monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

livinglava

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 12:08 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
People want less government, not more.

I wonder if they want less Amazon rain forest?

Some people cut down the trees to sell the tropical hardwood. Some want to mine for gold. Some want to use the land for grazing. Some probably see opportunity in threatening the rainforest as a way of garnering global support for more government protection and thus more government generally.

So the question becomes how to protect the rainforest without giving in to those who use it as a hostage for political/economic gain.

Or do certain political options have to be removed from democracy to protect natural resources?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 12:40 pm
Rand Paul looks at results, not another example of anti-Trump propaganda.

Quote:
Like other Big Government Republicans who never liked Reagan, Mitt Romney wants to signal how virtuous he is in comparison to the President. Well, I’m most concerned and pleased with the actual conservative reform agenda @realDonaldTrump has achieved.
https://t.co/vNvp2ZwyK7

— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) January 2, 2019

https://therightscoop.com/wow-rand-paul-slaps-mitt-romney-for-virtue-signaling-over-trump/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 01:02 pm
Quote:
Trump’s Sanctions Are Destroying Iran’s Economy-Liberal Critics Were Wrong

Quote:
Pulling out of the flawed JCPOA Iran deal was an excellent foreign policy move by the President. The deal tied the hands of the United States more than it tied the hands of Iran. When provisions of the agreement expire in 2025 Iran will be able to produce nuclear weapons in 3-5 months. By reimposing the sanctions, President Trump has squeezed the regime’s wealth making it harder to spend money on destabilizing Islamist terror groups and in the long term gives Iran a choice, give up on building atomic weapons or give up on having a viable economy.

They must have run out of the money Obama gave them.
https://lidblog.com/trumps-iran-sanctions/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 01:21 pm
Meanwhile in Canada:
Quote:
Canada: Islamic Party of Ontario coming soon, now officially reserved under elections rules

Quote:
In case you have not heard of the Islamic Party of Ontario, its name was officially reserved under Elections Ontario rules in October 2018, with more steps required before it becomes a formal party.

It operates with a mandate to introduce Islamic rule in Ontario and Canada because, according to the fledgling party, “We understand and believe that Islam is the native DEEN (religion) of Ontario and Canada.”

You see Muhammad said once a Muslim enters another country it become a Muslim country. It seems these people believe that. Maybe Trudeau does too.
https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2019/01/03/islamic-party-of-ontario/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 01:36 pm
In the comments on an open thread.

Quote:
Dekester says:
January 3, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Your President, ( the most courageous man I have witnessed.) and you fine folks that frequent this site are simply the best.

As a foreigner that enjoys this site, I would like to offer an outsiders view on the state of affairs in the U.S. and the West.

PDJT has exposed your leaders and most leaders of Western nations as nothing more than selfish and self centred sycophants. Utterly corrupted and in cahoots with all western media. Particularly the media in the U.S.

PDJT has ripped the mask off all of the above, and in particular your “ Republicans” what a fu**ing shower of bass turds they are.

My guess is PDJT will blow the whole thing up..he did it to all his “ challengers” in the primaries. Then he destroyed the “Clinton brand”

He is now the most powerful man in the free world, not that your media acknowledge that. He WILL strike when the time is right, and win or lose. Your great nation will never again be the same. The bloom is off the 🌹. Your Dems and Reps care nothing for your country. We know they crave only power, and we know what absolute power results in.

I personally have changed radically since PDJT was elected to office. There is no going back now, I am all in. F**k the MSM and all politicians except a select few.

God bless PDJT and thanks to all that post here. ( even the trolls 😉)

Nice to know not everyone hates us or Trump as the Europeans here would have us believe. I think the MSM and the technocrats(censors) makes sure we do not hear much from them
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/01/03/january-3rd-2019-presidential-politics-trump-administration-day-714/comment-page-3/#comments
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 02:48 pm
@oralloy,
The GT-MHR design was completely risk free--except for the concern about those TRISO fuel spheres. They were alpha emitters and neded yet more of the sand pebble beds(I NEVER trust anything thats RUSSIAN---the most incompetent people on the planet).

Defunding and politics (with heavy leaning on Dems makes me think that your right side of your body is not taking in any sensation al stimulus).
Obam opened the search for a storage beyond Yucca Mt (which was nevercompleted in its life cycle permitting--See Livermore Tech reports about demerits in the Yucca Mt site).
Right now the WIPP is the only site licensed nd even this is not fully safe

NOTHING IS EARTHQUAKE PROOF. Noone has been able to fully model an earthquake complete w/PS and L waves with variable duration. Prismatic reactor setups are another example of Tech MARKETING (not engineering in my mind).

Just like Th reactors being the "bomb proof" fuel, you know damned well thats bullshit .

