monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 01:13 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
US traits:

That would be a fine title for a thread of your own. Start one.
camlok

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Why are you so dishonest, coldjoint? Oh wait, you are a Trump supporter.

You advanced a lie about the US having friends. Henry Kissinger, a staunch conservative, a top war criminal and terrorist in his own right, set you, a know nothing about US foreign crimes and much else, straight on your lie.
coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 01:23 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Why are you so dishonest, coldjoint?

Why are you so stupid?
camlok

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 01:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Isn't it stupid to avoid information that contradicts what you have advanced?
coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 01:59 pm
Meanwhile back in Germany.
Quote:
Eastern Germany Hit by Riots after Deadly Stabbing Spree

Quote:
Demonstrators chant “Merkel must go” and “Close the borders”

Quote:
Chancellor Merkel condemned the “right-wing violence,” but did not mention the brutal murder that led to the rioting.

Looks like Merkel is practicing "kitman" telling half truths that work to her advantage. That she borrowed from Islam. While a good part of the country wants nothing from Islam. The image of Germany protected by some posters is rapidly becoming a lie as more of this manages to emerge from a censored media.
Quote:
Since Chancellor Merkel opened Germany’s borders to unregulated migration in the spring of 2015, the country has been hit by a wave of violent crimes and Islamist terror attacks carried out by immigrants.

After a series of deadly stabbings involving migrant attackers earlier this year, Germany’s national police trade union urged Merkel’s government to deport foreign stabbers and introduce new laws against knife crimes. “Young Arabs” are importing a culture of knife violence into the country,” claimed DPoLG, Germany’s national police union. Needless to say, Merkel’s government failed to take any legislative action to stem the surging stabbing epidemic.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/08/eastern-germany-hit-by-riots-after-deadly-stabbing-spree/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 02:02 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Isn't it stupid to avoid information that contradicts what you have advanced?

You are the expert here on stupid, you tell me.
camlok

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 02:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
You are the expert here on stupid,

It's an easy thing to become an expert on when you are faced with it in myriad posts.

I asked you: "Isn't it stupid to avoid information that contradicts what you have advanced?"

You replied: "... you tell me."

Okay, Yes, it is very stupid to try to weasel out of info that directly contradicts something you have just said. Why didn't you just admit you were wrong and then we could simply move on.?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:20 pm
Quote:
Whistleblower drops Mueller BOMBSHELL (“it was ALL a set-up”)

Quote:
Lovinger told investigative journalist Sara A. Carter the investigation into Trump’s presidential campaign, named Operation Crossfire Hurricane, was “all a set-up” by a paid FBI informant with deep ties to top Russian intelligence agents. That investigation later was used as justification for Mueller’s current probe, which Trump has often dismissed as a partisan “witch hunt.”

Lovinger’s attorney, Sean Bigley, said his client raised concerns that paid FBI informant Stefan Halper — then a Cambridge University professor — had been paid $1 million in taxpayer funded cash to write-up Defense Department foreign policy reports and spy on the Trump campaign.

Lovinger also noticed Halper’s deep political ties to both Russia and the Clinton family and brought the information to his superiors. He claims that decision cost him everything.

Another corrupted department. After Bill Gates resigned a mess of yes men were appointed by Obama to do his bidding while running the DoD into the ground. They(conspirators) have been caught again. Eventually the documents that are being withheld will prove it.
https://thehornnews.com/whistleblower-drops-mueller-bombshell-it-was-all-a-set-up/
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:36 pm
In closed-door meeting, Trump told Christian leaders he got rid of a law. He didn't.

In a closed-door meeting with evangelical leaders Monday night, President Donald Trump repeated his debunked claim that he had gotten "rid of" a law forbidding churches and charitable organizations from endorsing political candidates, according to recorded excerpts reviewed by NBC News.

In fact, the law remains on the books, after efforts to kill it in Congress last year failed.

