monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:22 am
Well, it looks like it's pretty much a done deal. To save her own ass, Lisa Page is prepared to testify fully about details of all the "insurance policy" meetings she attended with McCabe and other high FBI officials.

She can, and will, also thoroughly implicate Clinton, Brennan, Clapper, Obama, various State Department officials, and a lot more. She's the new Sammy the Bull, who's going to take down an entire gangster organization, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:22 am
@revelette1,
Yes. I have zero faith in this crowd. They are going "good German" on us and doing that with zest. This is a crucial historical point.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:24 am
@blatham,
Prosecutors want suspected covert Russian agent kept in jail
farmerman

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:25 am
@maporsche,
the entire GOP legislature will, after all the posturing for the cameras
is done, suffer a massive episode of testicular ascension. Not to worry.Our GOP lawmakers are prone to this condition and we know that they have a safe place in which to store their balls since theyre hardly ever used.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:29 am
@maporsche,
True, put into context with this quote, "wouldn't" makes no sense at all. (the meaning of "is.")
Quote:
I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer.

What is this idea of combining Russian law enforcement working with our law enforcement on the case? Is Trump crazy, clueless or treasonous or all three?
Quote:

He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Ok? Thank you.
Lash

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:36 am
I think the tide might turn against him. This would/wouldn’t thing is the nadir of a quite long, steep, humiliating plummet for the presidency.

He should be censured for dissing our crappy intelligence agency and talking up Russia’s on a stage in a foreign country standing with the Russian leader. I don’t care who you are or even what the facts are.

I think Republicans are desperately scanning the countryside, trying to figure out who their voters might be if they piss off Trumpers, and if they thought they could put together any coalition of regular GOP -types without Trump, he’d already be gone.

Censure should happen.
layman

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:36 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
What is this idea of combining Russian law enforcement working with our law enforcement on the case? Is Trump crazy, clueless or treasonous or all three?

Putin claims he is investigating the 12 charged. He's offered to let the FBI come sit in on those investigations, ask their own questions, etc. Sure, it all just a meaningless gesture, but what could possibly be "treasonous" about Trump mentioning it?

coldjoint

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:44 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
how this president's lies continue to surprise me,

He is trying not to lie. I think he wants to tell the American people that our intelligence agencies are corrupt and have a different agenda and it is not pro-American. He just can't do that.

He is counting on the rule of law to show this to Americans, and we see the rule of law does not matter to his detractors. The truth if it ever comes out will completely vindicate him. Not from what he did in his past but what he did for America by rooting out traitors.

0 Replies

Lash

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:46 am
I’d love some polling action on voters nationwide.
I read about former Obama voters who voted for Trump; #DemExit people; old conservatives who have left the GOP.

I don’t think we know our voting public anymore.
layman

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:47 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Here are his remarks; putting "wouldn't" in that sentence just doesn't make sense.

Of course it does. Look at the entire context, why doncha?

Quote:
My people came to me, Dan Coates, came to me and some others they said they think it's Russia...I have great confidence in my intelligence people. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia....I will say this: I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be.
izzythepush

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:48 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

This would/wouldn’t thing is the nadir of a quite long, steep, humiliating plummet for the presidency.

I think you're being overly optimistic, he's got a long way to go before he gets anywhere close to a nadir.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:49 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Censure should happen.

You are getting away from the reason Trump has to be very leery of intelligence agencies. Former, very recent, leaders of these communities are out to get him.

The circumstance surrounding the constant attacks since his election should give people pause and think about what has happened and realize Trump is right not to trust them.
maporsche

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:54 am
@layman,
Oh laymen; I pegged you correctly the other day when I said something like:

You will defend Trump, in all cases, for any reason, against all people.

You're the best cheerleader/fluffer!! Keep up the good work little guy.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:55 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think the tide might turn against him.

Naw, aint gunna happen.

Is Trump a lying weasel? Sure, just like Obama, Clinton, Bernie, and virtually every other politician who ever existed.

What else is new?

As he has said, Trump could bust a cap in the ass of some progressive on Fifth Avenue, and his ratings would go up, not down.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:59 am
@coldjoint,
I believe they are out to get him.

He STILL can’t provide a great blueprint for them. Another enormous unforced error. No American president stands on a stage attacking the American intelligence agencies, articulating preference for another country’s intelligence agency. In no way for any reason should that ever happen.

He can’t be trusted with the smallest, most basic protocol. He should not be allowed to speak privately with anyone. He should be attached to a handler and formally censured by Congress.

I’m surprised Kelly hasn’t committed hari kari.

0 Replies

layman

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:13 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think the tide might turn against him.

I don't like having to say "told ya so"...oh, wait, yeah I do like doing that.

What was your predicted date for when Trump would be completely impeached, convicted, and plumb out of office, again, Darlin? I kinda forget, now.....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:15 am
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/cbMYNVP.jpg

via WaPo Trump returns to touting his summit with Putin a day after doing damage control
coldjoint

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Another Trump critic. More tabloid news. These jerks are a dime a dozen. Trump did nothing to hurt anything in reality and practice and the critics know that.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In lieu of Ted lieu (what does he do? As if anybody knew. Or cared, too), Imma go with with Greg Gutfield, sorry.

0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:42 am
@layman,
Aside from the fact you characterized the offer Putin made too simple, it doesn't matter. It was what Trump got from his offer which was bizarre in that he saw it as a good thing.

Quote:
And what he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer. Okay thank you.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/16/17576956/transcript-putin-trump-russia-helsinki-press-conference

In other words share information/evidence with the Russian government of whom we suspect as being behind the whole election meddling. Yes there is something wrong that.