Jurassic Parks and Recreation!

oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 12:20 am
They're going to need a bigger boat.
"Meg" is short for "megalodon" here.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTEyNzQyOTI4MjZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDg3OTM2MjUz.jpghttps://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTAxMGRmODYtM2NkYS00ZGRlLWE1MWItYjI1MzIwNjQwN2RiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 04:09 am
@oralloy,
probably all out of size proportion to increase the scare factor. The largest teeth of a C. megalodon were about 7 to 8 inches high
farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 04:49 am
@oralloy,
       http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-u-fiBJp1C_Y/Tr2k5rIj4uI/AAAAAAAAADk/z4ngKLnI44Y/s1600/prehistoric+4.jpg
This is the old pic that was used at the Smithsonian back in the early 1900's to impress us about how large the C meg really was. Its actually quite big enough so they dont really have to bulk him up to cartoonish excess do they?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 07:18 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

They're going to need a bigger boat.
"Meg" is short for "megalodon" here.

Oh boy, it's got Jason Statham in it. I wonder if he's going to finish the Meg off with a double-spinny hollywood back flippin roundhouse kick to the Meg's teeth. It'll probably bring new heights to the phrase "jumping the shark".
farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 08:15 am
@rosborne979,
Im certain this will be done by Jason driving a Mustang or Camaro over the shark as it smashes up a draw bridge.

This will do Statham's career absolutely no good.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 09:40 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

This will do Statham's career absolutely no good.

It might increase his bank account by a bit though. I'm sure that's all he really wants.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 02:35 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
probably all out of size proportion to increase the scare factor. The largest teeth of a C. megalodon were about 7 to 8 inches high
The shark as portrayed in the trailer looks consistent with your description of the proper size.

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 04:42 am
@oralloy,
yeh, but the mouth of the one beneath that has teeth half as big as the girl. That would be Gigaledon
rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 04:50 am
@farmerman,
Or “Giggle-adon” Smile

Actually, I hate to say it, but the trailer for this thing didn’t seem all bad.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 05:12 am
@rosborne979,
Oh , Ill probably rent it. Im a sucker for stuff like that. After I see em is when I get all Roger Ebert on the producer/director.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 05:23 am
@farmerman,
It appears that the trailer has kept the teeth think pretty real (except for that final still pic where the teeth are half as big as the rubber boat).
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 02:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Oh , Ill probably rent it. Im a sucker for stuff like that. After I see em is when I get all Roger Ebert on the producer/director.

I almost never go to the movies any more. I've got a TV the size of a barn, a soft couch and free goodies in the refrigerator.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 02:32 pm
@rosborne979,
and netflix reminds you when theyll start streaming it.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 07:08 pm
@farmerman,
we used to dive in the Chesapeake Bay along the cliffs of Calvert. There were sandbars about 100 to 200 ft from shore and they were parallel shoal-like sandbars. Wed find lotsa shark teeth in the sand bars and every so often, after scratching the sand with a clam rake with a short handle, wed find C megaladon teeth. I have several really good ones in a small collection that I finally donated to a museum as I figured out that collections become almost like hoarding after you reach 50.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2018 07:13 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
I almost never go to the movies any more. I've got a TV the size of a barn, a soft couch and free goodies in the refrigerator.
I have a very nice TV too. It probably rivals my local cinema in some respects.

But it's no comparison to a 70 foot screen and dual 4K projectors (and a 4K movie to play on them), for those times when I drive to a city to see a movie.

I saw Star Wars/Solo in 4K on a 70 foot screen. It was breathtaking.

I'd be going to see Mission Impossible on a giant screen too, but the movie studio has limited 4K copies to Laser IMAX and Dolby Cinema venues. The only giant screen theaters within a reasonable driving distance from me are being forced to play in 2K.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:35 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Or “Giggle-adon” Smile

Actually, I hate to say it, but the trailer for this thing didn’t seem all bad.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
We must have seen two different trailers. I suspect this one could possibly be on my worst movies of 2018 list. I don't expect to be at least as fun as Deep Blue Sea (1999)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 12:36 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

I'd be going to see Mission Impossible on a giant screen too, but the movie studio has limited 4K copies to Laser IMAX and Dolby Cinema venues. T

Sweet hell YESS!
oralloy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 12:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
If you're lucky enough to be near a Dolby Cinema, Fallout should look amazing with 4K resolution and high dynamic range.
farmerman

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 03:45 am
@oralloy,
Whats the new movie about the domestication of dogs by an early stone age crowd??
That could be either very good or a real smokin bomb if they Disney it all up and only waste money on cgi .

Some of the best epic adventure/actions were those that used the en plein aire scenery as a character, like Jeremiah Johnson, or The Searchers, Open Range , or The Trap.

or Walkabout, or The Man from Snowy River, or even ALL IS LOST.
-------------
oralloy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2018 04:08 am
@farmerman,
Opens August 17
0 Replies