monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Real Music

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 09:13 am
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b8/41/59/b841593d29f0c1edd0c81475a7ad56b2.jpg
camlok

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 09:28 am
@Real Music,
First part, correct, second part is a lie. You can't be this naive, RM. Oh wait, you likely are American.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 10:00 am
Quote:
Russian collusion story collapses. Again

Quote:
I don't know which is more incompetent, CNN or the federal prosecutors. Once again, they screwed up. The draining of the swamp cannot come too soon.

Incompetence seems to be contagious. The meme makers are suffering from it too.
https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/09/russian-collusion-story-collapses-again.html
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:03 am
Real Music began a thread with this video of Fox's Neil Cavuto criticizing Trump. It's worth attending to. I'm not familiar enough with Cavuto to know if his sharp tone (sort of an angry pontification) is unusual or not but the more interesting aspect is
1) Cavuto's implicit thesis is that Trump is doing damage to himself and the conservative agenda by saying things that aren't true (and which provide fodder for his critics)
2) how Cavuto centers the blame with Trump and how he lets other Republicans off the hook.

I'd make the case that this follows the theme being advanced by the "resistance" (the true and good conservatives). A clear differentiation is being advanced here between Trump the individual and all other Republicans/conservatives. Note the very final sentences...
Quote:
That's your stink, Mr President. That's your swamp.

We'll have to wait and see if Fox voices begin turning more and more in this direction. My certainty they will is pretty robust. It will be tricky and will take a while for them to move more universally into an anti-Trump stance given their prior and near-absolute boosterism mainly because Fox is Murdoch's big money spigot and they can't afford to lose the GOP base. But what they can do is what they've done all along - to train that base to think in certain ways.
camlok

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:08 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Real Music began a thread with this video [https://able2know.org/topic/476090-1#post-6709413]of Fox's Neil Cavuto [/url] criticizing Trump. It's worth attending to.

Here is a thread that is definitely worth attending to, Bernie.

I was going to describe how you seem to love hiding in your little cave here, and lo and behold, the first thing I read, you illustrate that you are such a man of the world that you will actually look at other threads, other information.

https://able2know.org/topic/177028-4#post-6709435

0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:11 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
2) how Cavuto centers the blame with Trump and how he lets other Republicans off the hook.

works nicely in conjunction with the NYT op-ed piece

how nice of the NYT to work with the true and pure-hearted US conservatives

bahhhhhh
blatham

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:12 am
Brian Beutler in interview with Elizabeth Warren. Here Worth your time.
blatham

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:13 am
@ehBeth,
You're not gonna drop that one, are ya? Well, my mom could kick the stuffing out of your mom any old day. So there.
0 Replies

camlok

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:15 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
works nicely in conjunction with the NYT op-ed piece

how nice of the NYT to work with the true and pure-hearted US conservatives

bahhhhhh

The NYT works with war criminals and terrorists, Beth, but you know this. Don't many of you do the same thing?

You categorically deny science and reality in order to support much worse than "true and pure-hearted US conservatives".
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:20 am
Quote:
David Axelrod
ā€¸Verified account
@davidaxelrod
95 straight months of job growth.
21 months of @realDonaldTrump.
Do the math.
blatham

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:24 am
And in our Tourism Notes From All Over category

Quote:
Dingo eating a shark while two snakes have sex.
Welcome to Australia.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dme1tefU4AAdJ39.jpg

camlok

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:25 am
@blatham,
While all manner of snake provide cover for criminals, Bernie.
0 Replies

camlok

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:33 am
@blatham,
You have the gall to talk about corruption when y'all are chin high in aiding and abetting corruption, murder and mayhem, Bernie.
0 Replies

camlok

Sun 9 Sep, 2018 11:48 am
@coldjoint,
You conservatives just can't help showing your deeply racist roots. The US was founded on racism and it has remained true to its roots.

Whatever Trudeau's problems are he is not a serial pants on fire liar like Trump and his acolytes.

The whole USA nation lives under a heavily weighted umbrella of lies. Lies covering up the murders of your own citizens, cj. Lies trying to smooth over the murders of millions of innocents and here you are, in the usual highly deceptive USA way, finger pointing at others.