monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

edgarblythe

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:09 pm
@revelette1,
He is in Iraq. I just visited a news site that reported it.
Builder

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:09 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Personally I quit giving Wikileaks credence since 2016.

Why? What happened in 2016?
edgarblythe

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
https://news.yahoo.com/us-president-donald-trump-visits-iraq-194945931.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
the photos from Iraq have been up on msm for about an hour now
coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:24 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Why? What happened in 2016?

They did not help Clinton.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Was he bored?
Setanta

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 04:06 pm
I find it hilarious that Builder, a proponent and disseminater of the "Pizza-gate" conspiracy idiocy, would tell anyone else that hey are losing credibility. Now that is projection.
coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 04:07 pm
Quote:
Chicago's 2019 anti-Trump Women's March cancelled over Farrakhan support

I told you so. It finally happened.
Quote:
The 2019 Women’s March in Chicago has been canceled and previously-scheduled alternative plans have been nixed. The development marks the latest in a series of disruptions in the two-year-old movement following controversies surrounding the support of the national group's leaders for Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan and related allegations of anti-Semitism.

The cancellation of a large scale march was announced several weeks ago by the Women’s March Chicago organization, citing limited "time, money and effort," but in their announcement, they promised “an exciting WMC anniversary action.

The event would have taken place on January 19th - the day marches are set to be held around the country for the third year in protest of U.S. President Donald Trump. Those who wished to participate were told to "stay tuned."

Still a chance of getting their hate out, or least it looks like it is what they are left with.
https://marathonpundit.blogspot.com/2018/12/chicagos-2019-anti-trump-womens-march.html
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 04:09 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
disseminater of the "Pizza-gate" conspiracy idiocy

Then you'll be happy to explain why those named in the "conspiracy" never bothered to sue for defamation or slander.

It's not like they're lacking in funds, or representation.
Setanta

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 04:17 pm
@Builder,
I don't have to explain anything. Those who promote a claim have the burden of proving it--no one is obliged to disprove it. So far, you have not proven sh*t.
Builder

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 04:25 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I don't have to explain anything.

You never do. Just abuse and belittle. Typical narcissistic traits.

Quote:
Those who promote a claim have the burden of proving it

You made a claim (that it's bullshit) so now the onus is on you to prove that claim.

Quote:
So far, you have not proven sh*t.

By not attempting to defend themselves against spurious accusations, in a court of law, those accused have done nothing to negate the accusations.

And, BTW, you haven't proven **** either.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 04:43 pm
I don't have anything to prove. In the first place, identifying on-line weenies accusing them of a conspiracy would cost enormous amounts of money, if it could be accomplished at all. Then, one would have be confident of getting their expenses back by suing said weenies. who very likely don't have the money for them to recoup the expenses. Really, do you live in the real world? I don't think so.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 05:16 pm
@Builder,
From Wikipedia
Quote:
In February 2017, Alefantis' lawyers sent Jones a letter demanding an apology and retraction. Under Texas law, Jones was given a month to comply or be subject to a libel suit. In March 2017, Alex Jones apologized to Alefantis for promulgating the conspiracy theory, saying "To my knowledge today, neither Mr. Alefantis, nor his restaurant Comet Ping Pong, were involved in any human trafficking as was part of the theories about Pizzagate that were being written about in many media outlets and which we commented upon."
ehBeth

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 05:39 pm
@revelette1,
when Republicans and Democrats are picking at him, he's got to think of something to get someone on board again
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 05:42 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
Jews in disguise? Wow, that's a new Jewish conspiracy theory on me.

So you have the internetz, but not quite sure how to use it?

They admitted to this a long time ago.

Quote:
King Faisal (1906-1975), who ruled the Kingdom between 1964-75, confirmed Jewish ancestry of Saudi Royals. In an interview to Washington post on September 17, 1969, King Faisal is reported to have said "We, the Saudi family are cousins of the Jews.

We entirely disagree with any Arab or Muslim Authority which shows any antagonism to the Jews; but we must live together with them in peace. Our country (Arabia) is the Fountain head from where the first Jew sprang, and his descendants spread out all over the world."

I'd also challenge anyone here to document an Islamic state attack on the Saudi nation, or the Jewish nation.

I stay away from conspiracy sites, thank you.

Judaism, in various forms, was practiced by many peoples in the Middle East and North Africa. It's a stretch, however, to say that the Saudis, both the House and the nation, are "Jews in disguise."

Legends and religious mythology are one thing, facts are quite another thing.
glitterbag

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 05:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
You just upset somebody’s apple cart. Brace yourself for a blast of nonsense. Try not to laugh when you read it (snicker) 🙊🎡
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 06:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
After Jones' retraction on Friday, Alefantis said in a statement that he was "pleased that Mr. Jones has apologized and admitted that he and his employees repeatedly spread falsehoods about me and my restaurant."

"I wish that he would have made this admission and apology months ago," Alefantis said. "And his apology, while welcome, does nothing to address the harm he and his company have done to me, my business, and my community."

Gottlieb, who said all legal options are "still on the table," concurred with his client.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/03/30/media/alex-jones-apology-pizzagate-james-alefantis/index.html

__

a separate lawsuit on the same issue

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2018/2/1/merediths-atlanta-station-settles-pizzagate-lawsuit

and

https://gizmodo.com/infowars-alex-jones-hit-with-1-million-lawsuit-for-fa-1824267140

Quote:
The lawsuit, first reported by The Daily Beast, cites numerous instances of InfoWars propagating fake news. In April 2017, for instance, InfoWars accused the yogurt manufacturer Chobani of “importing migrant rapists,” which led to a lawsuit that Jones settled out of court in Chobani’s favor. It also cites the false Pizzagate theory, which Jones told listeners of his radio show to “go investigate for yourself.” An armed man later showed up at the Washington, DC, pizzeria at the center of the conspiracy plot and fired off several shots inside the business.

In both of these instances (and several others) Jones was forced to issue an apology and denounce the conspiracy theories that both he and his website eagerly spread.

Mr. Jones' legal team certainly earns its keep.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 07:00 pm
Bob Moore

@BobMooreNews
Follow Follow @BobMooreNews
More
Just in from Ruben Garcia at @AHouseElPaso: ICE is releasing 518 more migrants in El Paso today, bringing the 4-day total to more than 1,300. CBP also expected to begin more quickly releasing children in the wake of 2nd death. This will strain El Paso resources. 1/
coldjoint

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 07:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
This will strain El Paso resources. 1/

Straining a system is how to destroy a system. I suppose this guy supports doing that. It looks like you do. And those children were already sick. Their deaths are not Border Security's fault.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 26 Dec, 2018 07:07 pm
Thanks for the links, folks, but on the pizzagate scenario, it was Podesta and wikileaks I'm referring to, rather than Elefantis and Alex Jones, who we've always known to be in the misinformation game.

Heads up on a 1,000 point hike in the stockmarkets.

I guess they orchestrated another coup.