monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

maporsche

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:16 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Gohmert was owned. It was beautiful to watch.

Agreed; talk about getting shut down.
layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:20 am
I see that you deleted your totally false claim that Trump said the interview was "faked," eh, Walt, before I could even respond to it.

Who's the one trying to spread "fake news," here, eh?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:22 am
@layman,
The Sun wrote:
The President softened his stance from that in The Sun's world exclusive interview
Source: The Sun (Updated: 13th July 2018, 3:14 pm)
revelette1

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yeah, he is a pretty big guy tweeting away on his phone or in an interview. Getting him face to face, not so much it seems.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:26 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

Louie kicked his self some BIGTIME ass.

You see a bunch of moronic democrats screaming in unison in defense of the guy they are callling a hero deserving of a "purple heart," as "getting owned?" Fraid not.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:27 am
@layman,
I suppose, you followed live like me what he said?
You claimed elsewhere that you speak American and not English, so certainly you understand better what he said than others (and especially me, since I'm neither an English nor an American native speaker)

However, Trump has claimed his suggestion for how to deliver Brexit was "too tough" for Theresa May - but she might have to take his advice if her plans failed. He insisted he had given May a "suggestion" on how to conduct the negotiations, but he refused to clarify further what his advice had been.
layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The Sun wrote:
The President softened his stance from that in The Sun's world exclusive interview
Source: The Sun (Updated: 13th July 2018, 3:14 pm)

You will buy every piece of fakes news that come down the pike, woncha, Walt. Trump didn't "soften" nuthin. Even the headline of the article you cite admits that. It reads:

Quote:
Donald Trump heaps praise on the UK and says ‘whatever you do’ with Brexit ‘is okay with me – just make sure you can trade with us’

Any opinion, the more biased againt Trump, the more better, that you come across is "factual" news, in the eyes of cheese-eaters.

It's just sorry.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:11 am
@layman,
So that only that part of the report you point at is true, the rest is fake news like the video.

Thank for your expertise!

But again: what about you following the press conference? Fake journalist posing fake questions getting concrete-true answers?
layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

So that only that part of the report you point at is true, the rest is fake news like the video.

Thank for your expertise!

But again: what about you following the press conference? Fake journalist posing fake questions getting concrete-true answers?

I listened to the original interview, on tape. I don't have to follow the subsequent "press conference" to know that everything you've posted about it (i.e., the interview) is false, eh, Walt?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:22 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
I don't have to follow the subsequent "press conference" to know that everything you've posted about it (i.e., the interview) is false, eh, Walt?
Seriously: you think all the aired live reports are faked? Even those the US-Embassy Court of St James's posted?
layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

However, Trump has claimed his suggestion for how to deliver Brexit was "too tough" for Theresa May - but she might have to take his advice if her plans failed. He insisted he had given May a "suggestion" on how to conduct the negotiations, but he refused to clarify further what his advice had been.

Who has "softened up" after their meeting, eh, Walt? From your own article:

Quote:
The PM said: "We agreed today, that as the UK leaves the European Union, we will pursue an ambitious US-UK Free Trade Agreement...Asked if her Chequers plan would block global trade deals, Mrs May replied: "There will be no limit to the possibility of us doing trade deals with the rest of the world."
0 Replies

layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

layman wrote:
I don't have to follow the subsequent "press conference" to know that everything you've posted about it (i.e., the interview) is false, eh, Walt?
Seriously: you think all the aired live reports are faked? Even those the US-Embassy Court of St James's posted?

No, of course they're not faked. Read what I actually said about them, why doncha?
0 Replies

layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
More from your own damn article, eh, Walt? Where did Trump "soften up?"

Quote:
The President also doubled down on his criticism of Europe's immigration policies at the press conference.

He had told The Sun: "I think allowing millions and millions of people to come into Europe is very, very sad. I think you are losing your culture."

And asked about the comments today, Mr Trump said: "I think it's been very bad for Europe.

"What has happened is very tough, it's a very tough situation... you see the terror attacks that I do.

"They'd better watch themselves because you're changing culture, you're changing a lot of things, you're changing security. I do not think it's good for Europe."
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:33 am
Posters at London protest:

Trump is so bad, even the introverts are here.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:36 am
Pretty good one.
A woman, spray-painted green and dressed as the Statue of Liberty carries this sign:

Go home and think about what you've done.

Lash

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:37 am
"Let the corgis eat him."

A transvestite:

"Trump stole all my bronzer."
0 Replies

nimh

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:38 am
@gungasnake,
Now I've seen it all... I actually agree with at least part of a Gungasnake post. Shocked

Arrow Instant runoff elections (an idea that was successfully pushed forward by liberal, democratic reformers in Maine and San Francisco). Wholeheartedly support.

Arrow A "None of the Above" option on the ballot. Wouldn't go as far as Gunga goes obviously... but yeah, there should be an option like that on the ballot; and if NOTA gets more votes than any individual candidate, the election should be re-run with different candidates. Russia used to have an option like this, before Putin had it abolished. The state of Nevada has a NOTA ballot option too. See this old thread: https://able2know.org/topic/71605-1

Arrow Not wholly sure on the idea that if a president is impeached and removed, his VP should leave too. Intuitively, I agree. Imagine Trump eventually ends up being impeached. Would it really be right if Pence and the GOP, having bend over backwards to serve as Trump's lapdogs, just take over and keep governing for the rest of his term? Seems like, if something that drastic happens, there should be early elections -- like there would be in most any other country if the head of government had to resign in shame after formal proceedings over abuses of office.

That said, I can see an argument about the dangers of acute destabilization especially when it concerns the most powerful country on earth. Maybe the rule should be limited to the VP having to resign as well if it was established that he was aware of the impeachable acts of the President and didn't speak up or resist.

I'm against "some mechanism to prevent utterly unqualified people from holding high offices", though, even if it might have saved us from President Trump.. That's a judgement call that should be left up to the voters.
layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:39 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Pretty good one.
A woman, spray-painted green and dressed as the Statue of Liberty carries this sign:

Go home and think about what you've done.

I take it that this is what lady liberty would say to any illegal immigrant who claimed to love America and respect its laws, sho nuff.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:50 am
Trump protest poster:

"You're even worse than Morrissey."
maporsche

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:53 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

maporsche wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

Louie kicked his self some BIGTIME ass.

You see a bunch of moronic democrats screaming in unison in defense of the guy they are callling a hero deserving of a "purple heart," as "getting owned?" Fraid not.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.

When DANA PERINO thinks you've gone overboard, then you're really a turd. Then you got guys like Layman eating it up. Hey, maybe turd-eater is a good moniker for people like you.

Quote:
Perino, who also hosts "The Daily Briefing" at 2 p.m. on the network, took Republicans, and specifically Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), to task for asking Strzok about the affair he was having with Lisa Page, a former FBI lawyer. The text messages were sent between the two while working at the agency.

“Several Republicans, including Louie Gohmert, I will say, went way overboard. It felt like a public lynching. And I thought it was terrible. You know what they should do with these hearings? And I know we’re in television, so maybe we don’t want to say this, they should not be on camera. They should be on the record.”