monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

maporsche

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 06:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Who wants to eliminate social security?

....OR come close to balance the budget.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 06:51 pm
@hightor,
What a silly retort
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 06:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Paul Ryan
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 06:52 pm
@maporsche,
We disagree on that, but you know better than everyone else so you must be right.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 06:53 pm
@glitterbag,
See there?

Further proof of your reading comprehension problems.
maporsche

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 06:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Show me the numbers Finn.

If the numbers show I'm wrong, we can certainly agree.

Means testing the benefits (at what income?).
Raising the retirement age (to what age?).
Taking millions of dollars out of the program.

How will that balance the budget?

I assume you want some cuts to Medicare and Medicaid to help with the balance the budget problem. What are your plans there? Or are you just thinking in bumper stickers on those items?
maporsche

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:07 pm
@maporsche,
Take a shot at balancing the budget over here Finn.

See if you can do it without raising taxes.

https://www.federalbudgetchallenge.org/pages/overview
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Further proof of your reading comprehension problems.

I see I am not the only one that noticed.
oralloy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:47 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Source? Many of these "reports" are old and outdated. The plane has been under development for over ten years, and a revolutionary fifth generation aircraft is a work in progress as the bugs get ironed out.
The last time I really looked into it was around 2014, but I haven't heard anything about the problems being fixed yet.

Here is part of an article from 2017:

"One system, the Electro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS), was singled out by pilots as inferior in resolution and range to the systems currently being used on legacy aircraft. EOTS is one of the systems designed to help the F-35 detect and destroy enemy fighters from far enough away to make dogfighting a thing of the past. Mounted close to the nose of the aircraft, it incorporates a television camera, an infrared search and track system, and a laser rangefinder and designator.

These sensors swivel under computer control to track targets over a wide field of regard and display imagery on the pilot's helmet visor display.

But the limitations of EOTS, including image degradation with humidity, force pilots to fly in closer to a target than they had to when using earlier systems just to get a clear enough picture to launch a missile or take a shot.

The report says the problem is bad enough that F-35 pilots may need to fly in so close to acquire the target that they would have to maneuver away to gain the distance needed for a guided weapon shot. Thus, the system's limitations can force an attacking F-35 to compromise surprise, allowing the enemy to maneuver to a first-shot opportunity."

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-f-35-14-trillion-dollar-national-disaster-19985?nopaging=1

Blickers wrote:
Meanwhile, to the many people claiming that the F-35 is never going to be ready for use, here's an item of interest.

F-35 makes American combat debut, strikes Taliban target in Afghanistan
The F-35 is an outstanding ground attack plane. It merges all the ground attack abilities of the F-16, all the ground attack abilities of the F-117, and the STOVL capabilities of the Harrier into a single aircraft.

But that doesn't make it a good air-to-air fighter.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A wildlife official in Idaho has resigned amid a public outcry over his photos of dead animals, killed during a hunting trip in Africa.

Fish and Game Commissioner Blake Fischer has apologised for the images.

A photo of him smiling while holding a family of dead baboons, including a bloodied baby, sparked the most outrage among colleagues and online.

Governor C L Otter said he requested Mr Fischer's resignation as he failed "to exercise good judgment".

The governor said in a press release: "I have high expectations and standards for every appointee in state government. Every member of my administration is expected to exercise good judgment. Commissioner Fischer did not."
What a shame. He should have refused to resign, and then sued if he was fired.

It sounds like the voters there might want to consider electing a different governor.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 08:32 pm
@maporsche,
It takes as pretty big bumper sticker to contain all of my points.

Refer to Ryan's plan - I support it.
glitterbag

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Of course you do.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:26 pm
@coldjoint,
(snort)
glitterbag

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 11:42 pm
@oralloy,
Or perhaps wildlife officials in Idaho are expected to protect wildlife, and not just jet off somewhere else to butcher wildlife (i.e.) baboons.......think about it this way, it's a little like being employed in the school system, but for relaxation you fly to to a war torn region and violate children.

I know, I know that this won't make sense to folks who think others are trying to take their guns away.......but I have guns for protection......I have never had to fight off a family of baboons with nursing infants....tsk tsk tsk.....maybe the 'hunter' (sic) donated the nutritious baboon meat to the natives??? You know, like the endangered animal meat the Trump boys (tweeedle dee and tweedle dum) donate after they are tired of butchering giraffes and other dangerous animals.....a true humanitarian.
coldjoint

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:09 am
@glitterbag,
(snort)
I expected an oink.
glitterbag

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:16 am
@coldjoint,
well, you can have a great big yawn, skippy.....NEXT
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:34 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
We have already entered- it happened when Trump got lucky by Hillary losing the election. We are now mired in darkness with only a dim lighted match at the end of the tunnel subject to the wind
I ahree, although I doubt luck had anything to do with it.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:40 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Your country is entering a pretty dark period,

That means the world is, you do understand that, right?

No **** Sherlock. A fascist America is bad news for everybody.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 12:49 am
@maporsche,
Republicans vote for more dead children. They want to take medicine away from poor children, killing them by neglect and they vehemently oppose any gun legislation which will stop school shootings. They support regimes like Saudi Arabia which bombed a school bus in Yemen and Israel which regularly butchers Palestinian children. That's why they're so opposed to abortion because that means less children to kill. It's also why they're so against Bill Clinton for bringing peace to Northern Ireland and Kosovo and stopping the slaughter of innocents.

They may claim to support things like low taxation, less regulation but first and foremost they're about killing more children. That's why Trump is so popular with his base, he promised more dead children and he delivered.
izzythepush

Wed 17 Oct, 2018 01:06 am
What a surprise.

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has cautioned against rushing to blame Saudi Arabia over the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

He told the AP news agency that Riyadh was being treated as "guilty until proven innocent".

Mr Trump also said that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman had denied knowing what happened to Mr Khashoggi.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45883174
0 Replies