Quote:
nepotism?

Yes, roger.

Nepotism.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 18 Nov, 2018 09:59 pm
@Builder,
What you really mean by that is that we don't buy into YOUR propaganda.
ehBeth

Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:14 pm
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/maybe-its-time-for-america-to-split-up.html

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2018/11/09/magazine/13-schism-2.nocrop.w900.h2147483647.jpg

Quote:
As it was for a majority of Britons, it is easier to imagine breaking up the United States than figuring out how to make it work — whether through bold new policies or merely a functioning version of consensus politics. The seeming inelasticity of our system of governance also guarantees a security and predictability that we take for granted. Some of the lessons Europe is being taught under the stress of the Brexit crisis — that a single currency requires a unified economy, or that a lack of internal borders can’t work if no one can agree on what should happen at the outer one — are ones Americans might better learn from fantasy than from experience.

0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, and allow me to point out, tediously, once again, that capitalism is an economic system, not a political system. Capitalist activities are highly regulated in Europe.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:45 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Capitalist activities are highly regulated in Europe.
Like in
Basic Law Germany wrote:
The Federal Republic of Germany is a democratic and social federal state.
("Social market economy")
0 Replies

Builder

Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
What you really mean by that is that we don't buy into YOUR propaganda.

That's okay, MJ. We don't buy into yours, either.

AWD News. com Mon., Nov. 05, 2018

The Jewish senator from New York, Chuck Schumer, has introduced House Resolution 1697 – known as the Israel Anti-Boycott Act. This legislation is in direct conflict with the 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech and targets those who are critical of Israel with draconian prison sentences and fines:

“American citizens are set to be fined up to $1 million or imprisoned for up to 20 years for criticizing Israel or supporting the BDS boycott, thanks to new legislation sponsored by Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer.

Anyone guilty of violating the new prohibitions will face a minimum civil penalty of $250,000 and a maximum criminal penalty of $1 million and 20 years in prison under the new law.

According to the ACLU, the Cardin legislation would “bar U.S. persons from supporting boycotts against Israel, including its settlements in the Palestinian Occupied Territories conducted by international governmental organizations, such as the United Nations and the European Union.

source
Builder

Sun 18 Nov, 2018 11:56 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Yes, and allow me to point out, tediously, once again, that capitalism is an economic system,

More evidence that the Canuck is asleep at the wheel again;

Neoliberalism and free-market capitalism are the system you're working under right about now.

They're not differentiated as either political, nor economic.

They are one in the same.

Now, prove me wrong.

Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism[1] is the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism.[2]:7 Those ideas include economic liberalization policies such as privatization, austerity, deregulation, free trade[3] and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society.[11] These market-based ideas and the policies they inspired constitute a paradigm shift away from the post-war Keynesian consensus which lasted from 1945 to 1980.[12][13]

English-speakers have used the term "neoliberalism" since the start of the 20th century with different meanings,[14] but it became more prevalent in its current meaning in the 1970s and 1980s, used by scholars in a wide variety of social sciences[15][16] as well as by critics.[17][18] Modern advocates of free market policies avoid the term "neoliberal"[19] and some scholars have described the term as meaning different things to different people[20][21] as neoliberalism "mutated" into geopolitically distinct hybrids as it travelled around the world.[4] As such, neoliberalism shares many attributes with other concepts that have contested meanings, including democracy.[22]
Setanta

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 12:05 am
@Builder,
First, Canuck is a disobliging term, and I'm not surprised at your nastiness. Second, I am a native-born citizen of the United States. Finally, that you want to puke up witless tory bromides does not oblige me to prove anything to you.
Builder

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 12:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
does not oblige me to prove anything to you.

You've (as usual) got nothing.

Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism[1] is the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism.[2]:7 Those ideas include economic liberalization policies such as privatization, austerity, deregulation, free trade[3] and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society.[11] These market-based ideas and the policies they inspired constitute a paradigm shift away from the post-war Keynesian consensus which lasted from 1945 to 1980.[12][13]

English-speakers have used the term "neoliberalism" since the start of the 20th century with different meanings,[14] but it became more prevalent in its current meaning in the 1970s and 1980s, used by scholars in a wide variety of social sciences[15][16] as well as by critics.[17][18] Modern advocates of free market policies avoid the term "neoliberal"[19] and some scholars have described the term as meaning different things to different people[20][21] as neoliberalism "mutated" into geopolitically distinct hybrids as it travelled around the world.[4] As such, neoliberalism shares many attributes with other concepts that have contested meanings, including democracy.[22]

Short story is, you can't have one without the other. Either political actions assist the economic direction, or the federal reserve creates their own policy, which is why #45 is attacking the fed, who has, BTW, already admitted that their own, Obama-sanctioned policy, has failed.

