monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Setanta

Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:52 pm
To link President Plump to Theodore Roosevelt is, of course, purest horseshit. The Roosevelts were an old, old New York family who would not have given the time of day to Fred Trump or his idiot child son.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 12:08 am
Teddy Roosevelt should never be mentioned in a paragraph about the Trump family.........if you want to discuss the military experience of the Trump family, you are out of luck, since the Trump men love the military but just think it’s something that they don’t need to participate in......not when there are all those real estate schemes that are a national emergency.....hey, it’s lucrative and somebody should profit.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 12:14 am
It is also false that Roosevelt had the same ideas on immigration as President Plump. In January, 1919, just days before his death, he wrote:

Quote:
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." (emphasis added)

Roosevelt would never have sought to exclude someone because they were Muslim, or came from any particular country. One of the greatest annoyances he had as President was the racist pukes on the west coast who discriminated against the Chinese and the Japanese.

The amount of bullshit peddled in this thread by the conservative/Tory clique is really disgusting.
Olivier5

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 01:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Tough. You don’t publically call the president of the Unites States a traitor if you are a “patriot”

On the contrary, you can't call Trump anything else than a traitor, if you are a true patriot.
Setanta

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 03:45 am
I thought I'd point this out to you, before I report your post for name-calling. Your reading comprehension skills seem rather poor. From Snopes, the source you cited: The comments quoted at this head of the page are more in the same vein; excerpts not from (as claimed in the accompanying text) a statement made by Theodore Roosevelt in 1907 (while he was still President), but from a letter written shortly before his death in January 1919, just a few months after the armistice that ended the fighting in World War I . . .

What part of " . . . it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin . . ." did you not understand? President Plump specifically placed a travel ban on Muslims (creed, ya know?) from specified nations (birthplace, origin). Of course, what was pathetic about that idiot's travel ban was that it did not include Saudi Arabia, the Lebanon or Egypt--the nations from which the September 11th attackers came. It also did not include Afghanistan, which is where the parents of the Orlando shooter came from. It did not include Pakistan, where the parents of the San Bernardino shooter came from, and where his wife, who joined him in the shooting, had been born. It did not include Jordan or Kuwait, where the Chattanooga shooter had been born and from whence he immigrated. Had Plump's program been in effect for the last 30 years, it would not have prevented those shooters from coming here, or their parents from coming here. But that's simple, because Plump is a moron. It was all a fairy tale to make it look like he cares, and he's doing something about it.

Now, off to see if I can get your post pulled.
hightor

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 04:32 am
Fracking is destroying U.S. water supply, warns shocking new study
Quote:
An alarming new study reveals fracking is quite simply destroying America’s water supply.

That means we are losing potable water forever in many semi-arid regions of the country, while simultaneously producing more carbon pollution that in turn is driving ever-worsening droughts in those same regions, as fracking expert Anthony Ingraffea, a professor at Cornell University, explained to ThinkProgress.

The game-changing study from Duke University found that “from 2011 to 2016, the water use per well increased up to 770 percent.” In addition, the toxic wastewater produced in the first year of production jumped up to 1440 percent.

“Previous studies suggested hydraulic fracturing does not use significantly more water than other energy sources, but those findings were based only on aggregated data from the early years of fracking,” explained co-author Avner Vengosh, a professor of geochemistry and water quality at Duke.

“After more than a decade of fracking operation, we now have more years of data to draw upon from multiple verifiable sources,” said Vengosh. The researchers looked at data on water used — and oil, gas, and wastewater produced — for over 12,000 wells from 2011 to 2016.

Ingraffea, who was not involved in the study, explained that while first generation wells used 3 to 5 millions gallons of water, current third generation wells use 10 to 30 million gallons. Ingraffea — who worked with the fossil fuel industry for three decades and has been co-editor-in-chief of the journal Engineering Fracture Mechanics since 2005 — noted that the federal government “forecasts a million more such wells in the next 20 years.”

That would mean trillions of gallons of water used.

The Duke study warns that the water footprint of fracking could jump as much as 50-fold in some areas by 2030, “raising concerns about its sustainability, particularly in arid or semi-arid regions in western states, or other areas where groundwater supplies are stressed.”

As their analysis shows, some of the fracking sites that are seeing the biggest jump in water footprint per well — like the Permian and Eagle Ford Basins — are also located in highly water-stressed areas (see chart below).

