monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 05:53 am
As others have been noting, Bill Shine is coaching Kavanaugh. Shine, of course, was fired from Fox for helping cover up sexual assaults of senior Fox individuals.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 06:12 am
Trump is getting really pissed about a lack of funding for the Mexico/US border wall (it's a beautiful wall, by the way)
Quote:
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
I want to know, where is the money for Border Security and the WALL in this ridiculous Spending Bill, and where will it come from after the Midterms? Dems are obstructing Law Enforcement and Border Security. REPUBLICANS MUST FINALLY GET TOUGH!
4:43 AM - 20 Sep 2018

Yes, this is how blindingly stupid Trump believes or understands his base to be. Apparently he's right.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 06:34 am
"My mistake was not in underestimating Trump — it was overestimating the electorate.” - Garry Trudeau

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/s8iRH2clsktZeTIAgppjciRd13c=/453x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/IK5HA3Y3XA22BFIXNJT6VMHY3I.jpg
blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 07:09 am
What does a dog whistle sound like when you run it through a bullhorn and into a large Marshall amp?

Quote:
Madeline Peltz
‏@peltzmadeline
Ann Coulter on Kavanaugh: "Any white male can be accused with an evidence free accusation like this."

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 08:08 am
@gungasnake,
******* misogynistic horseshit, one of gungasnaKKKe's specialties.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 08:12 am
@blatham,
Teams found something like 13 ways to breach the prototype sections of the wall. After the breaching, one prototype was so badly damaged it nearly collapsed. Trump sets a stupid idea and then NOTHING will convince hi it's stupid. He just keeps doubling down on it. And that's the way he runs his government.
revelette1

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 08:15 am
@mysteryman841,
Quote:
Guess what...the FBI isn't going to investigate a 30 year old alleged assault by a high school student.

IF anyone is going to investigate, it would be the local authorities.
There is no allegation of a federal crime being committed, and I seriously doubt the local cops are going to waste time and resources on an alleged groping by a high school student 30 years ago.

Quote:
The allegations against Judge Kavanaugh appeared to diminish his public standing, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos poll. Opposition to his confirmation rose by six percentage points to 36 percent in a survey that began before Dr. Blasey went public and continued through Monday after The Post article. Only 31 percent said they support his confirmation, which would rank him among the lowest nominees if he were eventually confirmed.

While Dr. Blasey and Democrats have called for an F.B.I. investigation before a hearing, it is unlikely the bureau would open a criminal investigation of Judge Kavanaugh because Dr. Blasey’s accusations do not involve a potential federal crime. Sexual assault would typically be a state crime, and the passage of more than three decades would make any prosecution problematic, according to legal experts.

Democrats pointed out on Wednesday that the F.B.I. was asked to investigate Anita F. Hill’s sexual harassment claims against Clarence Thomas when he was nominated for the Supreme Court in 1991. But Mr. Grassley said that happened when Ms. Hill’s allegations were still confidential and pointed out that she testified at a hearing only five days after her charges became public, much as Dr. Blasey is being asked to do.

The F.B.I. does conduct background checks on Supreme Court nominees and passes along information to officials running the confirmation process, but it does not make judgments on the credibility of the claims, according to Justice Department guidelines.

The F.B.I.’s role in such matters is to provide information for the use of the decision makers,” according to background check guidelines issued in 2010 during the Obama administration.

While the F.B.I. should “apprise the president or his designated representative” when new information surfaces that raises questions about the suitability of an appointee, “the F.B.I. does not make any judgment about the credibility or significance of any allegation.”

NYT

Quote:
“As the Judiciary Committee has recognized and done before, an F.B.I. investigation of the incident should be the first step in addressing her allegations. A full investigation by law enforcement officials will ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a nonpartisan manner, and that the committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decisions."

NYT

It only took 3 days for the FBI to complete its investigation on the Anita Hill accusation in Clarence Thomas's hearing. Furthermore like Blatham said, the fact that her attorney is suggesting the FBI investigate, speaks well for Ford's credibility.

https://kpax.com/cnn-us-politics/2018/09/19/the-fbi-did-investigate-anita-hills-accusation-and-it-took-3-days/
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 08:20 am
Jay Sekulow wants you to disbelieve your senses, and trust Trump.
0 Replies

Real Music

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 09:37 am
‘So Sad’: President Donald Trump
Delivers Harshest Blow Yet
To Jeff Sessions | Deadline | MSNBC

Published on Sep 19, 2018
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 09:40 am
@hightor,
Quote:
from coldjoint's link

That is because the link s the NYT. Of course it would say that. Biden is just denying what he said and how he said it. Typical bullshit from a politician.
coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 09:41 am
@blatham,
More spam, thanks a lot.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 09:46 am
@blatham,
Quote:
"My mistake was not in underestimating Trump — it was overestimating the electorate.”

The kind of crack that will only help Trump win re-election. Keep it up.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 09:53 am
@blatham,
No that is a specious question.

The demand for an FBI investigation is an obvious ploy to delay the vote. There is no reason why Kavanaugh should join it.

Let the accuser come forward and make her case. If she offers up credible evidence or claims that can be investigated and FBI investigation might be appropriate. Right now there is nothing to investigate. Every person she has identified as a possible "witness" has denied it happened, however I'm quite sure that before this is all over the Dems will "find" someone willing to testify that they were in the room and watched Kavanaugh attack this woman, and they will probably also "find" at least one other woman who will be willing to level a similar vague charge.

It's disgustingly obvious what is going on here, and I can only hope the American people see it for what it is.
coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 09:57 am
Quote:
DNC, Whose No. 2 Was Accused of Abuse by 2 Women, Demands Kavanaugh Investigation

Kind of sums up how much the Democrats care about women. They are just another voting block they could care less about. Ellison is the proof.
Quote:
There's no police report with Kavanaugh and thus nothing to investigate. However there is a police report involving Ellison.

There's one Kavanaugh accuser from ages ago. But there are two Ellison accusers. And the most recent one is... fairly recent.

The Dems seem quite eager to sic the FBI on Kavanaugh. Why not have the FBI look into Ellison's personal life?

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/271377/dnc-whose-no-2-was-accused-abuse-2-women-demands-daniel-greenfield
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:01 am
@MontereyJack,
Perhaps the key election promise Trump made over and over and over again was building a wall and having Mexico pay for it - and the Trump base apparently believed this bigoted and insane promise.

All of which, again, lends robust support for the rightwing claim that the US education system has significant problems..."Just look at us!", they can argue, and it is compelling evidence.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It's disgustingly obvious what is going on here, and I can only hope the American people see it for what it is.

The MSM will never give that impression even if the majority of people do see through it. It will be omitted like anything else that does not advance the narrative of guilt without due process because of how someone thinks not what he did or did not do.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:12 am
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:15 am
https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/2018/09/why-christine-blasey-fords-high-school_19.html

Quote:

Wednesday, September 19, 2018
WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD’S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity

On Monday Sept. 17th, Christine Blasey Ford’s high school yearbooks suddenly disappeared from the web. I read them days before, knew they would be scrubbed, and saved them. Why did I know they would be scrubbed? Because if roles were reversed, and Christine Blasey Ford had been nominated for the Supreme Court by President Trump, the headline by the resistance would be this:

CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD AND THE DRUNKEN WHITE PRIVILEGED RACIST PLAYGIRLS OF HOLTON-ARMS.

And it would be an accurate headline. That’s why the yearbooks have been scrubbed..........

0 Replies