You're about as informed as a street kid, or you're trying to cover for something. I couldn't care less which it is, but you, as per your own posts, are wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 12:42 am
How pathetic you are. You more resemble a street kid, calling names and trying to pick a fight because you've not got anything else going for you. Have fun playing with yourself--I suspect you spend a lot of time doing that.
Builder

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:05 am
@Setanta,
You open an argument; making crass, unsupported claims; so I parry with supported evidence for a claim, and you reply with........................(crickets)......................... SFA again.

How many times does this happen, before you go on ignore?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:10 am
@Builder,
Quote:
US senators amend anti-BDS bill after outcry
03/04/2018
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/americas/169098-180304-us-senators-amend-anti-bds-bill-after-outcry

A US senator on Saturday announces changes to a proposed bipartisan bill that seeks to ban US businesses from boycotting Israel, the Baltimore Sun reported.

The current wording of the proposed legislation -- which boasts 51 co-sponsors -- would lever steep penalties on US entities who participate in boycotting Israel, and seeks to deny Export-Import Bank credit to companies who do so.

It was drafted in opposition to a UN Human Rights Council resolution urging member states to boycott Israel over its 50-years-long military control of the West Bank, as well as the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement.

In July, the American Civil Liberties Union criticized the mooted law for being unnecessarily harsh.

"This bill would impose civil and criminal punishment on individuals solely because of their political beliefs about Israel and its policies," the civil rights watchdog warned.

On Saturday the Baltimore Sun reported that Democratic Senator Ben Cardin had released a fresh version of the bill with the aim of allaying the ACLU's fears.

According to the paper, the new draft enshrines First Amendment business rights, adds a statement allowing US citizens to participate in "personal" boycotts and kept punishments to financial sanctions rather than criminal penalties.

“We have welcomed the public discussions that have been essential in focusing this bipartisan legislation in such a way that definitively upholds the rights of individual Americans while clarifying decades-old legislation,” Cardin was quoted as saying.

Other top sponsors of the bill reportedly support the changes.

In 1977 Congress passed legislation that fines US companies who agree to engage in the official Arab League boycott of Israel.

Typically, a handful of businesses every year are found to have violated the law and are hit with modest fines by the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security.

Several US states have already legislated anti-BDS laws.

In the wake of the devastating Hurricane Harvey in October last year, some victims in Texas were reportedly made to sign a document saying they did not support a boycott of Israel before they could receive aid, alarming some who broadly support the laws.
Olivier5

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:14 am
@Olivier5,
That law hasn't passed yet.
Setanta

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:30 am
I didn't start anything with you. Your evidence, such as it is, is to have copied and pasted parts of Wikipedia articles, which do not refute what I said in response to remarks by Finn. Once again, since it seems not to have sunk in with you, I am not obliged to prove or disprove anything you puke up.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:31 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
That law hasn't passed yet.

It's a bill, Olly.
Setanta

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:46 am
You want to put me on ignore, knock yourself out. It would be a shame for you, though, it's already reached the point at which almost nobody talks to you as it is.

I don't know of any word in the English language such as hisdom. You need to practice some anger management--you seem to lose it all too easily.
Builder

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 01:53 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
it's already reached the point at which almost nobody talks to you as it is.

And you think that bothers me? It does tie in nicely with your chronic NPD, so we'll let that ride.

Quote:
you seem to lose it all too easily.

This is a little afternoon enjoyment for me. There's that NPD of yours making assumptions again. It's a balmy Spring evening here. Apart from the cockatoos demolishing half of my sunflower crop, it's been a great day.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 02:01 am
@Builder,
Thanks for the semantics. It hasn't passed yet. It's also supported by Repubs as well as Dems, but you only mentioned Dems' support.
Builder

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 02:09 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
but you only mentioned Dems' support.

Here's what I said;

Quote:
That's okay, MJ. We don't buy into yours, either.

I guess you're all dems, but how does what I said indicate support for the DNC?
Setanta

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 02:10 am
There ya go, Olivier will talk to you . . . he'll talk to anybody.