monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
glitterbag

Thu 8 Nov, 2018 10:28 pm
What a wizard.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 05:17 am
@glitterbag,
Since Trump's White House can publish a doctored video, I will trust him now on everything.
Like he'd checked: 300 rough, rough people in that caravan.
farmerman

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 05:34 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I believe I heard a quote from Trump today saying that he was going to start having Democrats investigated if they keep up with their witch hunts against him.
does the phrase ABUSE of AUTHORITY ring a bell?
Region Philbis

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 05:57 am
@farmerman,

payback's gonna be a bitch...
ehBeth

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 09:38 am
Arizona/Florida

still in play? back in play?

interesting days for folks in the US (and observers)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/09/midterm-elections-florida-polls-recounts-andrew-gillum

Quote:
Razor-thin margins in the Senate and governor’s races in Florida are raising the possibility of recounts in two of the most closely watched contests of the US midterm elections.

In the governor’s race, the campaign of the Democratic candidate, Andrew Gillum, said it was preparing for a possible recount. He conceded to his Republican rival, Ron DeSantis, on Tuesday, although the race has since tightened. As of Thursday afternoon, DeSantis led Gillum by 0.47 of a percentage point.

The Democratic incumbent senator, Bill Nelson, has also begun preparing for a potential recount in a race still too close to call against the Republican Rick Scott, the outgoing governor.

Advertisement

Scott held a lead of 0.21 of a percentage point over Nelson on Thursday afternoon.

The tight races underscored Florida’s status as a perennial swing state where elections are often decided by the thinnest of margins. Since 2000, when Florida decided the presidency by 537 votes in a contest that took more than five weeks to resolve, the state has seen many close elections, but never so many dead heats in one year.

Quote:
in Arizona’s Senate race, Democrat Kyrsten Sinema took a minuscule lead of about 9,000 out of 1.9 million votes counted after trailing since Tuesday. The race remained too close to call with at least 400,000 ballots still uncounted.
ehBeth

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 09:59 am
@ehBeth,
and on observers

listened to an interesting interview with a few of these people on monocle the other night - hope it's online soon

https://sputniknews.com/us/201811071069604579-usa-osce-international-observers-voting-restrictions/

https://qz.com/1450160/russian-legislators-are-in-the-us-to-monitor-the-midterm-elections/

0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 10:41 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
does the phrase ABUSE of AUTHORITY ring a bell?

It should for anyone who supported Clinton. I don't think he did.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 10:46 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
payback's gonna be a bitch...

No matter what it is, payback in this case, is just one more thing the Democrats put before the good of Americans. They have shown that illegals and criminals are a cut above American citizens, now revenge is too.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 11:17 am
Quote:
Forensic Expert: No, Acosta Video Showing Him Shoving a Woman’s Hand Away Was NOT Doctored

How do you like that. The Left is lying and have been caught again. Nothing new.
Quote:
But Hany Farid, who studies digital forensics, human perception, and image analysis at the University of California, Berkeley, told Motherboard that he does not think the video was doctored. Though he agreed that the entire video was, of course, slowed down and zoomed in to focus on the moment of physical contact, he does not see any evidence to suggest that it was selectively edited to exaggerate Acosta’s motion.

“From my review of the various videos of the press conference, I believe that the video tweeted by the Press Secretary is misleading but I don’t see unambiguous evidence that it has been doctored,

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2018/11/09/forensic-expert-no-acosta-video-not-doctored/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 11:34 am
Quote:
He OWNS them!

Quote:
As told in "The Smear," people usually aren't targeted unless they're effective. I'm going to start watching @TuckerCarlson to see what he's doing that so worries them. They're in essence saying: he's making a difference. If it weren't so ugly, it would be a compliment.

Above is a tweet by Sharyl Attkisson, a reporter that quit CBS because they cut her story about and investigation of Fast&Furious. The Obama administration hacked her computer. She is right.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 12:28 pm
@maporsche,
I don't trust Snopes 100% but I don't think they would lie about this. Thanks for the correction. It will teach me a lesson I have failed to learn...don't believe everything you hear and see on TV

EDIT: BTW - Did you respond to MM's assertion?
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 12:37 pm
@mysteryman,
Acosta is not a reporter. He's a pundit masquerading as one. He didn't ask a tough question he attempted to debate the president. There are multiple definitions of "invasion" and depending upon which you choose you can argue that Trump is right or that Acosta is, but since there are multiple definitions, Acosta's premise that the Caravan is not an invasion is dishonest. In addition, even if you want to accept his definition (a military assault) the fact that they are 100 miles away is totally immaterial. Otherwise, when the Nazis were 100 miles away from their border, the French would have been wrong to consider them an invading force.

Acosta is generally reviled among his colleagues as a grandstander, but they are going to come to his defense in cases like this.

If I were Trump, I would simply refuse to take his questions. CNN is going to criticize him regardless of what he does, but at least it wouldn't give this pompous a-hole oxygen.
ehBeth

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 12:39 pm
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/11/10-reasons-whitaker-might-not-foil-mueller/575467/

10 reasons?

I'll just go with this one (though the others are certainly worth considering)

Quote:
Mueller has spread the wealth around.

The normal critique of special-counsel investigations is that they hoard jurisdiction, endlessly expand, and become personal roving inquests into their political subjects’ lives.

The opposite is the case with Mueller. He has not merely referred to other Justice Department components matters at the margins of his investigation, such as the Michael Cohen situation in New York. He has also let other components handle matters involving core questions of Russian interference in the U.S. elections, such as the Maria Butina and Elena Khusyaynova prosecutions.

The result of this strategic step is not just that Mueller is relatively invulnerable to the charge of any kind of power grab or mission creep. It is also that firing him or reining him in only does so much.

If Trump imagines these investigations as a cancer on his presidency, they are a cancer that has already metastasized.

best of all (?) some things were moved out of the federal system , taking presidential pardons out of play
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 12:51 pm
Unless something changes, I don't really see a need to comment on this thread. Trump does outrageous things, says outrageous things, the left moan about it and the right just keep on defending him.

It is boring me to death because no matter what he does in the end he will get his way because he's got the court stacked in his favor.

I blame those in 2016 who made such a big deal about Hillary trustworthiness. I hope they are happy now, we are all reaping what they sowed. If only they held their noses and voted for Hillary.

At least we would not have the Supreme Court we now have which in the end no matter what democrats do, will uphold Trump. FL. recount will go the way of 2000 eventually. I doubt much gets accomplished with Mueller other than perhaps telling U.S. citizens what we already know, maybe, he will be impeached. I say go for it, we have nothing to lose at this point. Let it all hang out, fight him with everything we got in House no matter what the consequences are going to be. Hold hearings, investigate him to death and then impeach him.
coldjoint

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 01:08 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
It is boring me to death because no matter what he does in the end he will get his way because he's got the court stacked in his favor.

Did it bore you when Obama did, and still has judges stopping Trump. This is the way this country works. You are bored with America and the difference it has made because of our system(Constitution). The very concepts in that document should make your day.

That system was not designed to have people deny the results of an election because they lost.
Quote:
Hold hearings, investigate him to death and then impeach him.

Sure thing, do nothing that will help anyone, unless they are illegals or anti-American.
maporsche

Fri 9 Nov, 2018 01:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

EDIT: BTW - Did you respond to MM's assertion?

No. I did not.
0 Replies