But Trump cited this alleged accomplishment as one in a series of gains he has made for his conservative Christian supporters, as he warned, "You're one election away from losing everything that you've got," and said their opponents were "violent people" who would overturn these gains "violently."

Trump addressed the law and the upcoming midterms in private remarks Monday during a dinner with evangelical supporters at the White House after the press had left.

At stake in the November midterms, Trump told the audience, are all the gains he has made for conservative Christians.

"The level of hatred, the level of anger is unbelievable," he said. "Part of it is because of some of the things I've done for you and for me and for my family, but I've done them. … This Nov. 6 election is very much a referendum on not only me, it's a referendum on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment."

If the GOP loses, he said, "they will overturn everything that we've done and they'll do it quickly and violently, and violently. There's violence. When you look at Antifa and you look at some of these groups — these are violent people."

The law that Trump says he got rid of is the so-called Johnson Amendment, a provision inserted into law in 1954 by then-senator and future President Lyndon Johnson of Texas, who was miffed that a conservative nonprofit group was helping his opponent.

The law says churches and charities "are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office."

"Now one of the things I'm most proud of is getting rid of the Johnson Amendment," the president said. "That was a disaster for you."

The president doesn't have the power to repeal a law — only Congress can do that. The Supreme Court can also rule a law unconstitutional, but that has not happened in this case.

In May 2017, Trump signed an executive order that purported to ease enforcement of the Johnson Amendment. But experts — and the American Civil Liberties Union, which opposes repeal of the provision — say the Trump order was basically toothless.

"It does almost nothing," Gregory Magarian, a constitutional law professor at Washington University Law School.

Politifact, the nonpartisan fact-checking organization, rated Trump's claim that he had gotten rid of the Johnson Amendment "mostly false" when he first made it publicly in July 2017.

The law forbids religious organizations and other charities from formally endorsing candidates if they want to retain their federal tax exemption.

Trump's executive order instructs the Treasury Department not to "take any adverse action against any individual, house of worship, or other religious organization on the basis that such individual or organization speaks or has spoken about moral or political issues from a religious perspective, where speech of similar character has, consistent with law, not ordinarily been treated as participation or intervention in a political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) a candidate for public office … "

Image: Donald TrumpPresident Donald Trump speaks during a dinner for evangelical leaders in the State Dining Room of the White House, Monday, Aug. 27, 2018, in Washington.Alex Brandon / AP

In other words, religious organizations can express their religious views, as they always could — but still cannot formally participate in political campaigns.

Trump said to the religious leaders at the White House: "Now you're not silenced anymore. It's gone and there's no penalty anymore and if you like somebody or if you don't like somebody you can go out and say, 'This man is going to be great for evangelicals, or for Christianity or for another religion. This person is somebody that I like and I'm going to talk about it on Sunday."

In practice, there has been nothing stopping anyone from doing that. The Johnson Amendment doesn't prohibit individual speech, and it has rarely been enforced.

More than 2,000 mainly evangelical Christian clergy have deliberately violated the law since 2008 as a form of protest against it, but only one has been audited by the IRS, and none punished, according to the Alliance Defending Freedom, a pro-religious group.

A provision to overturn the amendment was included in last year's tax cut bill, but it was ultimately removed for procedural reasons.

Trump "doesn't have the legal authority to overturn the Johnson Amendment," Magarian said.

"You would think," Magarian added, "that the conservative religious leaders would get impatient at the continued repetition of that claim" that Trump has repealed it.

In the beginning of his private remarks to the evangelical leaders, Trump cited a comment he said was made by Robert Jeffress, a Southern Baptist leader who is one of his religious allies

"I had the great Robert Jeffress back there. Hello, Robert. Who said about me: He may not be the perfect human being, but he is the greatest leader for Christianity," Trump said to applause and laughter.

He added: "Hopefully I've proven that to be a fact in terms of the second part. Not the first part."

