monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:51 am
@blatham,
And **** you too clown.

In the Me Too environment, what you predict will not happen but even if it did, it is not a reason to convict someone on the basis of an accusation.

So like I said, **** you clown.
blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:52 am
There was a mention here earlier of Jay Sekulow claiming that the Trump interview with Lester Holt was edited to make it look as if Trump had admitted he had fired Comey because of the Russia investigation but that the Trump administration had a copy of the full interview transcript which unquestionably told a very different story. No surprise to me. I've been following Sekulow for a decade and he has always been a deceitful movement conservative dipshit. The following is from Steve Benen.
Quote:
On May 9, 2017, Donald Trump fired then-FBI Director James Comey, who was overseeing the investigation into the Russia scandal. Two days later, the president spoke with NBC News’ Lester Holt at the White House and said Comey’s ouster was driven by Trump’s opposition to the probe.

“When I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story,” the president explained at the time.

Trump’s claims didn’t just contradict his own White House’s official line on Comey’s ouster, he also seemed to admit that his decision was directly related to the investigation into the Russia scandal, reinforcing concerns that the president may have obstructed justice when he fired the FBI director.

Three weeks ago, however, he dramatically changed course. Trump published a tweet that said, “When Lester Holt got caught fudging my tape on Russia, they were hurt badly!” (In context, “they” appeared to refer to NBC News, not the Russians.) It was the first time in the 15 months that followed the interview in which he’d taken issue with the exchange.

Last night, Jay Sekulow, a member of the president’s legal defense team, spoke to CNN’s Chris Cuomo, and echoed the claim.

Quote:
“There is actually a transcript of the entire Lester Holt interview. And as you know – because you do TV and you do a good job – you know that when there are interviews, there are edits and there is a longer transcript.

“And I will just tell you without disclosing any detail that when you review the entire transcript, it is very clear as to what happened. And I’m not going to give you information on how we provided it, but in our professional discussions with the office of special counsel, we have addressed that on multiple occasions appropriately.”

Sekulow added, “The entire transcript without question supports the president.”

As we discussed when Trump first started pushing this line, it’s easy to understand why the president and his backers would find Trump’s on-air comments problematic. At face value, he appeared to tell a national television audience that he fired the director of the FBI in order to help derail an ongoing federal investigation into his political operation.

Now, evidently, we’re supposed to believe the interview that much of the country saw last year was edited in some kind of misleading way.

Among the many questions:

* What is it, exactly, that Trump supposedly said in the interview that the public didn’t hear?

* If there’s exculpatory evidence in the form of a transcript, wouldn’t Sekulow and his colleagues want the public to see it?

* If the president genuinely believes the recording was “fudged,” why did he say nothing for 15 months? Even after the firestorm of controversy that erupted after the NBC News interview aired?

* Does Team Trump intend to offer some kind of evidence to support these accusations?

* If we’re now supposed to believe Trump didn’t fire Comey over the Russia scandal, why did Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders also tell reporters that by firing Comey, the White House had “taken steps” to end the investigation into the Russia scandal? For that matter, why did Trump also tell Russian visitors to the Oval Office that the Comey firing relieved “pressure” he was feeling from the scandal.?

Inquiring minds want to know.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well if you can't remember where or when an event happened, your credibility should be questioned.

This is a political farce.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:54 am
@blatham,
What the hell do you know about American ideals?

You are arguing against them.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:55 am
@blatham,
Oh God, can you get more dramatic? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:55 am
Quote:
Dianne Feinstein’s Office Won’t Share Kavanaugh Accuser’s Letter

Quote:
Missing Evidence

But it gets worse. It turns out that Sen. Feinstein’s office is withholding a key piece of information related to the Kavanaugh investigation: Ford’s unredacted original letter detailing the assault.

Now, if Feinstein really wanted to get to the bottom of what happened between Kavanaugh and Ford, you’d think she would share that letter with the rest of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is investigating the incident currently. But she isn’t:

Why? How is withholding that letter helping anything related to the truth?
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/dianne-feinsteins-ford-letter-kavanaugh/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tpi
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:56 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
convict

This is an English verb with which you are apparently unfamiliar.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:56 am
@hightor,
Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi!

Garland Garland Garland!
coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:00 pm
Here is another Garland lamenting something that got away. Like the 2016 election for example.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Well if you can't remember where or when an event happened, your credibility should be questioned.
You might be correct, I'm not an expert in psychotraumatology.
coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:07 pm
Another song that could apply to the Democratic party. A seriously underrated singer. I thought she was better than Garland. But she was Jewish, just saying.

They(Democrats) had a love for America and its citizens. It is gone now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Even if the FBI didn't get involved now it would not be a criminal investigation.

that was the point I was making

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:12 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I'm not an expert in psychotraumatology.

There is still time Walter, hit it. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What a ridiculous meme.

This isn't the case at all. Much to the chagrin of Democrats no Republican or conservative pundit has said anything of the sort, but don't let the truth get in the way of your propaganda.

I guess you don't follow the news - or use the internet
coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I guess you don't follow the news

A meme is now news? In that case.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/30/f9/24/30f924aa58b94119c49713b0fd820c6d.jpg
coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:32 pm
Quote:
Right Now There Is Exactly One Person Refusing To Testify Under Oath and It Isn’t Brett Kavanaugh

Enough said. Justice Kavanaugh sounds real nice.
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/09/20/right-now-exactly-one-person-refusing-testify-oath-isnt-brett-kavanaugh/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=right-now-exactly-one-person-refusing-testify-oath-isnt-brett-kavanaugh&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:41 pm
Quote:
DC: Nellie Ohr and James Baker Refusing to Testify to Congress…

What do they have to hide? Certainly the truth will set them free, right?
Quote:
UPDATE – “The Committee continues to seek the testimony of Nellie Ohr and Jim Baker and will compel their testimony if necessary.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/09/20/dc-nellie-ohr-and-james-baker-refusing-to-testify-to-congress/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:49 pm
Quote:
WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD’S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity

Take a look. This was the culture and she was a willing participant.
Quote:
CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD AND THE DRUNKEN WHITE PRIVILEGED RACIST PLAYGIRLS OF HOLTON-ARMS.

And it would be an accurate headline. That’s why the yearbooks have been scrubbed. They are a testament to the incredible power these girls had over their teachers, parents and the boys of Georgetown Prep, Landon and other schools in the area. In the pages below, you will see multiple photos and references to binge drinking and the accompanying joy of not being able to remember any of it.

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/2018/09/why-christine-blasey-fords-high-school_19.html
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Actually I do and your meme is lying propaganda. Prove me wrong.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You only need to be familiar with common sense.

It's possible that the trauma she allegedly suffered scrambled her memories, but that possibility doesn't lend credibility to her claim. It's absurd to argue otherwise and very dangerous to the rule of law
0 Replies