Quote:
(BDS) movement is not antisemitic.

What is it?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Funny how due process is important to the left...when it suits them.
I noticed like you, finn, how often and loud they cry for instance "Lock her up"!
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And which school of thought is most responsible for this?

It was a failure of conservatives — the "old order" — to adapt to inevitable cultural change in the post-war era. They were seen objecting to African Americans' movement for equality, they opposed women's rights, they couldn't deal with homos, they fought the environmental movement, they only supported traditional forms of religion, etc. Cultural rebels who questioned the adequacy of the old order to deal with changing times and circumstances were alienated by the paternalistic power structure which, like an old-fashioned dad confronting an independent teen, could only respond to "Why?" with "Because I said so." Clinging to the hoary past merely because it's believed to have achieved sacredness through long descent, our institutions blew the chance to forge a new future by failing to recognize and accept any need to change.
coldjoint

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:32 pm
Another article about the threat from Canada.
https://creepingsharia.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/canada-jihad.jpg
Quote:
“Many years ago I suggested that many of the Islamist extremists might regard Canada as an aircraft carrier from which to maintain operations against the United States,” Harris said.

Thomas Quiggin, the author of SUBMISSION: The Danger of Political Islam to Canada – With a Warning to America, believes, “Canada is becoming a foundational sort of place for Islamists of all stripes including the Iranians by the way.”

Quiggin says Canada is in denial over the terror threat it has created for itself and for its neighbor to the south. And the denier-in-chief seems to be Prime Minister Trudeau.

Canada's stupidity is going to end up killing people.
https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2018/11/16/canada-terror-base/
0 Replies

coluber2001

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:51 pm
@Olivier5,
0livier5 said:
Quote:
"Some people are more comfortable being hated than being loved."

This is an important statement, and it is rampant on A2k. Many of our threads quickly diverge from the opening theme to a venomous exchange of negative strokes between two people.

This stems from way back in childhood, because a child being deficient in positive strokes from the parents resorts to acting out negatively. It's very easy to get a negative stroke, and to a child a negative stroke is better than no stroke at all.

I know because I was one of them, and it took redecision therapy to reverse this behavior. Before this therapy, I was more comfortable getting and giving a negative stroke and uncomfortable getting a positive stroke. Now, this is reversed.
coldjoint

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 12:59 pm
@coluber2001,

Quote:
This is an important statement, and it is rampant on A2k.

Another excuse for the group think?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 01:18 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Before this therapy, I was more comfortable getting and giving a negative stroke and uncomfortable getting a positive stroke. Now, this is reversed.

I have to work on that too.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 01:26 pm
Quote:
Get Out!’ Mexicans Fight Arriving Migrant Caravan In Tijuana

Time for the progressives to move to Mexico and put a halt to this rampant xenophobia. We just cannot have people defending their cultures or countries. Don't they know that migrants are the answer to everything that ails them? Shocked
https://lidblog.com/mexicans-get-out/
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:00 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Don't you mean Communists, globalists and their ilk?

By the post-war period, communism had deteriorated into Sovietism, with its gulags, secret police, and long lines on the one hand and third world peasant revolts on the other. It was pretty much finished as a revolutionary force in the advanced western powers. In the USA, Taft-Hartley, multi-site industrialism, and the illusion of steadily rising living standards pretty much reduced the labor movement to economic irrelevance. While there were many in the New Left who were inspired by Marxism, actual support for Soviet Communism or even something more homegrown wasn't that much of an organizing principle. Civil rights, feminism, environmentalism, and the anti-war movement were more effective. So no, I don't mean "Communists".

And no, I don't mean "globalists" either. Multi-national corporations were the left's favorite whipping boy for years. World economic integration was fueled by conditions following the war and supported by national governments, corporations, and major houses of finance. It wasn't the product of cultural rebellion.
Real Music

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:00 pm
@hightor,
I thank you for posting that Jonah Goldberg article.
The article was very informative and insightful.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:28 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
The “boycott, divestment and sanctions” (BDS) movement is not antisemitic.
Wrong. The BDS neonazis are falsely accusing Jews of imaginary crimes, and then calling on people to harm those Jews because of those imaginary crimes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:31 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
This right-wing ploy is pretty transparent.
Condemnation of neonazi liberals is not a ploy. Liberal antisemitism is just as horrific as any other antisemitism.

hightor wrote:
Notice, I say the "Israeli state" and not Judaism itself.
No one is fooled by attempts to disguise antisemitism by making the false accusations "against Israel" instead of "against Jews in general".

hightor wrote:
You can oppose clerical abuse of children and not be anti-Catholic. You can hate Donald Trump and not be anti-Republican.
But you can't go around falsely accusing Jews of imaginary crimes and not be a neonazi.

hightor wrote:
Right-wingers accusing other people of antisemitism because they oppose the political actions of the Israeli state should be seen for what it is — a desperate attempt to gain sympathy by hijacking and then misapplying a long-loathed term in hopes of sowing distrust and confusion.
Liberal neonazis are condemned because they falsely accuse Israel of imaginary crimes, and call on people to harm Israel because of those imaginary crimes.

This is the proper response to neonazi liberals. Their antisemitism is despicable.
oralloy

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:33 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Yes, it's a pretty obvious disinformation attempt.
Condemnation of liberal neonazis is not disinformation. Their antisemitism is repugnant.
oralloy

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Btw, Oralloy is very selective in his accusations of anti Semitism.
No I'm not.

izzythepush wrote:
There was a poster called Carlos le Baron who consistently denied the Holocaust. I pointed this out to Oralloy, and even posted links to le Baron's Holocaust denial.
You never pointed anything out to me.

izzythepush wrote:
Oralloy did absolutely nothing about it because Carlos le Baron is another right wing extremist just like him.
I did nothing about the alleged events because if they happened I knew nothing about them.

izzythepush wrote:
Oralloy is the worst type of hypocrite, the very worst.
No such hypocrisy.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 02:42 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Where to do you think PC came from?

Not from Communism — don't lay that crap on them. They were oblivious to such bourgeois niceties.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 03:17 pm
@hightor,
That's certainly not what Goldberg thinks and I agree with him.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 03:20 pm
@coluber2001,
A nice post coluber, and I get what you are saying. I'm glad you've been able to deal with it.

Myself, I'm ok with negative strokes or I wouldn't have remained here for so long. I'm also very ok with positive strokes, but I find them elsewhere.
0 Replies