monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 10:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
The Assads have massacred their people for decades and had huge smoints of illegal chemical weapons,

Then source some evidence.
oralloy

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 10:56 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
they're changing the subject to Assad or whatever squirrel they can point to.
The fact that we react to morally repugnant pro-genocide posts does not mean that we are trying to change the subject.

We find genocide appalling. And your question has already been answered.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 10:57 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Obama and his SoS Clinton lied about Assad.
No they didn't.

Builder wrote:
They lied about Gadaffi,
No they disn't.

Builder wrote:
and illegally invaded that nation on "humanitarian" grounds.
I recall no invasion. Which country's forces occupied Libya?

Builder wrote:
The most advanced nation in north Africa now has slave trading in the streets.
A marked improvement over that monster Kadaffy.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 11:00 pm
@coldjoint,
Try Wikipedia "use of chemical weapons in the Syrian civil war". By no means their first use.
coldjoint

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 11:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
By no means their first use.

That does nothing to prove the recent attacks.
MontereyJack

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 11:44 pm
@coldjoint,
You didn't specify. It's an established pattern on the Assad part. I'm frankly skeptical of anyone who tried to whitewash them.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 11:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
I always am interested in your posts, but why do you entertain the ravings of the boys who crave to be Trumpian. They are not equipped to think logically, their political leanings are like religious fervor. If they ever have to admit their Trump Messiah is wrong about ANYTHING, that means they made a poor decision. Those guys can’t do that, they can’t even admit it to themselves.

I admit every so often, I read some of the nonsense....and worse, sometimes I respond. Speaking as a woman who had to learn the hard way how to avoid the ‘fake Vietnam vets’ who weren’t even born while that massacre was going on, who blather on with details that are so incredibly illogical.....and the ones who want to tell you about their cheating husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend because you made the mistake to making eye contact.....life is too short to entertain the dopes and listen to the bullshit.

I admire your tenacity, and I do understand your frustration.....but cut those morons loose...I promise your life will be more peaceful and joyous. Hey, it’s Christmas, spend time in things that matter to you. All the best, GB
MontereyJack

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 11:54 pm
@glitterbag,
Merry christmas, glitter, and merry Christmas to you too, joint
glitterbag

Mon 24 Dec, 2018 11:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
Bach atcha
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 12:00 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
. They are not equipped to think logically,

Former government workers? I agree. Their brains turned to mush a while ago. Now would you like to produce real proof about Assad's recent attacks or not?
coldjoint

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 12:01 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
you too, joint

Merry Christmas.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 12:07 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
. They are not equipped to think logically,

Former government workers? I agree. Their brains turned to mush a while ago. Now would you like to produce real proof about Assad's recent attacks or not?

Why? Do you not read newspapers? Do you need a link to prove the actual time and date of the end of the Great War? Let me guess, you were home schooled or attended school in Texas or Missouri.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 10:35 am
@glitterbag,
The president said he had awarded a contract "at a great price" for a 115-mile section of wall in Texas.

Does anyone know what kind of wall/fence, where and what this "great price" is?
hightor

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 01:43 pm
Donald Trump Was a ‘Serial Failure’ and ‘Daddy’s Little Welfare Case,’ MSNBC Host Says

Quote:
A panel on MSNBC’s All In discussed some of the memorable news stories of 2018 on Monday, mocking President Donald Trump over an October article from The New York Times that revealed that much of the president’s fortune came from his father’s money and dodging taxes.

Although Trump has often described himself as a self-made millionaire, the Times reported how the president actually gained the equivalent of $413 million in present-day dollars starting from the age of 3. Trump and his siblings also enabled their parents to evade taxes and significantly increased their family’s wealth, according to the investigative article.

Joy Reid, who hosts the MSNBC program AM Joy, pointed out during the Monday panel discussion that the president was actually terrible at managing the inherited funds. “My favorite part about the $413 million story is somebody who inherited $413 million managed to be $900 million in the hole,” she said.

“That’s the thing,” Chris Hayes, the host of All In, said. “There’s the fraud, the debunking this myth, there is the fact that this was basically daddy’s little welfare case.”

“Also the fact he’s a serial failure and the deals keep having to be bailed out by dad,” he added.

Fordham University Professor Christina Greer chimed in, pointing out that people from Trump’s home city New York have long known the president to be a “grifter and lie and cheat.”

“What we also understand, what we now know, is he inherited a criminal enterprise,” Princeton Professor Eddie Glaude added.

Trump’s own version of his story is that he received a loan of just $1 million from his father to start his own real estate venture. The Times article alleged the amount was significantly higher and that the Trump siblings actually engaged in tax fraud to hide money they inherited.

Charles J. Harder, an attorney for the president, denied the report entirely at the time.

“The New York Times’s allegations of fraud and tax evasion are 100 percent false, and highly defamatory,” Harder said in a statement to the newspaper. “There was no fraud or tax evasion by anyone. The facts upon which the Times bases its false allegations are extremely inaccurate.”

In her Monday comments on the story, Greer argued that Americans are now seeing the Trump family’s “fraud” on a national and international level. Trump is “doing this to the global economy,” the professor said. “He’s bluffing, he’s blustering,” she added.

newsweek

It was nice of Mr. Harder to come out swinging for the Trump family but it's interesting that the only objection to the article raised by Mr. Trump himself was his disagreement with the time value of money.

0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 03:33 pm
I don't know why you folks play with CJ. He never supports his claims, except the occasional link to a blog post of some right-wing nutbag. I see no reasons to run around digging up sources for someone who won't meet the same standard. Anyone who does not know that both Assads, father and son, have been monsters battening on Syria for 40 years and more hasn't been paying attention.
coldjoint

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 08:37 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
He never supports his claims

Guess you have not seen the posts on Islam. And Assad kept terrorists out of his country( if paying attention). Christians were safe in that country. What makes you people think the next government will be any better? There are no sides in Islam and that is what should be dealt with. There are people in high places that know this enemy. Flynn was one of them.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 09:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The president said he had awarded a contract "at a great price" for a 115-mile section of wall in Texas.

