monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 09:51 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday denied working on a Trump Organization real estate project in Moscow, which his former lawyer Michael Cohen said he had pursued until June 2016.

Cohen pleaded guilty on Thursday to making false statements to Congress regarding the project, putting fresh pressure on the president.
Reuters
revelette1

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 09:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Nixon denied he was crook but he still resigned. I truly think the end is coming for Trump. I haven't said that yet, nor have I felt it, but, something is building. I also see some lessoning of the republicans willingness to keep swallowing this junk of the President's. Not with McConnell of course, why don't they get rid of him as a republican leader? He is on the losing side and dragging republicans down with him.

Stagetically, I should hope nothing happens to Trump, it is clearly better for the democrats if don't. But in my heart of hearts, I hope they get rid of the sucker and let chips fall where they may.
oralloy

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
when Trump learned of Obama's true birth right, he still continued asserting that Obama was Kenyan. Does that make Trump a liar in that case??
Who knows.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:15 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I truly think the end is coming for Trump. I haven't said that yet, nor have I felt it, but, something is building.
Trump is going to be our president until 2025.

revelette1 wrote:
I also see some lessoning of the republicans willingness to keep swallowing this junk of the President's. Not with McConnell of course, why don't they get rid of him as a republican leader? He is on the losing side and dragging republicans down with him.
The Republicans picked up Senate seats this year. And the Republicans are going to control the White House for the next 18 years.

revelette1 wrote:
Stagetically, I should hope nothing happens to Trump, it is clearly better for the democrats if don't.
It's better for the Democrats when the Republicans control the White House?

revelette1 wrote:
But in my heart of hearts, I hope they get rid of the sucker and let chips fall where they may.
People hated Lincoln too. Historians don't tend to hold that against Lincoln.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:43 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
...in my heart of hearts, I hope they get rid of the sucker and let chips fall where they may.

Some of my fondest fantasies are seeing Trump doing a perp walk- having to stand next to lawyers and hear charges in court - being marched off to lock up...

gives me a warm fuzzy all over
maporsche

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 10:58 am
@snood,
I just want to see that after he gets voted out of office.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 11:10 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
I should hope nothing happens to Trump, it is clearly better for the democrats if don't. But in my heart of hearts, I hope they get rid of the sucker and let chips fall where they may.

That may be because your heart tells you he is dangerous to the US and the world. In theory, he's the best president to make sure the dems win the next elections. In practice, he may be the one making sure there's no such thing as free and fair elections in the US anymore...
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 11:22 am
@snood,
Quote:
Some of my fondest fantasies

Fantasy is the right word.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 11:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Obama's true birth right

The birth certificate was never proven to be the original, and the person in charge of it died, conveniently. Actually it is a moot point. The damage Obama did is real.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 11:31 am
https://c3.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Asylum-Rock-600-LI.jpg
https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/11/branco-cartoon-yes-they-can/
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 12:05 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

when Trump learned of Obama's true birth right, he still continued asserting that Obama was Kenyan.

On the Mash Report after news broke of Ivanka using private emails, Nish Kumar said that family really are the World leaders in hypocrisy and accusing people of what they're guilty of. If there was an award for hypocrisy they'll probably accuse the other contestants of being drug cheats while injecting steroids on the winning podium. The only logical outcome of all of this is that it turns out Trump was born in Kenya.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 12:31 pm
Quote:
The Clintons Go Down in FLAMES

Laughing Laughing Laughing
https://theblacksphere.net/2018/11/clintons-go-down-in-flames/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 12:38 pm
Quote:
Life expectancy in the US has dropped once again, thanks in part to rising suicide and drug overdose rates, according to new government reports.

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found nearly 70,000 more Americans died in 2017 than 2016, with rising rates of death among 25- to 44-year-olds.

Thursday's reports revealed synthetic opioid-related overdose death rates rose by 45% on average, nationwide.

The suicide rate is also the highest it has been in decades.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46389147<br />
Another one of Trump's sorry legacies.
coldjoint

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 12:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Another one of Trump's sorry legacies.

Legacies in under two years? Trump must be the most important man in history. Shocked
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 01:05 pm
@izzythepush,
It's gonna take at least a decade to do away with trumps legacy of hate and corruption. Doesn't make him a great man just a terrible one.
Baldimo

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 01:16 pm
@izzythepush,
It sounds like a lot of those deaths are due to poor choices people make. Drug addiction and suicide are all personal choices we make.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 29 Nov, 2018 01:27 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Drug addiction and suicide are all personal choices we make.
Certainly everyone can refuse to take prescription medication, over-the counter preparations, alcohol, illegal drugs, steroids or inhalants.
But some are or think they are in a situation where they don't have another choice.
And most often suicide is a result of having no other choice as well.

Offering more and different choices, low-threshold with easy access would/could/should give the opportunity for workable personal choices.