One key point the study makes is that, unlike other energy sources, much of the water fracking uses is essentially lost to humanity. Either the water doesn’t escape the shale formation or, when it does come back to the surface, it “is highly saline, is difficult to treat, and is often disposed through deep injection wells.”

Therefore, even though other forms of energy have a higher intensity of water use, “the permanent loss of water use for hydraulic fracturing from the hydrosphere” may still be higher.

The study also points out that the world has seen “rapidly diminishing global water resources due to population growth and climate change.”

Yet countless studies show that because the fracking process leaks so much methane — a highly potent greenhouse gas — fracked gas isn’t a climate solution. In fact, “natural gas could warm the planet as much as coal in the short term,” one major 24-author study from June concluded. So those who continue touting fracked gas as a bridge to a low-carbon future are not keeping up with the latest science.

And so we have the tragic situation where we are using up one of our most precious non-renewable resources, water, to produce oil and gas, which worsens the stress on our water system.

As Ingraffea put it, “shale gas/oil is exchanging absurd volumes of water for absurd volumes of fossil fuels at a time where using the latter is jeopardizing the availability of the former.” At the same time, fracking “is exchanging precious volumes of water usable for drinking and farming for toxic volumes of wastewater most of which has to be transported and injected underground,” at grave risk to underground sources of drinking water. Finally, “most of what is not transported and injected stays underground, an exchange of H2O for CO2.” Therefore, almost all of what arrives at a well is forever lost to the water cycle.”

Fracking is truly a Faustian bargain.

source

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 05:40 am
Quote:

‎Joshua Jaxx‎ to #WalkAway Campaign
Yesterday at 3:21 AM ·
I'm Jaxx from Baltimore. As of February of this year my city was named the most dangerous in America. It's been run by democrats(mostly black) for 50 years and I've seen it rot from inside out. Rats the size of cats. Heroin so strong that it turns people into walking zombies. Sky high std and teen birth rates and homicides daily. The leaders here don't care about the community. All they care about is making their pockets fat. 3 years ago during the Freddie Gray riots I finally started to see the bullshit and brainwashing by the leftstream media. I began having hundreds of discussions and debates with fellow liberal friends at that time and after a few thousand discussions, the outcome was the same from both black and white liberals. Uncle Tom,Coon,Sellout, traitor were the insults thrown at me and now in 2018 a Russian bot although I'm dark skinned from a chocolate city 😂😂. My conclusion is that trying to educate the left is as impossible as explaining to a three year old why eating candy all day is not healthy. I'm now an independent conservative and Trump will get my vote in 2020. I create music to talk about the harsh reality of where I'm from and on a video I plan to wear a #WalkAway shirt gladly. Peace everyone black,white, hispanic,Asian and all colors.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39442230_135289434068267_6338109884684304384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5130a89f961c117aac0849fb8aa0b085&oe=5BEF0AC0

Walk away from the insanity and hate. Walk away from the racism and gangsterism. Walk away from the crime syndicate which is the demokkkrat party. If Joshua Jaxx can do it, so can you.

hightor

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 05:57 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Tough. You don’t publically call the president of the Unites States a traitor if you are a “patriot”

That's debatable. What if you sincerely believe that the president is incompetent, dishonest, or has violated his oath of office? Here's a dictionary definition of "patriot":
Quote:
a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

So unless someone is privy to the inner workings of Brennan's brain I don't see how we establish that his devotion falls short of what's required to be truly "patriotic". Obviously different people have different conceptions of what it means to be a "patriot". I doubt that uncritical support of a sitting president is a widely accepted criterion.
Quote:
Nor do spy on members of Congress and then lie about it.

Publicly revealing the existence of a top secret intelligence program would be considered disgracefully "unpatriotic" in some circles.
Quote:
Your tolerance of his disgraceful behavior is remarkable but telling

What you think I "tolerate" is totally irrelevant. Why personalize the discussion? Any alleged hypocrisy on my part doesn't change the fact that you made this statement:
Quote:
He's calling POTUS a traitor for meeting with Putin.

I disagreed and pointed out that Trump was criticized for his behavior, not for simply meeting with Putin. Tough.

hightor

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 06:01 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
@WalshFreedom

I wanted a distributive force. And I understood that disruption would be messy. But I did not want, and I can not accept, a dishonest bully who purposely lies to the American people every single day and who regularly places his own interests above the country's interests.