Does anyone know what kind of wall/fence, where and what this "great price" is?

No, not even Trump knows. He can't keep track of his lies and he doesn't even bother to try. Plus, Trump can't award a contract to anyone for any price even if he thinks it's coming out of the Treasury. He doesn't have the authority, but for some reason the Trump supporters want to believe he has unlimited power and ability, which means they are stupid. There is no other word for it. They are stultifyingly and defiantly stupid....and proud of it.
coldjoint

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 09:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
They are stultifyingly and defiantly stupid....and proud of it.

No. I am not a bitter older woman who thinks talk like that is not condescending and hateful. I know it is both of those things.
Real Music

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 10:15 pm
Trump's frustration with Mnuchin rising after failed attempt to calm markets, source says.

Published December 25, 2018
Quote:
President Donald Trump's frustration with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is ratcheting up further after markets suffered their worst Christmas Eve drop ever despite Mnuchin's attempts to calm Wall Street, according to a source close to the White House.

The source told CNN that Mnuchin could be in "serious jeopardy" with Trump, who regularly rages at Cabinet members he feels have made mistakes, before he cools off.

Trump nevertheless vouched for Mnuchin publicly, shifting blame for the market volatility to the Federal Reserve instead.

"Yes, I do," Trump said Tuesday when asked whether he had confidence in Mnuchin. "Very talented, very smart person."

But the source painted a different picture of Mnuchin's standing behind the scenes.

"Mnuchin is under the gun," the source said.

The Treasury secretary left Washington for a Christmas holiday in Mexico's Cabo San Lucas as the federal government shut down over the weekend, while Trump canceled his own planned trip to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida and remained cooped up in the White House over the holiday, absorbing a flood of negative news about the markets.

Mnuchin aides have been scrambling to find economic data to help their boss calm Trump down, but Trump was said to be unhappy with what Mnuchin was telling him, this source said.

An administration source dismissed the latest round of rumors that the secretary's continued tenure was on the line.

"This is nonsense," they said.

Over the weekend, the secretary spoke by phone with the President several times, including after a brutal trading day on Christmas Eve resulting in a 653-point drop in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, according to the administration source. The two men spoke on a variety of issues, including the government shutdown and an update on the status of trade talks.

Mnuchin, a former investment banker and film financier, has long been one of Trump's closest advisers, dating back to his time working with Trump on the 2016 presidential campaign. Still, sources have previously told CNN that Trump was upset with Mnuchin over his advice to appoint Jerome Powell as Federal Reserve chairman. Trump has criticized Powell and the Fed for increasing interest rates, subjecting Powell to the kind of scathing public critique that is common for senior Trump appointees but which threatens the political independence of the worlds most powerful central bank.

Wall Street has been exceptionally volatile all December, with investors already jumpy about signs of a global slowdown repeatedly spooked by Trump's own comments. The slide started in earnest with the President's own tweets following his announcement of a trade deal with Beijing, in which he suggested he may yet impose radically higher tariffs if he's not happy with negotiations.

Mnuchin turned heads in Washington and Wall Street with his attempts to calm the markets over the weekend in an attempt to head off a plunge.

Mnuchin tweeted on Saturday that he had spoken with Trump and issued a quote that he attributed to the President denying Trump had suggested firing Powell. Two sources previously told CNN that Trump had begun polling advisers on whether he has the legal authority to fire Powell.

Mnuchin then spoke with the heads of major US banks on Sunday and issued a statement that evening saying the banks had "ample liquidity."

But his efforts to calm markets that have been volatile for weeks appeared to fail on Monday.

The Dow dropped by 2.9% and the S&P 500 fell 2.7%, the biggest drops ever for the two indexes on Christmas Eve. That same day, Trump fired off a series of tweets, including one attacking the Federal Reserve.

On Christmas Day, Trump said he remained confident in Mnuchin but was still unhappy with the Fed.

"They're raising interest rates too fast," Trump said of the central bank.

CNN's Kevin Liptak contributed to this report.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-frustration-with-mnuchin-rising-after-failed-attempt-to-calm-markets-source-says/ar-BBRr1N5?ocid=UE13DHP
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 25 Dec, 2018 11:33 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
They are stultifyingly and defiantly stupid....and proud of it.

No. I am not a bitter older woman who thinks talk like that is not condescending and hateful. I know it is both of those things.

It might sting, but it's still the truth. I wouldn't say that you are one of those willfully stupid people, why do you think you are? But I'm glad to hear that you don't think you are a bitter OLDER woman (psst remember what I said about defiantly stupid??)

Plus I really admire the notion that you seem to think you make sense or score points. It's probably good for your sense of well being. It's also fortunate that you are no longer that 14 year old sad little boy on the school bus. The other folks here no longer acquiesce to adolescent peer pressure and won't mock you relentlessly like the stupid children in your past. But here is the big secret you don't know, most of the adults here would never stoop to such juvenile taunts and actually print them as you do...... they don't have to. You may think you've made a devastating impact.... but that's because you are still that whipped little boy and have convinced yourself that you might have that same cruel power your classmates had. You don't, you sound foolish,,,and you desperately want to believe yourself to be a powerful person....well, you ain't.

What I'm trying to tell you is you need to actually do research if you want to prove the nonsense you print. You might get lucky like a knat and make some one swat at you, but that's it. In other words, its like the noticing the difference between sticking your arm in a bucket and then pulling it out, can you tell the difference???? Bucket of water, knat, sneeze.....who cares? Merry Christmas