layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:55 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Trump protest poster:

"You're even worse than Morrissey."

I take it they're talkin about this Morrissey, eh?:

Quote:
As the band's frontman, Morrissey attracted attention for his unconventional yet expressive baritone voice, witty and sardonic lyrics, and idiosyncratic appearance; deliberately avoiding rock machismo, he cultivated the aesthetic of a social outsider who eschewed drugs and embraced celibacy.

To a damn cheese-eater, I suppose that anybody who doesn't "embrace celibacy" is "worse" than him, eh?

Count me in on the "worse" faction, OK?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 09:56 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
I'm against "some mechanism to prevent utterly unqualified people from holding high offices", though, even if it might have saved us from President Trump.. That's a judgement call that should be left up to the voters.
Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite. Joseph de Maistre (source)
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:18 am
@layman,
It might be his music?
revelette1

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:20 am
Mueller indicts 12 Russians for DNC hacking (CNN)

Quote:
Prosecutors from special counsel Robert Mueller's office and the Justice Department's National Security Division visited the courtroom of a federal magistrate judge in Washington at 11:30 a.m. ET to return a grand jury indictment, according to an itinerary posted outside the courtroom.

This story is breaking and will be updated.
layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:22 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

It might be his music?

Could be. I wouldn't know. Never heard the punk. But I take it that it aint no blues. Ya call that "music?"

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:34 am
@revelette1,
Astonishing intelligence work.
Lash

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:48 am
The queen is carrying her pocketbook on the side next to Trump to avoid being grabbed by handsy Trump. It’s hilarious.

She’s using it like Wonder Woman’s deflector bracelets.

I’m afraid he’s just going to tackle her to help her down stairs.
Lash

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:50 am
Layman, screenshot that upfivevote. One of them is mine.😎
ehBeth

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 10:53 am
@glitterbag,
Astonishing is definitely the word.

I've been following a guy on twitter doing a server analysis of the 2016 election for a year and a half now. This set of indictments are still shocking.
ehBeth

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:00 am
@revelette1,
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/democratic-party-12-million-registered-voters-republican-party/2018/07/13/id/871539/

___

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/scott-pruitt-epa-inquiry-behavior/2018/07/13/id/871537/

___

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/396902-rosenstein-trump-fully-aware-of-russian-indictments

Quote:
The No. 2 Justice Department official said Trump, who is traveling in Europe, was briefed on the matter earlier this week.

The indictments were made public just three days before Trump was set to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki.

Rosenstein, who has been a target of Trump’s ire over the special counsel's Russia investigation, said it is “important for the president to know what information was uncovered because he has to make very important decisions for the country.”

“He needs to know what evidence there is of foreign election interference,” said Rosenstein.

Trump has promised to raise the issue of election meddling with Putin, saying Friday he will “absolutely firmly ask the question” during their meeting.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:04 am
@Lash,
Quote:
screenshot that upfivevote
(he won't bother... layman is into negativity, sure enough...)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:09 am
Quote:

BY CATE MARTEL - 07/13/18 12:32 PM EDT 0

TALK OF THE MORNING

What fun is having a grievance if you don't publicly air it?:

President Trump gave a bombshell interview to the British newspaper The Sun where he criticized British Prime Minister Theresa May on her Brexit strategy. The line that's getting traction: "I would have done it much differently," Trump said of May's Brexit strategy. "I actually told Theresa May how to do it, but she didn't listen to me. ... She should negotiate the best way she knows how. But it is too bad what is going on." The full interview in The Sun: http://bit.ly/2KQOKWW

THEN AFTER THE INTERVIEW:

Trump said he's still tight with May: When asked about his interview with The Sun, President Trump said his relationship with British Prime Minister Theresa May is strong. "The relationship is very, very strong ... very, very good," Trump said, according to pool reports. http://bit.ly/2LfDcJ9

And he says he apologized to her: "President Trump says he apologized for The Sun coverage at the beginning of his meeting today with PM May: 'I said, I want to apologize, because I said such good things about you.' Her response, he says: 'Don't worry, it's just the press.' " Just the press Sad Sad http://bit.ly/2Ne2DeI

Aaand he even said he likes her Brexit strategy: During a joint press conference with May, Trump said he supports May on her Brexit strategy. "Whatever you're going to do is OK with us," Trump said. http://bit.ly/2JiHwFK

https://media.giphy.com/media/cLtvKDcQYkSRO/giphy.gif

da link
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:26 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I've been following a guy on twitter doing a server analysis of the 2016 election for a year and a half now. This set of indictments are still shocking.
Why? What's the big deal?
blatham

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:32 am
1) What is it with this "Space Force" idea Trump advanced a few weeks ago? And (2)how will it be funded?

1) Trump is going to build a ceiling
2) and make the Martians pay for it.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:33 am
@gungasnake,
An absolutely dumb post from snaKKKe. By his criteria, Trump would have failed to be president by at least three criteria.. Well, actually that would be a good thing. Actually, by his criteria, the Republicans would be ooutlawed for at least the next tewn years, not the Democrats. Hmm, maybe he's unwittingly got something there, though he's completely ass backwards abvout who it would bite. Hint: not the Dems.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:41 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
@revelette1,
Quote:
Mueller indicts 12 Russians for DNC hacking (CNN)

Another publicity stunt. Indicting people who will never be in US custody means you never have to prove your charges in court.

That one is worse than a cheap publicity stunt and Revelette plainly has not kept up with the news. That one is more like a clown who tells the world that he is a great hero and is on a mission from God to slay the windmill monster (which he figures is inanimate), gets on his horse, charges towards the windmill, and then the windmill gets up and kicks his ass.

Mueller figured there was no way in hell any of those Russians would ever show up in the US courtroom, kind of like what you call a free shot in football where the quarterback gets a free attempted a long pass after a flag has been thrown.

In fact, those Russians DID show up demanding their day in court and all Mueller could do was stumble around looking stupid, oinking about postponements.

glitterbag

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 11:43 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

ehBeth wrote:
Why? What's the big deal?

Are you really asking “What’s the big deal.” I’m seriously asking you about this.