Sure, for the moneyed classes.
Quote:
...the military is necessary to world peace

How's that working out for you?
hightor

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 01:24 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
. . . their lists are as long and as rigid as the lists of the people on the left.

For sure. blatham penned a little piece — which I've since been unable to find in these pages — where a blaspheming degenerate shows up at a small evangelical house of worship wearing a t-shirt with an image of Jesus engaged in a sexually deviant act and is welcomed with love by the tolerant parishioners. It was very droll.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 01:38 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:

Rather than allow you to misconstrue what is in the thread you are referring to, I will post the link to that thread for other people to view for themselves.

Excellent. When Finn mentioned this "hateful screed" you'd posted I really wondered if I had missed the article in question. Conservatives are so concerned with political correctness that simply questioning Jerry Falwell's political motives is seen as hate speech.
coldjoint

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 02:00 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Sure, for the moneyed classes.

Let's start with the basics, what other system has raised more people out of poverty?
coldjoint

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 02:02 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
that simply questioning Jerry Falwell's political motives is seen as hate speech
You have to be kidding. Where is that narrative coming from? You are projecting.
hightor

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 02:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Where is that narrative coming from?

Did you even read the article referred to as a "hateful screed"?
hightor

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 02:51 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
...what other system has raised more people out of poverty?

What other system is based on speculation and greed and regularly undergoes boom and bust cycles which destroy communities? What other system has allowed the oceans to become polluted with micro-plastics? What other system leaves its former workforce stranded while it builds new factories overseas in countries with lower labor costs?
coldjoint

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 02:55 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Did you even read the article referred to as a "hateful screed"?

That article is ill conceived from the get go. It is a fact Sanger wanted to eliminate the Negro race, she said so. Wilson was a wicked racist. Progressives already had a solution to segregation which was no Blacks at all.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 03:00 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
What other system has allowed the oceans to become polluted with micro-plastics?

https://infographic.statista.com/normal/chartoftheday_12211_the_countries_polluting_the_oceans_the_most_n.jpg
You will notice that includes mismanaging waste.
https://www.statista.com/chart/12211/the-countries-polluting-the-oceans-the-most/
coldjoint

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 03:14 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
What other system leaves its former workforce stranded while it builds new factories overseas in countries with lower labor costs?

A system where businesses are crushed by taxes and regulations. That is not happening as much, if at all now. Democratic policies caused it. They wanted our wealth redistributed.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 03:35 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I don't see anyone here defending the worst practices of Islam

Me neither but I also don't see many (if any) liberals condemning them the way they happily condemn those of Christians.

If you are against religious persecution for one religion you should be against it for all religions. There's no denying that the left has a very bizarre and special place in its heart for Islam, despite the prevalence of its illiberal practices.

No acts of political or religious violence should be tolerated and I condemn them all, but somehow you think it is more significant to blow up an abortion clinic than the World Trade Tower.

Do you really need to defend every flaw your tribe displays?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 04:04 pm
@hightor,
Any article (or series of articles) that is fixated on what the author presumes is the absolute worst motivations of a movement is a "hateful screed"
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 04:05 pm
@hightor,
You didn't answer the question.
MontereyJack

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 05:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
let's be fair here: that means any posts by coldjJoint or oralloy, amongst others, is a "hateful screed" according to your definition.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 05:50 pm
@coldjoint,
That deceptive chart only includes plastic waste. It doesn't deaL with oil lesk pollution or agricultural chemical pollution or sewage runoff pollution or the other forms of pollution orthe related questions of destruction of the marine denvironments, on which countries with many miles of coastline depend for much of their foiod resources because of huge degrees of overfishing, or deaths of coral reefs or climate change. Pretty much evercountry that fronts on an ocean, and most do, has been ******* up its oceans for centureise, though much more extensively in the last century. That definitely includes the US. We may nokt be worse than other countries, but we're certainly no better, as witness the dead zones in the Gulf of Mexico.
Real Music

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 05:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Me neither but I also don't see many (if any) liberals condemning them the way they happily condemn those of Christians.

For the record, yes I am a liberal. For the record, I am not condemning Christians. I consider myself to be a Christian. The issue I have is not with Christians. The issue I have is with the Christian Right. There is plenty of evidence of the Christian Right hijacking Christianity for their own political and sometimes racial agenda. Reverend William J. Barber has articulated that point quite eloquently.

Where Are the Christians Now?
Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II

Reverend William Barber on Trump and morality
]

MontereyJack

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 05:57 pm
@Real Music,
Preach, Rev.!!!!
coldjoint

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 06:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Preach, Rev.!!!!

Has he got an opinion on Farrakhan or Bill Clinton?
MontereyJack

Sat 17 Nov, 2018 06:09 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Has he got an opinion on Farrakhan or Bill Clinton?

So tell me , which one of them is currently the president ******* over the country?
Below viewing threshold (view)