monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:54 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
The US rounded up 13 or 14 deep cover Russian spies who were here illegally, we could have prosecuted them for spying but we swapped them for Skriple to save his life.....now the spy’s we sent back to mother Russia are living large and in no danger of being poisoned by the Yanks or the Brits......but Skriple was targeted for assassination. The point you seem to be missing is you cannot trust the Russians.
Have the CIA kill off the spies that we sent back. Problem solved.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I think it's safe to say that it is the left that is totally unhinged after the Russia summit.
You refer to something like ... On Monday, Trump praised a proposal from Vladimir Putin as an "incredible offer". Two days later, his press secretary said Trump saw it as an "interesting idea". Then today, the White House rejected the notion. ...?
layman

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:02 pm
Putin claimed, publicly, that they could prove that the CIA helped one of their criminals donate $600,000 to Hillary Clinton's campaign. He was cool with that, since they also helped him smuggle out billions in ill-gotten gains to keep for himself.

This is why the left was insisting that Trump had to cancel his meeting with Putin. They had plenty of blackmail material on a U.S. presidential candidate, but it wasn't Trump. Since its of no further use to him to withhold, cause she'll never be in a position of power again, he's exposing her sorry ass.

The whole "russian collusion" narrative kinda back-fired, eh?

Walter Hinteler

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:09 pm
@layman,
He might have "misspoken" - quite common among presidents recently.
lmur

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Could be quite useful in a divorce case. "I meant to say 'I don't'."
oralloy

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I think it's safe to say that it is the left that is totally unhinged after the Russia summit.
You refer to something like ... On Monday, Trump praised a proposal from Vladimir Putin as an "incredible offer". Two days later, his press secretary said Trump saw it as an "interesting idea". Then today, the White House rejected the notion. ...?
I'm referring to all the TDS histrionics that is going on.

I'm not paying much attention to any offers, or Trump's response to those offers, other than to roll my eyes at all the leftist hysteria.

Most of my focus right now is on:

a) transitioning from Symantec to McAfee when my Norton subscription runs out in a few months. Symantec thinks that the government should take everybody's guns away.

b) verifying that the new Mission Impossible movie will be released in 4K resolution. If it is, I want to go see it on a 70 foot screen. 4K on a 70 foot screen is exquisite.

c) wondering if I should bother to defend that cool new megalodon movie from all the grumps in the Jurassic Park thread who won't even give the movie a chance.

I'm also feeling like I am not spending enough of my free time playing World of Warcraft. I think I need to rebalance my priorities a little bit.
revelette1

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:34 pm
President Donald Trump has asked national security adviser John Bolton to invite Russian President Vladimir Putin to Washington in the fall.

Senate approves resolution warning Trump not to hand over US officials
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:40 pm
@lmur,
lmur wrote:

Could be quite useful in a divorce case. "I meant to say 'I don't'."

I never intended for my wife to take anything I said about her literally; I swear. Wait, I meant I don't swear.
maporsche

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:48 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

a year and a week later, I'm still in agreement with this

Quote:
an ineffective, always on defense, foot in his mouth Trump is much more preferable to a (possibly) effective Pence presidency.

Yep, not much has changed for me and that quote either.

Still way better than Pence.
maporsche

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:52 pm
@maporsche,
Pastor: Do you take this woman to be your wife:
Trump: "I do"

years later in the divorce proceedings

Judge: "You are claiming you're not married."
Trump: I meant to say "I don't"
Judge: "That doesn't make sense, all of your actions around this issue have been consistent with your first answer."
Trump: "Fake-Judge. Lying MSM."

0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 02:58 pm
Putin appears to be targeting U.S. officials who worked to sanction Russia

coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:09 pm
Quote:
Wikileaks: CIA can make cyberattacks look like they originate from Russia

From March, last year. I can't read everything. You have to believe someone and in this case Wikileaks seems to have more credibility than the MSM or Brennan's CIA.
Quote:
The Hill reported in December:

John Bolton, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations who has been floated for a possible role in President-elect Donald Trump’s State Department, questioned reports of Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election.

“It is not at all clear to me, just viewing this from the outside, that this hacking into the [Democratic National Committee] and the [Republican National Committee] was not a false flag operation,” he told Fox News’s Eric Shawn on Sunday.

When pressed about his use of the phrase “false flag” and whether he was accusing an entity in the U.S. of involvement, Bolton said, “We just don’t know.”

“But I believe that intelligence has been politicized in the Obama administration to a very significant degree.”