One thing you need to learn, using Yucca Mt as an example and "internet BS" about Th reactors and "at-a-point" mini reactors, PERCEPTION IS REALITY. Making fun of environmentalists will merely hold up more of the implementation. You may think that you are so damn smart , but with that type attitude, guarantee, you will probably never get anything positive done on implimentation. I remember a USGS geologist giving testimony on behalf of the SHoshone Nation (Who are off site neighbors to Yucca Mt). He threw a hatchet into the selection process that a prsident and Congress backed off and defunded major implementation costs .

Of course its political and all the techies in the world, certain about their expertise and how smart they are, dont get squat done beyond study phases and concept engineering because they dont know how to make the subject non-toxic.

Im not against nuke but I dont see nukes serving rural America as a "bridge fuel" to the future. We have many centuries of wet nd dry frack gas and oil and lots of it beneath large expanses of rural stratigraphy. Good planning needs to be implemented because , if you look at a map of the US, the coastal E and W (New Englnd to N Carolina and Wash to Mexican border) can be served by nukes (as well as large urban areas in the heartland where they can be properly secured nd monitored). The rest can be served with gas as the bridge fuel UNTIL we hve the technology to go renewable.

How many Nuke power plant incidents have happened worldwide? so "safe" nuclear power is really a goal, not a reality

oralloy

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 03:12 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
NOTHING IS EARTHQUAKE PROOF. Noone has been able to fully model an earthquake complete w/PS and L waves with variable duration. Prismatic reactor setups are another example of Tech MARKETING (not engineering in my mind).
With other reactor designs fuel assemblies could get moved closer together by the shaking during a bad earthquake, which would create an unintended increase in reactivity and possibly cause a meltdown.

Prismatic designs hold all the fuel in rigid blocks. An earthquake will not be able to push the fuel closer together in such a design.

The worst that a really bad earthquake could do to such a reactor is rip it open and expose the core to the air, creating a graphite fire. But even in such an extreme circumstance it would have to be left burning for 100 hours before the fire got to any nuclear material.

farmerman wrote:
Im not against nuke but I dont see nukes serving rural America as a "bridge fuel" to the future. We have many centuries of wet nd dry frack gas and oil and lots of it beneath large expanses of rural stratigraphy. Good planning needs to be implemented because , if you look at a map of the US, the coastal E and W (New Englnd to N Carolina and Wash to Mexican border) can be served by nukes (as well as large urban areas in the heartland where they can be properly secured nd monitored). The rest can be served with gas as the bridge fuel UNTIL we hve the technology to go renewable.
I'm fine with fracking too.

The only thing that I truly object to is forcing people to go without power because renewables can't meet demand.

Safe nuclear power for the cities and fracked petroleum products for the countryside sounds like a good bridge fuel plan to me.

farmerman wrote:
How many Nuke power plant incidents have happened worldwide? so "safe" nuclear power is really a goal, not a reality
A goal that would become reality if we transitioned over to helium-cooled graphite-moderated reactors with a prismatic core.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 03:30 pm
Quote:
Former Navy SEAL Slams Dems for Trying to ‘Score Points’ Against Trump at ‘Expense of Our Security’

This man knows about walls and security. Common sense is not in any part of the Democratic plan.
Quote:
Crenshaw (pictured above right), a Navy SEAL veteran who received a Purple Heart and lost one of his eyes in 2012 while serving in Afghanistan, accused Democrats during an interview on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” of placing Americans in danger in order to thwart Trump from fulfilling his iconic campaign promise.

“A wall is effective. It is a crucial part of any kind of border security,” Crenshaw said as he alluded to his own experiences with walls as a Navy SEAL.

“I’ve spent a whole career infiltrating places and, you know, when we come upon a wall, it matters. We have to plan around it. It’s a mitigating factor if you’re trying to enter or across from point A to point B,” Crenshaw said.

Nevertheless, many Democrats have panned Trump’s border wall as a an outdated, needless and even racist proposal. But Crenshaw argued that liberals are playing a foolish game of semantics.

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/01/former-navy-seal-slams-dems-for-trying-to-score-points-against-trump-at-expense-of-our-security/
0 Replies

Real Music

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:18 pm

Has Mexico paid for Donald Trump's border wall yet?

livinglava

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:50 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Has Mexico paid for Donald Trump's border wall yet?

Do you want them to?
Builder

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 06:01 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
How well is your THOW insulated?

Ceiling/roof is R8.5. Walls are R4.5 with cedar cladding. Floor could use some insulation in the Winter, but it only lasts a few weeks here; we're sub-tropical.

Quote:
My impression is that they all have walls made of 2x4s so they can't have more than 4" of insulation in the walls.

2 5/8" by 1 3/4". Insulation is polyurethane expanded foam panel. Western wall is protected by trees.

Quote:
It bothers me that local ordinances drag their feet about allowing smaller dwellings without them being on wheels

Under a consumer-driven capitalist paradigm, the bankers want us all tied to a 30 year mortgage for a standard breeder box in the burbs.

