Eddie Munster
That analogy is irresistible, isn't it.
Real Music

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:39 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2d/64/d9/2d64d944860592295f4f7472df8ba0b7.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:40 pm
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37286185_10212022177457473_3727167826285297664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3b16c2af4be8eae313b51c2baa6887b8&oe=5BCD3DD4
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:41 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
However, it's certainly is not as harmful as a BJ in the Oval Office.

As a matter of fact it isn't. It is hyperbole and establishment cry babies, Democrats, and once again, and always, useful idiots.

Was Trump supposed to call Putin a liar in front of the world? We know he is a liar and so does Trump.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:44 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Eddie Munster
That analogy is irresistible, isn't it.

Well, it was for me. His name came up in a conversation with some neighbors, one of the neighbors asked "I don't know which one that is" I told him, the one that looks like Eddie Munster!!! then several remarked "Oh, that one" God I wish that wasn't true.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:45 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/congress-reaction-trump-putin-comments/index.html

excerpts

Quote:

After President Donald Trump's stunning news conference Monday next to Russian President Vladimir Putin, members of Congress -- including some powerful Republicans -- were quick to rebuke Trump's performance on the world stage and Trump's refusal to call Putin out for interfering in the US election.

House Speaker Paul Ryan contradicted several comments Trump made during his Helsinki news conference, most notably backing the US intelligence community assessment that Russia meddled with the US 2016 presidential election.

"There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world," said Ryan, a Republican from Wisconsin, in a statement. "That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence."

Ryan continued, "The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell spoke briefly with reporters Monday, giving his support to the US intelligence community.

"I've said a number of times and I say it again, the Russians are not our friends and I entirely believe the assessment of our intelligence community," the Kentucky Republican said. He did not answer a question on whether he would tell Trump that he disagreed with him.

Sen. John McCain, an Arizona Republican who has consistently criticized the President, said Trump's comments were "one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory."

Senate Foreign Relations Chairman Bob Corker said the President "made us look like a pushover" and that Putin was probably eating caviar on the plane home.

"I was very disappointed and saddened with the equivalency that he gave between them (the US intelligence agencies) and what Putin was saying," said Corker, a Tennessee Republican who is not seeking re-election.

Trump's comments that appeared to equivocate Putin's denial of Russian election meddling and the US intelligence community's assessment were commonly evoked in the steady stream of criticism.

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse, a Republican from Nebraska, issued a blistering statement just minutes after the press conference wrapped.

Sasse rebuked Trump's statement that he held "both countries responsible" for the deteriorated relationship between the United States and Russia.

"This is bizarre and flat-out wrong. The United States is not to blame. America wants a good relationship with the Russian people but Vladimir Putin and his thugs are responsible for Soviet-style aggression," Sasse said in the statement. "When the President plays these moral equivalence games, he gives Putin a propaganda win he desperately needs."

Some Republicans in both the House and Senate -- even some typically seen as allies to the President -- said in the hours following the news conference that they were concerned over what they heard Monday.

"The President's summit in Helsinki today should have been an attempt at confronting Russian aggression, hacking, and election interference," Sen. Tim Scott, a South Carolina Republican, said in a tweet. "Russia is not a friend or ally. As Americans, we stand up for our interests and values abroad; but I fear today was a step backwards."

"As a member of the House Armed Services Committee, I am deeply troubled by President Trump's defense of Putin against the intelligence agencies of the U.S. & his suggestion of moral equivalence between the U.S. and Russia. Russia poses a grave threat to our national security," tweeted Rep. Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican.

Rep. Trey Gowdy, a South Carolina Republican who was among the Republicans leading last week's sharply partisan hearing of FBI agent Peter Strzok, made clear Monday he did not see Russia as a US ally.

"I am confident former CIA Director and current Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, DNI Dan Coats, Ambassador Nikki Haley, FBI Director Chris Wray, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and others will be able to communicate to the President it is possible to conclude Russia interfered with our election in 2016 without delegitimizing his electoral success," Gowdy said in a statement.

Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins said she sharply disagreed with Trump's comments.

"It's certainly not helpful for the President to express doubt about the conclusions of his own team," Collins told reporters. "He has assembled a first-rate intelligence team handled by Dan Coats and I would hope that he would take their analysis over the predictable denials of President Putin."

Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican from South Carolina who has had a close working relationship with Trump on issues related to health care and tax reform, tweeted that the summit was a "missed opportunity."

"Missed opportunity by President Trump to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling and deliver a strong warning regarding future elections," Graham tweeted. "This answer by President Trump will be seen by Russia as a sign of weakness and create far more problems than it solves."
Graham also warned Trump to leave a soccer ball, a gift from Putin, outside of the White House.
"If it were me, I'd check the soccer ball for listening devices and never allow it in the White House," Graham said.

Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, a Republican who has been constant critic, called the President's performance "shameful."

"I never thought I would see the day when our American President would stand on the stage with the Russian President and place blame on the United States for Russian aggression. This is shameful," tweeted Flake, who is not running for re-election.

Rep. Will Hurd, a Texas Republican and former undercover CIA officer, expressed shock at Trump's attitude towards Putin and Russia.

"I've seen the Russian intelligence manipulate many people many people in my career, and I never would have thought the US President would be one of them," Hurd said on CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper."

