monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 01:29 pm
@coldjoint,
Youre wrong. Look at deographic breakdowns of voters. Dems have higher incones. And bluue states subsidize red state.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 01:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
Ha!

A member of the supposed party of the Working Class is touting the economic superiority of his fellow members.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 02:27 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

We have already entered- it happened when Trump got lucky by Hillary losing the election. We are now mired in darkness with only a dim lighted match at the end of the tunnel subject to the wind.

Poor dear. I suspect that darkness is seen only by progressives who desire a more totalitarian government, one that will arrange for their education, medical care, retirement and welfare if they are unemployed. The only problem with that arrangement is that it isn't compatible with human nature (as history amply shows), and leads only to substandard government delivered services, general poverty, and the loss of freedom for all.

I frankly find it amazing that such progressives as yourself appear to have already forgotten the ghastly lessons of the 20th Century.
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 02:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Since I have .1% Nigerian in my DNA, can I claim to be black? I'm way more African than she is Indian.

If you were in the south before the civil rights era, you wouldn't have a choice if it were known or obvious.

Moreover, the DNA report is not as simple as it seems. The following is from the link in my post of which you responded to in the above quote.

Quote:
But the generational range based on the ancestor that the report identified suggests she’s between 1/64th and 1/1,024th Native American. The report notes there could be missed ancestors.

Quote:
There were five parts of Warren’s DNA that signaled she had a Native American ancestor, according to the report. The largest piece of Native American DNA was found on her 10th chromosome, according to the report. Each human has 23 pairs of chromosomes.

Quote:
Bustamante also compared Warren’s DNA to white populations in Utah and Great Britain to determine if the amounts of Native American markers in Warren’s sample were significant or just background noise.

Warren has 12 times more Native American blood than a white person from Great Britain and 10 times more than a white person from Utah, the report found.

In any event, an unbiased person can easily see how this all played in Warren's family. It is where stories gets passed down and information gets lost along the way. For instance, my husband grandfather's brother looked like a full blooded Indian and so do some of the other relatives which I have seen as well, yet, my husband grandfather looked nothing like an Indian. In fact, my husband grandmother wouldn't let her brother-in-law in the house on account of it. Yet, my husband don't know the exact connection with him or even if he (the brother of my husband's grandfather) was an Indian. I guess it wasn't talked about if he was, thereby making my husband's grandfather a Native American (sorry for saying Indian above). No telling how many genealogical secrets there are in families in the south.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 02:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Youre wrong. Look at deographic breakdowns of voters. Dems have higher incones. And bluue states subsidize red state.

Wait, I thought the wealthy were greedy and voted for Republicans. Now you tell me that the wealthy are Democrat voters?
hightor

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 02:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I thought the wealthy were greedy and voted for Republicans.

Wealthy people can be found in both major parties; that's always been the case. But you're right, the greedy ones vote Republican.
coldjoint

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:09 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
the greedy ones vote Republican.

The Clinton's vote Republican?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:44 pm
@hightor,
What a silly comment.
maporsche

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You don’t think it’s generally true?

Which party would a greedy wealthy person be more likely to vote for?
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:46 pm
@maporsche,
Obviously not.
Sturgis

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:47 pm
@hightor,
Greed crosses party lines regularly.
maporsche

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yeah, obviously indeed.

I guess i was hoping you’d expound on your comment.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:49 pm
@Sturgis,
Yeah but one party makes tax cuts for the extremely wealthy a top issue and the other makes raising taxes on the wealthy a top issue.

If I’m greedy, I know which party I’m voting for (generally).
maporsche

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:50 pm
I’m not saying that all republicans are greedy.
Also not saying that only republicans are greedy.

Just stating that generally I think the more greedy you are the. More likely you are to be a Republican.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:58 pm
@maporsche,
Duly noted
0 Replies

coluber2001

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 03:59 pm
@hightor,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/Siegfried_and_the_Twilight_of_the_Gods_p_022.jpg/220px-Siegfried_and_the_Twilight_of_the_Gods_p_022.jpg
Fafnir/Trump guarding his gold hoard. Greed as the dragon causes him to do nothing with his wealth but protect it.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 04:03 pm
@coluber2001,
What do you do with your wealth?
0 Replies

revelette1

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 04:06 pm
Mitch McConnell Calls to Cut Social Security, Medicare

Quote:
After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.
Sturgis

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 04:20 pm
@maporsche,
True. And Dems are much more likely to put things in place to assist the less forunate; whereas, Republicans often seem to be rooting for their demise.
coldjoint

Tue 16 Oct, 2018 04:22 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Greed as the dragon causes him to do nothing with his wealth but protect it.

A drive by with a picture. Where did he set his diet Coke?
0 Replies