monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:24 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Here's a real question...

Why isn't Brett Kavanaugh demanding an FBI investigation?

Here is another real question ...

Why aren't western folks demanding a real investigation?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:33 pm
@blatham,
Two other questions are mentioned in this NYT opinion:
Quote:
What are Republicans hiding about him? What don’t they want you to know?
Blickers

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 09:41 pm
@mysteryman841,
Quote mysteryman:
Quote:
And it was the Dems that ran the Hearing.
They were the party in power in the Senate at the time

And it was Republican Orrin Hatch who said at the time:
Quote:

The Utah Republican’s response to Hill’s allegations against Thomas was to accuse her “story” of being “too contrived” and stolen from a book in 1991:

“And there’s no question in my mind she was coached by special interest groups,” (Hatch) told the Deseret News in an interview. “Her story’s too contrived. It’s so slick it doesn’t compute.” He said key signs of that include two charges she made for the first time on Friday, which research by Republicans showed may have been borrowed from a Kansas sexual harassment case and the book, “The Exorcist.”

For example, Hill claimed Thomas in a meeting with her once said someone “put a pubic hair” on his Coke can as he picked it up off a desk. Hatch noted that on page 70 in the book, “The Exorcist” — which he held up during hearings on Saturday — a similar episode occurred where a person claimed she found an alien pubic hair in a glass of gin.

Hatch claimed Hill confused Thomas with another man and couldn’t change her story due to pressure from “feminist women” in a 2010 interview with CNN:

“I think she actually believed and talked herself into believing what she said. There was a sexual harasser at that time, according to the sources I had, and he was her supervisor, he just wasn’t Clarence Thomas. I think she transposed that to where she believed it because she was outed by the feminist women at that time and she couldn’t change her mind after — she couldn’t change her tune. And that’s what happened.”

Now Hatch, 27 years later, is saying that the Kavanaugh's accuser was "mixed up". Hatch hasn't changed his modus operandi in 27 years.
coldjoint

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:00 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:

Now Hatch, 27 years later, is saying that the Kavanaugh's accuser was "mixed up". Hatch hasn't changed his modus operandi in 27 years.

It is the same trick. Hatch has a good memory.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:09 pm
@mysteryman841,
Quote mysteryman:
Quote:
No, but if it had been brought up during the committee hearings it could have been addressed, investigated, and Justice Kavanaugh could have defended himself.

She did not want to come forward, she feared it would be emotionally devastating. Only when her name was leaked did she decide to come forward. By then, the hearing was over, but no vote had been taken. They can keep re-opening the hearings any time they want, there is no limit on that.

Her apprehension at coming forward has been proven out. She has received death threats and been forced to flee her home for her own safety. Something which you have made clear you are entirely unconcerned about. And the GOP is proposing that she come out of hiding on Monday, with no law enforcement investigation at all, and answer questions from Senators who are not law enforcement officials. The FBI does background checks on nominees for Federal office, so there is no reason for them not to investigate. There is no time limit on how long the committee process takes.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:10 pm
@camlok,
I know you are trying to make a point, and I’m sure you think how you phrased this gibberish make exquisite sense.......but I don’t have a dictionary that helps me translate crazy-pants into English. Sighhhhhhhhhh. And it was probably brilliant.

camlok

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:19 pm
@glitterbag,
camlok: Do you think that a good catholic boy who may be a sexual predator like his former boss, who latched onto Trump simply in order to advance his own crass political agenda wouldn't make a good, level headed, fair and just USSC justice, glitter?

Quote:
but I don’t have a dictionary that helps me translate crazy-pants into English.

There weren't any big words that you would have needed a dictionary for, glitter, except maybe 'fair' 'just' 'a'.

In reality, you don't know what you are trying to say about the English language because you don't know anything about the English language.

Go ahead and critique what I wrote, show all what a language guru you are.

You have advanced that you are a linguist. Crazy, crazy, glitter. All you are trying to do is stick it to me and you failed. But you will still get a thumbs up from the suckholes.
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 10:22 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Why can't you ask real questions about known lies, known fraudulent scientific studies, known US government lies, Walter? Are you afraid that you might have to spring for a motel on your next trip over?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:39 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Let’s just say that Dr. Ford’s life has been ruined

What about Kavanaugh? You can't argue on the issues so you attack the person. This claim is bullshit. The Republicans cannot even see the letter unredacted.

And your moralizing about what girls go through is sexist rhetoric.
camlok

Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:51 pm
@coldjoint,
glitterbag was establishing a hypothetical scenario. I don't believe she was stating it as a total truth.
Builder

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 02:30 am
@camlok,
Quote:
was establishing a hypothetical scenario

Directly before it gets to the emotive crapola.

Can read it like a book.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 02:47 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
“Some critics say that one excerpt of my speech is evidence that I oppose filling a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year,” Mr. Biden said. “This is not an accurate description of my views on the subject.”

from coldjoint's link
hightor

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 04:22 am
Debunking 5 Viral Rumors About Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s Accuser
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 04:27 am
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42059000_10156615235069402_4057151525141610496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f8c887ed9a50e7436612557930f9aba4&oe=5C1E058E
gungasnake

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 04:30 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Quote:
Let’s just say that Dr. Ford’s life has been ruined

GOOD!!!

Hopefully her life has been ruined enough to prevent her from hurting any more innocent people.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 04:44 am
@gungasnake,
How does Bill Mitchell know that the Mueller investigation has no evidence which might implicate Trump in illegal activity? Is he suggesting that the office of the special prosecutor allowed him to review all the evidence compiled so far? And if Mitchell really thinks that "no dirt" (on Trump) has ever been found he must have a very narrow definition of dirt. Authorizing his fixer to pay off a call girl for her silence? Squeaky clean, isn't he.
blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 05:14 am
Quote:
Robert Costa
‏Verified account
@costareports
One plugged-in Republican tells me that several top GOP lawmakers have told colleagues that they hope Ford declines to show up for the hearing even as they issue statements urging her to do so.

Quote:
Steve Schmidt
‏Verified account
@SteveSchmidtSES
Steve Schmidt Retweeted Robert Costa
Every Competent GOP strategist knows the optics of octogenarians like Grassley and Hatch interrogating Dr. Ford as if they were commanders from the Handmaids Tale will create an electoral disaster in Nov. McConnell is first among them. Of course they don’t want her to testify
camlok

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 05:15 am
@hightor,
Quote:
How does Bill Mitchell know that the Mueller investigation has no evidence

Rather funny, not to mention odd, you talking about evidence, hightor.
blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 05:34 am
Note:
A couple of days ago, I wrote a comment that contained an error. Sturgis has kindly corrected me...
Quote:
It was Mattis who made the comment about Trump's lack of intellect, not Kelly.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 05:43 am
@camlok,
Quote:
Rather funny, not to mention odd, you talking about evidence, hightor.

Why? Evidence is required when cases are tried in court. That's why they have investigations.
0 Replies