Nope.
8:56 PM - 16 Aug 2018

If Joe Walsh can do it, so can you!

https://i.redd.it/d2ziw5ew9ag11.jpg
If Mary Kathleen Logel can do it, so can you!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 07:04 am
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/08/an_embarrassment_to_the_cia.html#.W3b3e4xlOo8.facebook
hightor

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 07:38 am
@gungasnake,
Silvio Canto Jr wrote:
Can you find another example of a former CIA director who was that partisan after leaving office?

Can you find another example of a sitting president who lies repeatedly, talks like a simpleton, insults our allies, encourages divisiveness, tries to undercut the efforts of his justice department, and openly denigrates the intelligence community?
revelette1

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 07:55 am
I know the administration will clean it up Trump admitting he revoked Brennan's clearance because of the "rigged witch hunt." But I wonder if those words fall under obstruction of justice since Brennan was one of the intelligence officers who signed off the Russian interference of 2016 election?

Trump connects revoking Brennan's security clearance to Russia investigation

Quote:

"I call it the rigged witch hunt, (it) is a sham. And these people led it!" Trump said in the interview, a full transcript of which was not immediately published by the newspaper. "So I think it's something that had to be done."

Quote:
In an interview on CNN's "New Day" Thursday, Clapper called Trump's drawn connection from the Russia investigation to revoking Brennan's clearance a "candid admission" and "very disturbing."

"I find it very disturbing that here we were in compliance with a request of the then-President of the United States to put into one document our insight and knowledge of the profound threat that Russia posed to this country," Clapper said. "And now, apparently, we're being punished for this. John (Brennan) already has been."

CNN national security analyst Lisa Monaco, a former Obama Homeland security and counterterrorism adviser, echoed Clapper's remarks, saying on "New Day" that Trump's interview revealed "a stunningly candid and disturbing admission on the President's part."
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:33 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
President Plump specifically placed a travel ban on Muslims

You are burned out and you are lying. Trump banned people from countries that have serious issues with terror. That they are Muslims really has little to do with it. Remember Obama had the same countries on the list.
Quote:
it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin

Trump is simply not doing that. You can say he is but that does not make it true. They both want immigrants to strive to be 100% American or do not bother to come.

Quote:
Now, off to see if I can get your post pulled.

Why? Who the Hell died and made you boss? A quote by Roosevelt pulled for what because you do not like the truth. What good are you to any kind of rational discussion. Pulling posts is what Nazis do. What does that make you?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:34 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

maporsche wrote:
You can’t strongly disagree with the president and also be a patriot?

The juxtaposition of a discussion of treason is interesting. Theodore Roosevelt, Jr., twenty-sixth President of the United States, is one of the most popular Republican politicians in American history. In an editorial in The Kansas City Star, written in May, 1918, he wrote:

Quote:
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

interestingly this quote by Roosevelt was used regularly by the conservatives on this site during the Obama presidency.

they claimed to be doing their patriotic duty by criticizing President Obama

nowwwwwwwwww criticism of #45 is a bad bad thing

yeah right
coldjoint

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:38 am
Quote:
Theodore Roosevelt’s ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American … There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Here is what TR said, and it is the same thing Trump wants. If this post is pulled because someone does not like the truth, the rest goes without saying.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sole-loyalty/
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:49 am
@ehBeth,
Criticism of any president is not a bad thing. Who has said it is other than those Obama supporters who assigned it's motivation to racism?

It's not that Brennan is criticizing the president that is disgraceful, it's the manner in which he has chosen to do so. It's as equally disgraceful as the insistence that Obama was a traitor: a Muslim sleeper agent.

It's also his conduct in office. Spying on the offices of congressmen & women and then lying about it to their faces.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:50 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
“There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance.” – Teddy Roosevelt, New York City, 1912

7 years before his death. That is exactly what Trumps wants.
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/teddy-roosevelt-has-the-perfect-answer-for-todays-muslim-migrant-immigration-crisis/
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:58 am
@maporsche,
You never once saw me support the notion that Obama was a traitor and if any high ranking, former member of the Bush Administration had called him one I would have found it equally disgraceful.

What can't be true is that when you allow your ego, personal passion, and partisan bias to fuel a continuous tirade of completely over-the-top criticism, you are being patriotic.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 12:00 pm
@Blickers,
As agitprop agents go, I have to reluctantly admit that you're not bad. Surely your handlers will recognize this and promote you.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 18 Aug, 2018 12:02 pm
@Olivier5,
How droll
0 Replies