Illinois Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger called Trump's comments rebuking the US intelligence community assessment "a disservice," though he did not mention Trump by name.

"The American people deserve the truth, & to disregard the legitimacy of our intelligence officials is a disservice to the men & women who serve this country. It's time to wake up & face reality. #Putin is not our friend; he's an enemy to our freedom," Kinzinger tweeted.

A senior GOP congressional aide told CNN it's "shocking he would disrespect our intel community on foreign soil. Next to Putin."

Utah Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch, a key Trump ally, issued a statement backing up the intelligence community, but did not directly criticize the President.

"Russia interfered in the 2016 election," Hatch said in a statement. "Our nation's top intelligence agencies all agree on that point. From the President on down, we must do everything in our power to protect our democracy by securing future elections from foreign influence and interference, regardless of what Vladimir Putin or any other Russian operative says. I trust the good work of our intelligence and law enforcement personnel who have sworn to protect the United States of America from enemies foreign and domestic."

New Jersey Republican Frank LoBiondo, who chairs the House CIA subcommittee, also said Trump missed an opportunity to grill Putin.

"I strongly disagree w/ statement that Russia did not meddle in 2016 election. With all I have seen on House Intel Comm & additional indictments of 12 Russian officers last week, it is clear Russia's intentions. President Trump missed opportunity to hold Putin publicly accountable," tweeted LoBiondo, who is not running for re-election.

I'm sure there are problems with all of their comments.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:48 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Yes. Precisely

A war, in fact a World war, would be the result. When is it supposed to start? What an idiotic thing to say.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:49 pm
@ehBeth,
I suspect this is a big piece of it. Have to make sure #45 feels good about himself or things will get worse

Quote:
Rep. Trey Gowdy, a South Carolina Republican who was among the Republicans leading last week's sharply partisan hearing of FBI agent Peter Strzok, made clear Monday he did not see Russia as a US ally.

"I am confident former CIA Director and current Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, DNI Dan Coats, Ambassador Nikki Haley, FBI Director Chris Wray, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and others will be able to communicate to the President it is possible to conclude Russia interfered with our election in 2016 without delegitimizing his electoral success," Gowdy said in a statement.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:51 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jt0r9m32JQ

0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I'm sure there are problems with all of their comments

Does anyone realize all the intelligence agencies were weaponized by the Obama administration.(with the possible exception of the NSA) Why should Trump trust them?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 07:56 pm
Quote:
Putin Offers To Help Mueller, Says Wealthy Russian Gave Clinton Campaign $400,000

Look at that, Mueller can indict Killary with Putin's help and probably get an conviction.
Quote:
Putin said Bill Browder gave $400 million in donations to Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

https://conservativedailypost.com/putin-offers-to-help-mueller-says-wealthy-russian-gave-clinton-campaign-400000/
coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
they'll have to update the page eh

Is that Justin in drag?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:06 pm
"Hacking" Podesta's emails wasn't hacking, it was phishing--he voluntarily gave out his own password and anyone, anywhere could have phished for that.

Any political opponent of another, with hundreds of millions in their war chests, can easily have people bashing their opponent on the internet 24/7. It doesn't take a russian to do that.

I just can't see such routine "dirty tricks," very common within domestic politics, as being some existential threat to our democracy.

Where Russia did do great damage, and succeed in it's goal of sowing discord, distrust, and division, was in having it's agents give the information to Steele that Hillary paid for. That's what has literally caused turmoil in our country beyond Russia's wildest dreams.

All with the enthusiastic approval of those who pretend to be most critical of "russian interference."
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:09 pm
Quote:
8 Times Obama Sold Out America to Russia

Quote:
What did Putin get from Obama?

1. A free hand in Georgia

2. A free hand in Syria

3. The betrayal of Poland vis a vis the missile shield

4. The betrayal of Ukraine by refusing to provide its governor with useful weapons

5. A whole bunch of our uranium via Uranium One

6. A deal allowing Russia's Iranian allies to go nuclear

7. Failure to do anything about the same Russian actions that the media is now blaming Trump for. Instead his administration actually issued a stand down order.

What has Trump given to Putin? Nothing. He's come to the defense of Poland and Ukraine when Obama wouldn't.

If this is the media's metric for treason, then Obama is a traitor. He not only praised Putin, he promised to make a sweetheart deal with Russia after the election was over.

Glad that is settled. Obama was, and is a traitor.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/270758/8-times-obama-sold-out-america-russia-daniel-greenfield#.W0z3WTrIoSQ.twitter
gungasnake

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:28 pm
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-16/putin-claims-us-intelligence-agents-funneled-400-million-clinton-campaign
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:32 pm
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3874279/pg1
gungasnake

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:42 pm
https://politicsdailynewsreport.blogspot.com/2018/07/wikileaks-bombshell-if-trump-doesnt.html?spref=fb&m=1
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 08:42 pm
@gungasnake,

Could this be the reason no one wanted Trump to talk to Putin?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:15 pm
@coldjoint,
The way I read it, it was more like a group of Russian super banditos gave HDK more like 400M...
coldjoint

Mon 16 Jul, 2018 10:22 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The way I read it, it was more like a group of Russian super banditos gave HDK more like 400M...

There are other people in the FBI that could certainly look into this. Maybe they will send someone to collect the evidence and put Killary's fat ass in jail.