monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

ehBeth

Wed 5 Dec, 2018 08:36 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/trump-organization-subpoenas-served/index.html

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Subpoenas have been served on the Trump Organization and a dozen linked entities in a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump's ongoing business ties while in office.

The office of District of Columbia Attorney General Karl Racine said Wednesday that it "can confirm that all of the Trump Organization entities have been served." Additionally, subpoenas are being served to the state of Maine, the attorney general's office said.

The lawsuit by DC and Maryland claims Trump is in violation of the Constitution's ban on emoluments, or payments, from foreign or domestic government entities to the President because of his continued interest in the Trump International Hotel.

DC and Maryland have said the Trump International Hotel's operations put other nearby hotels and entertainment properties at a competitive disadvantage, and that the Trump hotel got special tax concessions. The hotel won its lease on federally owned property before Trump's election.
A federal judge set in motion the schedule for DC and Maryland attorneys general to begin collecting evidence in the case. The plaintiffs say they also plan to subpoena 18 entities that compete with the Trump Hotel.

The Justice Department has signaled it may challenge the evidence-gathering process.

The case is proceeding just as the Trump Organization prepares for a flurry of investigations from House Democrats once they take control of Congress in January.

The Trump Organization has not responded to requests for comment on the case.
coldjoint

Wed 5 Dec, 2018 08:51 pm
@ehBeth,

What is news about harassing Trump anyway possible counting for news? How about that compact for migration Canada is going to sign in the UN suit you?
MontereyJack

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 12:01 am
@coldjoint,
So Trump and the Trump Organization engage in what to all appearances is a blatant violation of the Constitution and Trump sycophant (one of his favorite words ) coldjoint thins it's "harassing" Trump to investigate it. He as awarned but he dud ut anyway.. Lock him up.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 12:22 am
@coldjoint,
Bllue got it right, joint is wrong. Joint seems to think it's only the occasional individual Muslim who is not a jihadi, but he is wrong.. It is the vast majority of Muslims worldwide. That's why we have Muslikm allies and we haven't been at war continually with Islam for the last 1400 years. Just lke Christians, they can practice the loving parts of the Koran as the core of their belief, or they can emphasize the sword parts. Most Moslems worldwide choose the love. The Islamophobes also get ji had wrong. I've talked to Moslems whosefirst languages are BOTH Arabic and English, and thye say that jihad means something like "struggle" in Arabic (look at the Wikipedia aricle). It has a variety of meanings, and "translating it, as the Islamophobes do as "holy war" just doesn't cut it. It also means things like a struggle to justify faith, a spiritaual journey, and other non militaristic struggles. It can also be a military conflict, but that is only One of a variety of meanings. Joint is flatly wrong.
izzythepush

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 01:44 am
@MontereyJack,
There's a mosque between where I live and my favourite watering hole. Many a time I've wandered past on a Friday a bit worse for wear. Although drinking alcohol is forbidden I've never had any pro0blems at all. My barbers are Iraqi Kurds, wonderful lads who are very popular, it's always packed out in there.

I'd much rather live near Muslims than sad paranoid loners with guns. Then again we don't let sad paranoid loners get their hands on guns in the first place.
farmerman

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 06:45 am
@izzythepush,
Pinky has his head up where sunlight is rare, hes on a mission to demonize anybody that aint Fundamental Christian.
revelette1

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 08:09 am
Senate heading for historic vote to pull US military aid to Saudi Arabia
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 09:10 am
Saudi-funded lobbyist paid for 500 rooms at Trump’s hotel after 2016 election
Can you say "emoluments clause"?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:04 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Pinky has his head up where sunlight is rare,

Your input is not unexpected but of no more value than the others. And Christianity has 0 to do with it, it is no more than saying you cannot prove what they are saying either. Anything else? I know this forum depends on you to help keep the lies alive.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:11 am
@oralloy,
Given the way that conservatives think that it's fun to violate thousands of peoples civil rights by killing them with guns that they got by claiming a flawed interpretation of the second amendment, it's hard to believe conservatives have any sense of morality or justice.
coldjoint

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:14 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I've talked to Moslems

Then you would know "Moslems" is considered derogatory. You know nothing and make fool of yourself every time you post about Islam.

Jihad in the Koran is 93% violent. That is a provable fact. You just have to look at the verses to prove that. Have you looked? Can you produce a peaceful mention of jihad. How about some loving verses that apply to non-Muslims?

Your reply is an apology and a piss poor one.

oralloy

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:15 am
@MontereyJack,
Most conservatives do not wish to kill anyone, and certainly would not think that doing so is fun.

The fact that liberals think that upholding civil rights is a flaw just proves that my characterization of liberalism is correct. Liberals are bad people who think that it's fun to violate people's civil rights.
coldjoint

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:18 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'd much rather live near Muslims than sad paranoid loners with guns. Then again we don't let sad paranoid loners get their hands on guns in the first place.

Thank God the Islamic terrorists have no problems getting guns, right?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:26 am
@coldjoint,
Yeah, doofus, I know. I learned to spell decades before Moslem was other than the way it was spelled, and it slipped out, like our Canadian neighbors automatically spell neighbor as neighbour. I realize that people practice their religion as they interpret it, not a some dogmatic non-Muslim says they have to behave. Your sites and cites are Islamophobic and hate sites and cites and largely false. As are you.
MontereyJack

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:29 am
@oralloy,
that is simply idiotic and false.
coldjoint

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:31 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
, and it slipped out,

I think the same thing happened to your brain. When you locate it let me know.
Quote:
Your sites and cites are Islamophobic and hate sites and cites and largely false

All you have to do is prove that. You have not been able to back up one thing you say. Why should today be any different?
coldjoint

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:39 am
https://c2.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/French-Fire-600-LI.jpg
https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/12/branco-cartoon-french-fries/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:40 am
@coldjoint,
I've backed it up and proved it. You're the one who kept calling it "viscous" when you meant "vicious". Give me no **** about spelling. And just try reading something other than the one-sided vicious (not viscous) sites you frequent.
coldjoint

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:44 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I've backed it up and proved it.

No you haven't. And if you have please post how and when you did. Pretty simple thing to do if what you say is true. You are managing to prove you are a liar.
0 Replies