monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Mon 3 Sep, 2018 10:56 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
it was not the most important thing that was occurring at that ceremony.

You mean the three elderly disgusting lechers, drooling over Miz Grande's ass?

What were they doing seated right there for anyways?

Slick Willy had no connection with Aretha, to my knowledge.

If anything, his actions throughout his rather chequered career ( I use that term rather loosely) would place him on her "most despicable" list.
Blickers

Mon 3 Sep, 2018 11:14 pm
@Builder,
Quote Builder:
Quote:
What were they doing seated right there for anyways?

Slick Willy had no connection with Aretha, to my knowledge.

As usual, you don't know much:

How Did Aretha Franklin & Bill Clinton Know Each Other? Their Bond Goes Back Decades
ByParry Ernsberger

https://i.imgur.com/hshgUFI.jpg?1

It seemed as if the whole world was in mourning after Aretha Franklin passed away on Aug. 16. Her funeral is set to celebrate her life in a major way, and will feature performances and speeches from her closest friends — including former President Bill Clinton. If you're wondering how Aretha Franklin and Bill Clinton knew each other, though, you're likely not alone in that question. The two actually go back several decades, starting with his first inauguration in 1993.

Franklin performed "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Misérables at that inauguration, and the first couple invited her back to the White House the following year. In 1994, she sang several songs in the Rose Garden for PBS’s "In Performance at the White House" series, and "rocked so hard that she lost a shoe crossing the stage," according to The Washington Post's coverage of the show.

When reporters asked Franklin what she thought of Clinton at the time, she jokingly replied, "Well, they said he was a bubba, didn't they?" She then continued, "I think he's very down to earth, very decent. That's the impression I get. Someone who is really trying to pull it off, to get a true democracy."

That same year, Franklin became the youngest person to have ever received the Kennedy Center honors at the age of 52, The Chicago Tribune reported. The White House held a reception for all of the honorees that year, and Clinton paid tribute to the singer by joking,

"You could say that Hillary and I went to college and law school with Aretha because there was scarcely a day when we didn't listen to one of her songs."

The Queen of Soul performed for the Clintons yet again in 1997, when she took the stage for the President's second inauguration. In 1999, Clinton awarded her with the National Medal of Arts and Humanities Award, telling the crowd that Franklin "brought sunshine to a rainy day and tenderness to a hardened heart."

So yes, you could say that Clinton and Franklin have definitely spent a significant amount of time together over the years. When news of Franklin's declining health broke several days before her death, Clinton shared an emotional message on Twitter in support of the singer. He and Hillary made a heartfelt, joint statement after her passing, and referred to her as their "friend" in the touching tribute.

Clinton's statement read, in part,

"Hillary and I mourn the loss of our friend Aretha Franklin, one of America's greatest national treasures. For more than 50 years, she stirred our souls. She was elegant, graceful, and utterly uncompromising in her artistry ... I'll always be grateful for her kindness and support ... She will forever be the Queen of Soul and so much more to all who knew her personally and through her music. Our hearts go out to her family and her countless fans."

Franklin and Clinton clearly had a connection that went beyond polite formalities. After counting her as a friend for close to three decades, Clinton will undoubtedly be able to pay proper tribute to the singer at her funeral in Detroit on Aug. 31.
Source
Builder

Mon 3 Sep, 2018 11:29 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
As usual, you don't know much:

Thanks. I do know, and so does everybody else in the world who saw him in action, that he did jack **** to honour Aretha's memory, by blatantly ogling a teenage singer, and not even attempting to make it subtle.

Could almost see him drooling. Lecherous old bastard. The two with him were not much better, but not clearly visibly excited about it.

That's what he'll be remembered for.

Subtle enough for you? Or did you (again) have your blinkers on??
Walter Hinteler

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 12:23 am
https://i.imgur.com/rUNXn5J.jpg
Blickers

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 01:02 am
@Builder,
Quote Builder:
Quote:
I do know, and so does everybody else in the world who saw him in action, that he did jack **** to honour Aretha's memory, by blatantly ogling a teenage singer, and not even attempting to make it subtle.

