monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:27 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I think we mean the same thing.

Of course you do, it is called "group think".
0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:47 pm
@blatham,
Asymmetrically overgrown right amygdalas in the brain are the cause of conservatism. If the asymmetry gets any larger, the diagnosis shifts from "conservative" to "PTSD". This is why the right wing media keeps bombarding its audience with seeming crisis after crisis, all the while warning them that they must not stray from approved right-wing sources. To gain and keep right wing converts, the right wing has to mimic on media the high-stress environments that cause PTSD on the battlefield.

Conservatives are afraid if their rightie audience moves away from the conservative media onslaught, even for a little while, their conservatism might go into remission.
ncbi

https://i.imgur.com/S4ThXwi.jpg
coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:13 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Conservatives are afraid if their rightie audience moves away from the conservative media onslaught, even for a little while, their conservatism might go into remission.

Is that why liberals shout down conservative speakers or start violent riots so people do not hear Conservative views. Is that why social media censors or shadow bans conservatives? Is that why the IRS was weaponized to take exemptions away from conservative groups? They want no other ideas but theirs heard.

Do you know and acknowledge that fact? Or should I wait for a group answer?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:15 pm
@coldjoint,
You're a very confused person. Let me explain it to you as uf you were a child: Trump and Pence have sold the US presidency to Russia. They belong in jail.
Builder

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 02:20 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
They belong in jail.

You seem completely confused here. Clinton and her criminal cohorts in the DOJ and CIA are the ones heading for a prison cell.

Thinking that "getting along" with Russia's representatives is a crime, or an impeachable offense, is curious, after the fact, considering how much moolah Clinton attracted from the same source.
Olivier5

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:31 am
@Builder,
These are not mutually exclusive... As traitors to the American people, Trump and Pence do belong in jail. (or perhaps to the electric chair, I don't really know)

If Clinton can be proven guilty of something, she might belong in jail too... It's not either/or.
gungasnake

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 04:41 am
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37534598_1031691057000412_5441647203808444416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1fc390fe119d6ffb41950b5b4f189651&oe=5BDE529D
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 04:43 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Clinton and her criminal cohorts in the DOJ and CIA are the ones heading for a prison cell.

Oh, they've been found guilty? No? Oh, we're waiting for the jury to announce its decision? No? Oh, you mean they've been indicted and are facing trial? No? Maybe you mean that a grand jury has been summoned to investigate the charges? No? Well it's sort of hard to believe these people are headed for a prison cell independent of any judicial action. Is it a secret prison or something? Or just fake news?
Lash

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 04:47 am
@hightor,
Trump and Pence haven’t been found guilty of anything either, yet, but there’s a guy here calling for their executions.
gungasnake

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 05:09 am
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/07/house-conservatives-smack-down-adam-schiffs-motion-to-subpoena-trumps-interpreter-in-putin-meeting/

Quote:
The Democrats are so unhinged and so afraid of what President Trump may have discussed with Putin in a private meeting, they are calling for the president’s interpreter to appear in a hearing on Capitol Hill.

To hell with the interpreter’s professional ethics, executive privilege or government rules, right, Democrats?

On Thursday, Ranking Member of the House Intel Committee, Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) made a motion to subpoena Trump’s interpreter.

The Majority promptly rejected Schiff’s motion and voted it down.

Quote:

The Democrats and Obama’s Deep State thugs lost their minds over Trump’s meeting with Putin.

During the presser with President Trump, Russian President Putin dropped a bomb on the Deep State members in the intelligence community, the Obama Administration and the Clintons.

Quote:
“For instance, we can bring up Mr. Browder, in this particular case. Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over $1.5 billion in Russia and never paid any taxes neither in Russia or the United States and yet the money escaped the country. They were transferred to the United States. They sent [a] huge amount of money, $400,000 as a contribution to the campaign of Hillary Clinton,” Putin said.

On Wednesday, the White House confirmed Vladimir Putin asked President Trump in the private meeting if Russia could interview Obama’s Ambassador Michael McFaul over alleged financial crimes involving Browder.

In President Trump's place, I'd send the dickhead straight over there in a cage on a UPS flight along with a book on medieval tortures which might aid in getting information out of him....
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 05:32 am
@Lash,
Quote:
there’s a guy here calling for their executions.

Who would that be?
Lash

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 05:49 am
@Olivier5,
Some crazy Frenchy.
hightor

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:12 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Trump and Pence haven’t been found guilty of anything either, yet, but there’s a guy here calling for their executions.

That's not the same as stating that they are actually headed for the execution chamber. It might be a bit over the top but it doesn't reveal the same propensity to disseminate misinformation.
Olivier5

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:33 am
@Lash,
I didn't "call" for Trump's and Pence's execution. I just said I was not sure exactly which punishment was required for treason in US law. I take it you think that the death penalty would be too severe in their case?
Lash

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:37 am
@hightor,
You know Builder’s comment was a figure of speech, and yes, milder than saying we should execute someone. Why you front so much?

blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:38 am
@glitterbag,
I suppose it is possible that some conservative notions are lacking in the whole coherence thing.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:40 am
@Blickers,
Broken link.
Lash

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:46 am
@Olivier5,
I take it that no specific wrongdoing has even been alleged, much less proven.

At this point, all we have is a bunch of outrageously inappropriate statements by Trump. Pence isn’t even on the radar.
ehBeth

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:52 am
@blatham,
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3092984/

Quote:
Substantial differences exist in the cognitive styles of liberals and conservatives on psychological measures [1]. Variability in political attitudes reflects genetic influences and their interaction with environmental factors [2, 3]. Recent work has shown a correlation between liberalism and conflict-related activity measured by event-related potentials originating in the anterior cingulate cortex [4]. Here we show that this functional correlate of political attitudes has a counterpart in brain structure. In a large sample of young adults, we related self-reported political attitudes to gray matter volume using structural MRI. We found that greater liberalism was associated with increased gray matter volume in the anterior cingulate cortex, whereas greater conservatism was associated with increased volume of the right amygdala. These results were replicated in an independent sample of additional participants. Our findings extend previous observations that political attitudes reflect differences in self-regulatory conflict monitoring [4] and recognition of emotional faces [5] by showing that such attitudes are reflected in human brain structure. Although our data do not determine whether these regions play a causal role in the formation of political attitudes, they converge with previous work [4, 6] to suggest a possible link between brain structure and psychological mechanisms that mediate political attitudes.

much more at the link

__

article further cited in

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3092984/citedby/

blatham

Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:53 am
From Blake Hounsell
Quote:
When I wrote, back in February, that I was skeptical that President Donald Trump would ever be proved to have secretly colluded with Russia to sway the 2016 election in his favor, I mistyped.

What I meant to write was that I wasn’t skeptical.

Last week’s events have nullified my previous skepticism.
Politico
0 Replies