Later, Trump raised an issue that has become fodder for late night comedy shows.

"Little thing — Merry Christmas. You couldn't say Merry Christmas," Trump said. "I'm telling you — when I started running I used to talk about it and I hate to mention it in August, but I used to talk about it. They don't say Merry Christmas anymore."

Trump added, to applause: "They say Merry Christmas a lot right now. It's all changed. It's all changed."
coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:40 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
In closed-door meeting, Trump told Christian leaders he got rid of a law. He didn't.

Wouldn't that be the Christians problem? It is not like anyone cares about Christians on the Left.
Quote:
Later, Trump raised an issue that has become fodder for late night comedy shows.

Thanks to Trump they are not comedy shows anymore, they are liberal soap operas filled with gossip and hate for most Americans.
maporsche

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:53 pm
@coldjoint,
I don’t care about the Christian child raping cartel that exists worldwide but many/most Democrats would claim to be Christians.
gungasnake

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:54 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
Isn't this theft of the Chagos Islanders lands exactly the kind of thing German Nazis were hung for, Walter?

Not quite. The German Nazi leaders were hanged for planning and prosecution of aggressive wars. Sort of like Kosovo and Libya...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:59 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
A little more on Germany because the members here need to stay informed of the wrong headed messages we get from some posters.....

A really good assessment.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 04:59 pm
Quote:
After 33 years of decorated service, Gen. Michael Flynn has been silenced by Robert Mueller

Quote:
There’s a reason why you haven’t heard much from Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn lately. The man who served his country honorably for 33 years has been effectively silenced by special counsel Robert Mueller as he awaits sentencing.

Given the circumstances of his plea deal, Flynn cannot speak publicly about anything related to the charges against him. Doing so could void his plea agreement with Mueller’s team and open him up to further legal proceedings that he is financially unable to defend himself against.

They(Deep State) has accomplished what they wanted Flynn is out of government. That was almost as important as getting Trump. Flynn's stand on Islam is based on fact. That is so dangerous to the narrative on Islam from the MSM and whining politicians. If these views became public the public explanation could only be accomplished by presenting the facts and connecting the obvious dots. They do not want Americans knowing what the religion actually says.
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/after-33-years-of-decorated-service-gen-michael-flynn-has-been-silenced-by-robert-mueller/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 05:11 pm
Quote:
FBI Disputes Claim That DOJ Used Leaked Stories It Planted To Get FISA Warrants

Busted again. These people were our professionals? More slap in the face obvious corruption and severe abuses of power. Isn't high time to indict some of these people?

Quote:
UPDATE: The FBI is disputing claims that the bureau leaked information to news media and then used those same stories in their applications to obtain a warrant to surveil members of the Trump campaign throughout the 2016 election.

An earlier version of a story published by the Daily Caller News Foundation reported that FBI Special Agent Jonathan Moffa told members of the House Judiciary and House Oversight Committees in a closed-door session on Friday that “the FBI/DOJ have previously leaked info to the press and then used stories from the press as justifications for FISA warrants.”

The FBI has disputed this account of Moffa’s testimony, saying that it’s “not true,” an FBI official said.

After pushback from the FBI, the DCNF has reported that the source said there was “‘internal miscommunication’ regarding statements of Moffa’s testimony.”
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 07:49 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I don’t care about the Christian child raping cartel

I wouldn't think you would. How about the religion that condones rape and uses it as a weapon of war. Care about that one?
maporsche

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 08:06 pm
@coldjoint,
I’m talking about a subset of the Christian religion. Not the whole religion. That should have been clear.
Below viewing threshold (view)
camlok

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 09:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
There is nothing in Christian doctrine that allows child sexual abuse. Period.

Tell that to all the myriad sexual perverts, [and then all the cover ups], who come from every denomination, all "christian".
coldjoint

Tue 28 Aug, 2018 09:33 pm
@camlok,

Quote:
Tell that to all the myriad sexual perverts,

They know.