Blah, blah, blah, you shot your mouth off and were proven wrong. So instead of admitting it and moving on, you borrow some right wing talking points to try to cover. Bill was fine there, he asked Aretha to sing at both his inaugurations and they got to know each other, and you don't like the Clintons so you post middle school speculations about him. At least the kids in middle school have the age excuse-what's yours?
0 Replies

Blickers

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 01:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, it is surprising that Nike chose to make a stand on this. Guess they figure the NFL is going to lose this battle among their target audience.
Olivier5

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 04:24 am
@revelette1,
Yes but who cares about Salvadoran children? They are nobody... Ariana Grande's breast is a far more exiting topic.
blatham

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 06:14 am
Quote:
The Right Is Working the Ref Yet Again. This Time on Facebook—and It’s Working.
Facebook caves to conservative critics by embracing Fox-friendly “news.”
By Eric Alterman

Read this. And if you haven't read Alterman's What Liberal Media?, do so. It is one of a handful of books on media manipulation by the modern right that is a truly educational treatise. You can probably get a copy for five bucks and it will be the best five bucks you've ever spent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/rUNXn5J.jpg
The thug in the picture believes in murdering police officers.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:30 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Yes, it is surprising that Nike chose to make a stand on this. Guess they figure the NFL is going to lose this battle among their target audience.
I am unsure whether murdering police officers will be a winning issue for Nike.

Time will tell I guess.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:31 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
If somebody throws an egg at you as a form of political protest and you gun them down youre pretty much guaranteed 20 to life. Slimy but not a deadly weapon. They might get 30 days.
It remains to be seen whether the Florida popcorn shooter will face any serious jail time.

http://able2know.org/topic/234184-1
oralloy

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Naah, you're just a bunch of cry-baby wannabe nazis, which is to say: you want to be able to spread your hatred without being pelted with eggs.
Name-calling just shows that you have no real arguments against Trump or his supporters.

And if we are violently assaulted, we have the right to gun down our attackers. And then sue them (or their estates) for damages.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:17 am

https://news.grabien.com/story-kavanaugh-hearings-kick-belligerent-shrieking-hecklers
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:20 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
MontereyJack wrote:
Quote:
If somebody throws an egg at you as a form of political protest and you gun them down youre pretty much guaranteed 20 to life. Slimy but not a deadly weapon. They might get 30 days.

It remains to be seen whether the Florida popcorn shooter will face any serious jail time.

Throwing ANYTHING at somebody is a form of assault and not a form of political protest.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:24 am
@Olivier5,
Another stunning hypocrite! Do you care about Iraqi or Afghan children, Olivier. You do know of course that their countries were attacked by some deeply evil western nations all based on the lies of the Bush neo con war criminals.

Yet you back their lies when you know full well they are lies. How evil is that?
oralloy

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:29 am
@camlok,
If they didn't want us to defend ourselves from them, they shouldn't have been murdering innocent Americans.
Glennn

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:30 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
It was subtle.

No, it wasn't subtle. And neither is your offensive defense of a man groping a woman at another woman's funeral.
Quote:
The bishop was clearly trying to pretend he was holding Arianna by the side innocently

No, the bishop was clearly groping a woman at another woman's funeral. You are guilty of pretending that it was innocent. How low can you go?
Quote:
Not subtle would be his hand freely roaming over the front of her dress

You are arbitrarily assigning a degree of seriousness to the bishop's groping. You totally ignore the fact of his intent. You're in denial, man!
Quote:
It's totally wrong

A Freudian slip?
Quote:
You have been focusing laser-like on that one incident during Aretha's memorial and funeral and completely refuse to deal with the whole importance of her life and the ceremony to it.

You're forgetting that it was the bishop who **** all over the ceremony by choosing to grope a woman at another woman's funeral.
Quote:
and the political leaders you do like not receiving invitations.

I've asked you once to show me where I've ever said that I liked any particular politician. You've failed to do so. Your one-demensional mind has led you to believe that my condemnation of Clinton indicates my favoring Trump. All you have to do is produce the post that convinced you that I like Trump, and then we'll know that you're not a liar. But since no such post exists, we know that you're a . . . not so subtle liar.
Quote:
Just how low can you go?

Not so low that I'd call groping a woman at another woman's funeral subtle. And not so low that I'd go after people who condemn such things in order to defend the groper. I'm afraid that that hole is reserved for you.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:33 am
@oralloy,
Nobody from outside the USA murdered any Americans. Elements of the US government murdered 2,996 westerners.

The usual overwhelming USA conceit rears its ugly head again.
oralloy

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:37 am
@camlok,
Nope. 9/11 was perpetrated by Islamic aggressors, who are getting what they deserve when dronestrikes rain thermobaric weapons down on them.

Your false accusations against the US are merely attempts to support these Islamic murderers.
camlok

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:50 am
@oralloy,
There isn't one shred of evidence for any Arab "hijackers".

See the posts on this page before the post noted below.

https://able2know.org/topic/25915-107#post-6706501