monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 11:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
What I'm trying to tell you is you need to actually do research if you want to prove the nonsense you print.

I have, and I have proven everything I said about Islam. You go find one lie. And then post it and prove it is a lie. Should I wait?
Walter Hinteler

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 04:00 am
Did a Queens Podiatrist Help Donald Trump Avoid Vietnam?
Quote:
[...]
https://i.imgur.com/NT2Zm9Y.jpg
[...]

NYT: Donald Trump’s Selective Service Records
Quote:
For many years, Donald J. Trump asserted that it was “ultimately” a high draft lottery number that kept him out of the Vietnam War, rather than a medical condition. But his Selective Service records, obtained from the National Archives, suggest otherwise. He had been medically exempted for more than a year when the draft lottery commenced in December 1969, well before he received what he has described as his “phenomenal” draft number. The Times has created a composite image from scans of the document from the National Archives.

link to document

hightor

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 06:02 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I have, and I have proven everything I said about Islam.

No. You haven't proven anything. You've simply pasted quotes from the many anti-Muslim hate sites which are popular with right-wing extremists, conservative evangelicals, and white nationalist "flaggots". These passages are specifically selected for their shock value and often used out of context.

It's easy to find embarrassing passages in old religious texts. And it's easy for angry, resentful people who feel oppressed to use these passages to justify acts of violence and hatred. Ironically, this is just what coldjoint and others of his ilk do by incessantly stoking the crudest sorts of anti-Muslim paranoia. They wish to promote intolerance and ethnic tension. Kind of like the jihadists.

I'm not a fan of fundamentalist religions — any of them. Nor do I hold much truck with supernatural explanations for physical phenomena. But, as anyone can see, human beings like their ancient magical stories and forms of communal worship. Might as well face the fact that religions, if not here forever, are at least going to be here for a long time to come. Obviously many Muslims today have no difficulty separating the more obnoxious historical aspects of the faith from the actual practice of their religion — most modern Christians and Jews manage to do the same with respect to their religions.

Blanket condemnation of an entire religion as somehow "evil" and indicting its practitioners as potential terrorists is just another form of magical thinking, as if Islam is so seductive, so powerful, so diabolical that anyone who follows the faith is a potential killer, compelled by the mystical powers of Koranic verse to commit violence. There's a fallacy which underlies this bigoted, but common, attitude — radical Islam doesn't cause sectarian violence. Rather it's used to justify sectarian violence. The desperate, the resentful, the fearful, and the ignorant are the people most prone to committing acts of political violence — it's not surprising that radicalized Muslims would attempt to rationalize their psychopathology with the words from their holy book, just the way Christians, Hindus, and Jews have done. This practice is not exclusively Islamic and has been around ever since men of faith realized their political power and taught their followers not merely to distinguish between Us and Them but provided the rationale to kill Them as well.
snood

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 07:06 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

...If they ever have to admit their Trump Messiah is wrong about ANYTHING, that means they made a poor decision. Those guys can’t do that, they can’t even admit it to themselves. ...

(bold is mine)

Word. Amen.

0 Replies

snood

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 07:07 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The president said he had awarded a contract "at a great price" for a 115-mile section of wall in Texas.

Does anyone know what kind of wall/fence, where and what this "great price" is?

It's just another random lie pulled out of his ass. Nothing complicated.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 09:14 am
TRUMP AND THE EVIL TREASURY GRINCH

Trump's frustration with Mnuchin rising after failed attempt to calm markets, source says

This is classic Plump--and Mnuchin should make sure his résumé is up to date. The fat boy is so idiotic, that he blames the Fed for the problem, and he precipitated it by his criticism of the Fed in the first place.
revelette1

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 10:12 am
@Setanta,
Oh well, it seems the market is soothed a little.

Trump voices confidence in Mnuchin and Fed, easing market alarms

It seems to me we are all in trouble if the whole market is dependent on Trump's words which change from minute to minute. Needless to say perhaps that I don't under the market at all anyway.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:02 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
No. You haven't proven anything.

