monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 03:45 am
Quote:
Crowd estimates from Women’s Marches on Saturday are still trickling in, but political scientists say they think we may have just witnessed the largest day of demonstrations in American history.
Vox

Now if anyone was really serious about draining the swamp, they'd kick all the men out of DC and replace them with women.
layman

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 03:56 am
@Olivier5,
"Alternate facts" are facts the media omitted in their misleading reporting, eh, Ollie?

layman

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 04:01 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Now if anyone was really serious about draining the swamp, they'd kick all the men out of DC and replace them with women.

Spoken like a full-blowed cheese-eater, sho nuff.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 05:22 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

"Alternate facts" are facts the media omitted in their misleading reporting, eh, Ollie?

Naah, "alt-facts" are just lies, that's all. Old, tired, pathetic lies from the Liar in Chief, who pretends to live in an alternative reality since Putin ripped him an alternative asshole.
giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 05:38 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

I must make a public apology to georgeob1 for personally insulting him on two separate occasions. If I could, I would delete my posts. My comments were rude and childish.

I also owe layman an apology. There are two ways to reply in opposition to another’s member's post: the right way and the wrong way. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong way. I had a legitimate objection to make, but I lost my temper and played the hypocrite. My reply to him was demeaning and extremely harsh. Again, I’d delete my post if I could.

I am ashamed of myself for submitting these posts. Believe it or not, I actually don’t behave this way in real life.

In light of what has happened, I will not be posting again for a while.

Bill is a class act. I have asked him in private to reconsider his decision not to post. Must respect Bill.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 05:44 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Quote:
Hmm...How come they didn't resist him AT THE BALLOT BOX???

They did by almost 2.9million votes more than tRump got.

Yeah those 2.9 voted, but only while dodging ICE Agents.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 05:50 am
@Olivier5,
Alternative facts are a real advantage: now everyone can get her/his own facts, nothing is imposed, you have reality in your own hands, facts to the people!
giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:11 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Whether she is an EFFECTIVE bully remains to be seen, however I think it is clear that her INTENT is to bully. I think that is concerning in a person in her position.

You should be more worried about bullies in the media...Those who abuse their constitutional protection. Those, who instead of fairly reporting the news without bias, seek to subvert the political process with slanted liberal propoganda. Fighting fire with fire is not bullying. Conway is supposed to be partisan...Not the media.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:20 am
@blatham,
As far as I'm concerned, if a member of the media is caught purveying fake news they should be banned from the WH press room. If the news agency that employed him doesn't denounce him the agency should be banned. And those who will scream suppressing the press should shut the **** up. Those agencies are still free to publish their vitriol. They should try those tactics in a Communist country and see how long they live.
Olivier5

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:20 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Alternative facts are a real advantage: now everyone can get her/his own facts, nothing is imposed, you have reality in your own hands, facts to the people!

The alt-republic needs an alternative name. Universal Shams of Alteristan?
giujohn

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 06:24 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
If you think Conway is a bully, you're far more of a snowflake than I thought.

Using the same epithets to describe, without discrimination, all of Trump's advisers is intellectually lazy, not to mention childish.

"Snowflake"? How urban-dictionary-cool you are. But as I used to do some backcountry skiing, I got myself educated on avalanches and snow crystal formation. For example, under certain conditions, crystals can form as plates (imagine a six-sided stop sign). I've only seen this once (your eyes have to be very close to the snow surface). Quite beautiful.

As to the rest of your post, I didn't describe "all" of his advisers that way. I have described Trump with that word, and Conway, probably Spicer, and now Preibus is trying to play the big mean bully as well. None of this is debatable.

A STOP sign is an OCTAGON.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 07:47 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, if a member of the media is caught purveying fake news they should be banned from the WH press room.

How about when administration officials are caught purveying fake news?

Quote:
If the news agency that employed him doesn't denounce him the agency should be banned.

Goodbye Breitbart.

Quote:
They should try those tactics in a Communist country and see how long they live.

I assume you're referring to authoritarian countries in general; self-styled "communist" countries aren't the only ones that restrict the free flow of information and critical opinion. You know, the Russian press turns out a lot of fake news with a nationalistic slant. I can imagine a free speech activist over there criticizing journalists in the compliant state media, "You should try these tactics in the USA and see how long it takes for people to expose your lies."
Leadfoot

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 07:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, what happened to you? You seem to have your head screwed on better than I remember in earlier days. Maybe the fault is in my memory.

Anyway, rave on man
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:06 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

The alt-republic needs an alternative name. Universal Shams of Alteristan?

Or simply: Alterica.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:39 am
Report: Flynn’s communications with Russia investigated

Quote:
The WSJ said it's unclear when the inquiry began or whether it produced any incriminating evidence. Its unknown if the matter is closer or ongoing. The report came hours after Flynn was sworn in Sunday, along with other senior advisers.

The key focus is a series of calls Flynn made to Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak on Dec. 29, the WSJ reported, the day the Obama administration announced sanctions against Russia.

The goal of the probe is to determine the nature of Flynn's contact with Russian officials and whether it may have violated the law, people familiar with the matter told the WSJ.
blatham

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:48 am
@revelette1,
To be clear, the investigation is apparently broader than Flynn. I posted on this the other day but the last graph of the WSJ piece notes it as well.

Quote:
The report follows a similar one from the New York Times published Thursday that said intelligence and law enforcement agencies are looking at intercepted communications and financial transactions from former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and campaign advisers Carter Page and Roger Stone.
revelette1

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:51 am
@blatham,
Ok. It is just the specifics of it which kind of struck me in regards to Flynn.
blatham

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:57 am
@revelette1,
Quite appropriate for you to post it, madam.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 08:57 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

I must make a public apology to georgeob1 for personally insulting him on two separate occasions. If I could, I would delete my posts. My comments were rude and childish.

I am ashamed of myself for submitting these posts. Believe it or not, I actually don’t behave this way in real life.

In light of what has happened, I will not be posting again for a while.

Don't punish yourself. In a sea of insults it's hard to focus on just one. However I thank you for the consideration. 'Let he who is without sin....
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 23 Jan, 2017 09:08 am
Yesterday, Conway, on ABC's This Week said;
Quote:
Trump is “not going to release his tax returns.”

"We litigated this all through the election. People didn’t care," Conway said. "They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: Most Americans ... are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like."

But today, back to the old dodge:
Quote:
“On taxes, answers (& repeated questions) are same from campaign: POTUS is under audit and will not release until that is completed,” Conway tweeted.
Politico
Of course, no evidence has been provided to prove the claim he's under audit in the first place.