Either he died or got caught.
gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 10:15 pm
https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9780387952536
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 10:17 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Why don't you try to get fee speech rights back in Canada? Why do you worry when your freedom diminishes daily?
Everything we hve down here i FEE SPEECH. I live up in maritime Canada periodically and find their news more complete and extensive than our. Their internet is freer and faster, and I see NO HOLDs barred with controversy. They do have a lot better handle on inciteful speech . All the **** we couldnt have was available up there, like specific meds, booze, and bigger ammo was cheaper (.45-70 ) or .50 cl (if I owned a Barrett)

They dont have to write in pink letters to convince themselves they hve anything important to say.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 10:18 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Hot-Biosphere-Fossil-Fuels/dp/0387985468

First I heard this story was from C. Warren Hunt, the noted petroleum geologist.
Real Music

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 10:55 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Do you want them to?

It's not about what I want.
It's all about what Donald Trump promised.

Has Mexico paid for Donald Trump's border wall yet?
farmerman

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 01:26 am
@gungasnake,
theres nothing to disagree with in Gold's hypothesis. We know of carbon in the deep mantle comes into contact with ultramafic magamas and can via Tropsch, produce small amounts of methane and some ethane. However, this is nowhere near whats availble via biogenic [process.
BTW, mot of Gold's hypothesis IS biogenic based on xtremophilic archaea Its just another of the stuff you want to be true.

Hunt's story has always been about Vietnmese abiogenic hydrocarbons yet so far, oil recovery in the Bach fields have shown indications of archaea in uplift where the mafic rocks came into contact with sedimentary rocks that were metamorphosed during the Indian subcontinents subduction. Im not too familiar with the Bach field in total but Ive seen no explanation that it is abiogenic.

SCience will take the data and evidence and pore over it and try to get to the bottom. Hunt, I believe just jumped to conclusions . However the claim of 300K barrels of oil at peak productio from the field i impressive. There is a production curve that shows the Bch fied has passed its peak rather abruptly.

PS Charles Hunt is best known for his gold field work in Western Pegmatites not the Bach field
farmerman

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 01:53 am
@farmerman,
I just looked in my source rock data and the source marine rocks that serve as the petroleum source , are Oligocene lacustrine deposits of SHALES and SANDSTONES. (We must be really careful about conclusion jumping and Im really surprised at CW Hunt jumping to same)

There are three components to an oil deposit
1Source rock,-here the petroleum is actually formed via biogenic processes on biological detritus. In this case, the Oligocene

2Migration rock. -fractures allow for grvity collection and migration of the product to

3Storge unit-In the Bch Ho field, SOME of the storage is an igneou rock in which a full graben structure iwithin a granitic rock unit has acted as a thermos bottle for storage of the gravity separated ptroleum .

Its an abiogenic storage area, The oil itself is biogenic because the forams , flora and pollen, and other critters like diatoms clearly show the sources material were the lake deposits that covered half the area of SOuth Vietnam.

Thats a 25 cent explanation , Im sure omone can look up some scholarly work by SEPM or USGS about the Bach Ho field and its claim at abiogenic oil being a misnomer.
PS , gunga, being a "noted" geologist doesnt mean you are always right.
farmerman

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 02:02 am
@farmerman,
Heres an AAPG cross section of the structure. The graben structure on the left side of the cross section was originally up-dip and the oil has migrated into the granitic storage area (pink rock) from which wells have xploited the play

http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/documents/2004/hung/images/04.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 03:37 am
Quote:
The US state department has urged Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to China after a spate of high-profile detentions.

Its updated advice says dual US-Chinese nationals are at particular risk from so-called exit bans that prevent them from leaving.

Canada also revealed that 13 Canadians had been detained since 1 December.

On that day, a top Chinese executive was arrested in Canada at the request of US prosecutors.

Huawei chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou was detained in Vancouver and faces extradition to the US to face fraud charges, which she denies, that are linked to allegations of avoiding US sanctions on Iran.

The new advisory warns that dual US-Chinese nationals are at particular risk from so-called exit bans, which it says can be used to prohibit US citizens from leaving China - in some cases keeping them in the country for years.

The exit bans are also being used to try to lure other individuals back to China, it warns.

It advises citizens travelling to China to use their US passport with a valid China visa. They should ask officials to notify the US embassy immediately if they are detained or arrested.

The state department says that as dual-citizenship is not recognised under Chinese law, "US-Chinese citizens and US citizens of Chinese heritage may be subject to additional scrutiny and harassment".

The advisory says exit bans are being used to "compel US citizens to participate in Chinese government investigations" and "to aid Chinese authorities in resolving civil disputes in favour of Chinese parties".

Three US citizens were accused of committing "economic crimes" and barred from leaving China in November.

Victor and Cynthia Liu, who are the children of a fugitive businessman, and their mother, Sandra Han, have reportedly been detained since June.

The businessman, Liu Changming, is wanted in a $1.4bn (£1bn) fraud case in China and the family has said their detention is an attempt to lure him back to face charges.

Beijing has defended its decision to bar the three US citizens from leaving the country.

A foreign ministry spokesman told reporters that they "all have... valid identity documents as Chinese citizens" and are "suspected of having committed economic crimes".

On Thursday, Global Affairs Canada revealed that 13 Canadians had been detained in China since 1 December, although eight have since been released.

Among the Canadians who remain detained are former diplomat Michael Kovrig and businessman Michael Spavor.

Canadian teacher Sarah McIver who was reportedly released last week after she was held for "unlawfully working in China". China and Canada both said the case was different to that of Mr Kovrig and Mr Spavor who stand accused of harming national security.

China insists the detention of both men is not linked to Ms Meng's arrest, but many analysts believe it was a tit-for-tat action.

On Thursday, China's prosecutor general said the pair had "violated our country's laws and regulations" and were being investigated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46753716
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 04:50 am
What Mr. Hunt told me was that in North America for the most part, the channels to the deep areas where petroleum is formed are broken up, but in Saudi they were not. That, he claimed, is why the Saudi oil fields appear to refill and why estimates of reserves there keep rising despite all the usage of those fields. Evidence indicates that at least a few American fields which were thought to be dead are starting to refill now..

Again, the smart plan would be propane for land vehicles, petroleum for aviation fuel and to make products, thorium for electricity, and coal for whatever might be leftover in that picture.

That assumes of course that the Malthusian greentards can be rounded up and put somewhere where they can't hurt anything/anybody and their idiotic windmills melted down for scrap.
hightor

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 04:57 am
Quote:
Usually there's not much to say about Rand Paul. He's a giant pain in the ass who likes to grandstand and pretend he's going to hold legislation hostage, who then always gives up once he's failed to make his point. One time his neighbor knocked him off his riding lawn mower and broke his frail body because of some sort of landscaping disagreement. What. EVER.

Is Rand Paul A Russian Agent, Or Is That Just His Face?
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 09:46 am
@gungasnake,
I think Mr Hunt was having you on a bit.
0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 4 Jan, 2019 09:50 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

"Hayseed tevens" was preaching Creationist SCience and oil drilling back in the 90's He was a huckter and a fraud. You guys are more tied with his beliefs. Don Wise did an article in the Skeptical Inquirer about 20 years ago about this guy preaching abiotic oil and seeking investment from good gawd fearin Christins. He scammed em all Either he died or got caught.

You think just because someone is Christian means they are immune from falling to greed. Christians are human and not all saints. You shouldn't bring in the issue of religion to issues like environmental exploitation any more than with any other sin. The bottom line is that people are all sinners and embracing or rejecting Christianity might make a difference for certain people in certain ways, but no one is going to sanctified either way, not right away anyway.