Oh yes I have. I have shown verses or other holy literature that prove the hate comes from Islam, not me.

Quote:
It's easy to find embarrassing passages in old religious texts

And it is easy to see how embarrassing it is that some Muslims act on them. Terror attacks are those actions.
Quote:
Blanket condemnation of an entire religion as somehow "evil" and indicting its practitioners as potential terrorists

Again, you and other apologists equate all Muslims with terror, I have never done that. I have, and will say, Islam is the inspiration for terror. It was designed that way.
hightor

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:17 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I have shown verses or other holy literature that prove the hate comes from Islam, not me.

But you haven't proven anything. Countless numbers of devout Muslims manage to lead peaceful lives. Were Islam a causative force as you suggest then it must not be particularly effective. The hate has political origins, not spiritual.
Quote:
Again, you and other apologists equate all Muslims with terror, I have never done that.

You're confused again. Someone who's an "apologist" for Islam isn't going to "equate all Muslims with terror". You're the one who's been posting the anti-Islamic stuff and trying to warn people that the religion is a danger.
coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Were Islam a causative force as you suggest then it must not be particularly effective.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg?36011
That is not effective?
Quote:
and trying to warn people that the religion is a danger.

That is because it is. That you deny that means you cannot comprehend what I have posted that proves Islam's intent and agenda. Not my fault.
edgarblythe

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:30 pm
According to Wikileaks, the plane Trump has been using is flying to Turkey right now. True or false, who can say at this point.
hightor

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
That is not effective?

Not as effective as it would be if all 1.8 billion Muslims chose jihad.
Quote:
That you deny that means you cannot comprehend what I have posted that proves Islam's intent and agenda

I comprehend what you've posted. It just happens to be wrong. You're claiming that the religion has a particular intent and agenda. Religion doesn't kill people; people do. Any idiot with hurder in his heart can claim to have been "religiously inspired" when, in actuality, he's just a psychopath mouthing the slogans he's been taught to use.
coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:44 pm
http://static.thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/44903-Wheel%20of%20Leftism_02.jpg
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/situational-ethics-wheel-of-fortune-t20167.html#220323
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:47 pm
@hightor,

Quote:
Not as effective as it would be if all 1.8 billion Muslims chose jihad.

Muslims do not choose anything. Jihad is obligatory. You need to do some research. Again you bring in all Muslims, not me.

Quote:
I comprehend what you've posted. It just happens to be wrong.

And your proof besides your uninformed opinion?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 01:14 pm
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 01:31 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The fat boy is so idiotic

There you go again. No idiot becomes president, they only show how idiotic the people are who tried to stop them and failed.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 02:41 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The fat boy is so idiotic, that he blames the Fed for the problem, and he precipitated it by his criticism of the Fed in the first place.

Another demonstration of your bias and shallow grasp of the situation in its entirety.

The "fed" has squandered trillions (literally) on artificially stimulating the economy, and by their own admission, don't even know what to try next. After admitting that QE1 and 2 failed, they continued, not knowing what the next round could achieve.

And yes, this is from 2010, and yes, the situation began before #45 even considered running for office.

A further admission in 2014, and again in 2017, but again, no positive plan for the economy.

Remembering that this comes from the federal reserve spokespeople themselves, so you're denying any of this happened, and blaming Trump because he's criticising them as well?

Another nail in your credibility coffin.
coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 02:52 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Another demonstration of your bias and shallow grasp of the situation in its entirety.

Careful, the sock puppets are here. My post is set to vanish shortly. My wheel of Leftism is now below viewer threshold.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

According to Wikileaks, the plane Trump has been using is flying to Turkey right now. True or false, who can say at this point.

Now they say he landed in Iraq.
revelette1

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Personally I quit giving Wikileaks credence since 2016. But, to each their own I guess.