We have yet to see one shred of evidence connecting Vladimir Putin to Wikileaks or proving Moscow was behind the hacks of the Democratic Party.

Did Russia really hack the DNC? Or did deep state elements of the CIA simply make it appear as if it was the Kremlin in order to undermine Trump?

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wikileaks-cia-can-make-cyberattacks-look-like-originate-russia/
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:12 pm
@revelette1,

I wish could tell you I’m shocked.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:23 pm
Quote:
Unfortunately, President Trump Is Right, Much of the Media Is Agitating for a War With Russia

Quote:
To me, it is an inescapable fact that a large number of political pundits are actually pushing for some kind of armed confrontation with Russia. You can’t call what Russia did in 2016 the equivalent of 9/11 or Pearl Harbor without following through to the next logical step, because both 9/11 and Pearl Harbor resulted in extensive military operations with lots of things being blown up. You can’t credibly complain that Russia committed an “act of war” without endorsing retaliation in kind. You can’t accuse the President of “treason” without first declaring war on Russia.

Idiots in the MSM. Idiots in Congress.
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/07/19/unfortunately-president-trump-right-much-media-agitating-war-russia/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=unfortunately-president-trump-right-much-media-agitating-war-russia&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 03:32 pm
Quote:
Meddling? Collusion? Brazile, Hillary, Rice, Obama Gave Russian Hackers Carte Blanche

http://www.floppingaces.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/RussianHackers6a-1.jpg
Quote:
Indifference to Russian meddling was rampant throughout an Obama administration that could have done something about it but didn’t. Obama was certain Hillary Clinton would win so why ruffle Putin’s feathers unnecessarily particularly after you colluded with him to scuttle European missile defense as proof of your “flexibility”.

But it was more than indifference – marching ordrs were given not to conduct an investigation on Russian meddling on Obama’s watch:

And in June left-leaning Mother Jones reported in March that President Barack Obama’s National Security Advisor, Susan Rice, ordered officials to ‘stand down’ as Russia allegedly attempted to meddle in the 2016 presidential election:

Why is Obama getting a pass, or his people?
http://www.floppingaces.net/2018/07/19/meddling-collusion-brazile-hillary-rice-obama-gave-russian-hackers-carte-blanche/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:00 pm
Quote:
NEW POLL: OVERWHELMING MAJORITY Of Republicans Support Way Trump Handled Putin Press Conference
Jul 19, 2018

Quote:
Now, Trump supporters are responding with a poll that is sure to let the air out of the Democrat Party’s tires…

The Daily Caller is now reporting that an overwhelming majority of self-identified Republicans support the way President Trump handled his press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier this week, according to an Axios poll that was released Thursday morning.

Of the Republicans who voted, 79 percent said they are supportive of Trump’s handling of the conference. Conversely, only 18 percent of Republicans said they did not approve of it. That leaves only 3 percent of Republicans undecided on the president’s performance at the conference.

The MSM will not tell you how many support Trump, why is that? These people vote, which accomplishes more than constant whining and hand wringing by condescending fools who actually think someone believes them.
https://100percentfedup.com/new-poll-overwhelming-majority-of-republicans-support-way-trump-handled-putin-press-conference/
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Montenegro's an interesting target.

Rothschilds and rich Russians.

https://torontolife.com/city/destination-munkistan/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/25/montenegro-tensions-russia-joins-nato-member

Quote:
Montenegro finds itself at heart of tensions with Russia as it joins Nato

don't want trouble with #45? don't mess with Russia
coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:10 pm
Quote:
Hillary Clinton Just Accused Trump of Not Defending a Diplomat – Seriously

Here she is. I feel better now that she has put her foot in her big mouth again, all the way up to her cankle. How did she do protecting Ambassador Stevens? She is worried this living ambassador knows too much.
Quote:
It was Clinton who served as Secretary of State under then-President Obama when she ‘hesitated to defend a diplomat’ named Chris Stevens in Benghazi.

Not only did the Clinton State Department fail to provide adequate security for Ambassador Stevens leading up to the September 11, 2012 attack, but they failed to defend him during the attack.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-michael-mcfaul-accused-trump/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tpi
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:13 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
don't want trouble with #45?

Then don't look up Justin's skirt. I found Killary.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 19 Jul, 2018 04:28 pm
Quote:
If hesitating to defend a diplomat is ‘deeply troubling,’ then Hillary must be ‘deeply troubled’ every time she looks in the mirror.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-michael-mcfaul-accused-trump/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=soci
0 Replies