Quote:
If you could build something slightly bigger than a tiny house and insulate the walls and ceiling much better, they would be so energy efficient.

I have a design on the table for a retirement THOWs, built on a medium-sized machinery trailer, so that weight is not a concern, and the whole structure can be as well-insulated as possible. The fastest-growing demographic seeking a THOWs, is women over 55, so I'm making the design suitable for disabled users, as well.

Personally, our TH was built as a space ship, so that when I find our forever home, we can be comfortable from day one, and the plan is to build under an earthen dome, for safety and natural cooling.

Quote:
I think most people consider tiny houses are too small for their liking,

Most people who walk in to our TH think that it's actually quite spacious. Full galley kitchen, so both of us can be cooking at the same time, island queen bed, with matching slideouts for double wardrobes each, and a full bathroom. Little space for my partner's office. It's comfortable for two. No lofts.

Quote:
If everyone limited their heating and cooling in this way, we would be a lot closer to solving climate change.

When I look across the new development areas, all the trees have been removed, and replaced with tile or tin roofs, reflecting the searing Summer heat back into the atmosphere. Trees soak up the heat, and consume the CO2, creating O2 as a byproduct.

The sudden Summer storms are becoming wilder, and much more unpredictable, and the size of the hailstones is quite frightening, in the damage they can cause in just a few minutes.

Yet still, the denial industry is in full flight. It will take the collapse of the insurance industry to snap people out of their torpor.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 06:03 pm
@Real Music,
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49235736_603820566706712_6412644575340396544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=806505a89033e11c93eac989cf729e65&oe=5C97BFAB

8 - 17 are my favs
Builder

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 06:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
8 - 17 are my favs

Two years on, and none of the mud sticks?

We're still awaiting the pedogate inquiries, although plenty of child-sex trafficking rings have been exposed and prosecuted.

3rd in charge (and financial controller) of the Vatican convicted of child sex offences.

Heads are rolling, but just not the one you're interested in.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 07:15 pm
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/corsi-case-to-proceed-judge-orders-jerome-corsis-case-against-robert-mueller-to-be-reassigned-to-another-court/

Mueller staring down the barrel of a 350M lawsuit......
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 07:18 pm
Who should pay for the wall? In my view, the left coast. President Trump should have the Army Corps of Engineers start on the wall immediately and take the money for it out of some worthless DOD project involving jobs and money in Washington state, Oregon, and Californicatia. The F35 (flying pig) project would be one candidate and there are a number of others.
Builder

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 07:23 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
President Trump should have the Army Corps of Engineers start on the wall immediately and take the money for it out of some worthless DOD project.

I like it. Not so sure what the wall will achieve, but bringing the troops home to rebuild infrastructure is a great idea.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 07:24 pm
Energy you ask?

We shold be using propane for most land vehicles, petroleum for aviation fuel and products (plastics, penoplast, carbon fiber...), and thorium reactors for electricity. Thorium could easily supply all of our energy needs for several thousand years starting from now in total safety. Thorium is a couple of hundred times more efficient at producing energy than uranium and it is plentiful and found pretty much everywhere. And you can't make bombs or weapons out of it, that's why nobody was interested in it decades ago when everybody wanted to be making bombs.

Other than that, there is no such thing in real life as a fossil fuel. Petroleum and propane are formed in the deep parts of the Earth and are basically part of the planet's body chemistry, we'll never run out of them.
livinglava

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 07:45 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Petroleum and propane are formed in the deep parts of the Earth and are basically part of the planet's body chemistry, we'll never run out of them.

We need to ascertain what role these underground fuels play in the natural geology of the planet. Humans could reproduce on Earth for 100s or 1000s of millennia if we don't ruin the planet. We've reached a point where we're advanced enough with technology that we can reduce usage until we figure out how the planet sustains itself over millions and billions of years and make our technologies and lifestyles fit into that long-term model.
coldjoint

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 07:57 pm
@ehBeth,
I only see the word Russian once in your meme and Trump is not mentioned with it. Also 8-17 do not mention Russia. How many politicians could stand this kind of scrutiny? None. The hypocritical low lives will get it in the end.

Any comments on Canada's Sharia party, are you a member?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 08:11 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
gungasnake wrote:
Quote:
Petroleum and propane are formed in the deep parts of the Earth and are basically part of the planet's body chemistry, we'll never run out of them.

We need to ascertain what role these underground fuels play in the natural geology of the planet. Humans could reproduce on Earth for 100s or 1000s of millennia if we don't ruin the planet. We've reached a point where we're advanced enough with technology that we can reduce usage until we figure out how the planet sustains itself over millions and billions of years and make our technologies and lifestyles fit into that long-term model.

Even one thousand years is a gigantic space of time in human affairs. A thousand years from now, guaranteed, we'll have energy resources beyond anything anybody is envisioning now. We simply do not need to worry about time periods more than 1000 years from now.