monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 04:30 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Destabilizing to whom, exactly?

Don't you follow world events? Do you really need examples provided for you? The guy campaigned on a promise to "shake things up" and he's proceeded to do exactly that, much to the delight of his supporters.
Quote:
We're seeing positives from the current admin, and lots of arseholes being brought to task; Stroker included.

What "positives" are those? Why is Strzok an "arsehole"? (I realize his name is unusual but simply copying and pasting it from the original text will help to prevent stupid spelling errors. You forgot the "z" and there's no "er" on the end.)
Builder

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 04:35 am
@hightor,

Quote:
Don't you follow world events?

Which world?

Quote:
Do you really need examples provided for you?

Of US meddling in foreign "affairs"? Not at all.

Quote:
The guy campaigned on a promise to "shake things up"

And the total financial and directional take-over of the DNC wasn't a "shake up"??

Quote:
Why is Strzok an "arsehole"?

Let's let the courts decide that, shall we?
hightor

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 04:52 am
@Builder,
Quote:

And the total financial and directional take-over of the DNC wasn't a "shake up"??

No — if you're referring to the relationship between the banking industry and the Democratic Party, that began years ago when Dems realized they were always going to be outspent by the corporate-friendly Republican Party and had to find new sources of funding. This happened back in the days of "direct mail", long before electronic crowd-funding was developed. I wouldn't call it a "shake up" at all. Of course, maybe you're referring to something else. If you are, please explain your point in detail.
Quote:
Let's let the courts decide that, shall we?

Yeah, as if the jury foreman is going to announce that, "The jury has reached a decision; the defendant is indeed an arsehole." Good luck waiting for that to happen.
Builder

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 05:47 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I wouldn't call it a "shake up" at all. Of course, maybe you're referring to something else. If you are, please explain your point in detail.

National org finds itself destitute after two seemingly successful terms fielding a POTUS on the national stage, and agrees to sign a binding legal document, written up (quite plausibly HRC) by legal eagles of some description, basically usurping control and direction (and lots of funds, of course) to one hopeful individual.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 05:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
May has been made to look a complete idiot by fawning to Trump. She attracted a ton of criticism when she offered him a state visit when she first met him only for him to announce his Muslim ban the next day.

She's weak and ineffectual, but probably the best the Tories have to offer. Johnson is a buffoon and would lose a general election.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:04 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Why is Strzok an "arsehole"? (I realize his name is unusual but simply copying and pasting it from the original text will help to prevent stupid spelling errors. You forgot the "z" and there's no "er" on the end.)

Once again proving that cheese-eaters have absolutely no sense of humor. Builder called him Stroker for a reason. Hint: it aint cause the boy can't spell.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:22 am
@layman,
Quote:
They have been quite "polite" to the criminal muslims who have invaded their sorry ass en masse, no question about that.

I'd hazard a guess that English was your first language, homes.
layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:33 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
They have been quite "polite" to the criminal muslims who have invaded their sorry ass en masse, no question about that.

I'd hazard a guess that English was your first language, homes.

Well, not exactly, Homey. I've picked up a little bit of it along the way, but for the most part, I leave "English" to them candyass Limeys. Me, I talk American.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:46 am
@layman,
Quote:
Once again proving that cheese-eaters have absolutely no sense of humor.

Still wondering if hi isn't a new level of automated response bot.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 06:51 am
Shows you just how principled and well-considered the policies of the cheese-eaters are, eh?

Quote:
Dems who drafted bill to abolish ICE now say they'll vote against it

Democrats who drafted a bill to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement [ICE] suddenly announced Thursday night that they would vote against it if the legislation went to the floor.

"If Speaker Ryan puts our bill on the floor, we plan to vote no and will instead use the opportunity to force an urgently needed and long-overdue conversation on the House floor."

They'll quickly adopt any self-destructive position that comes down the pike if they think it will get them votes, eh? They rush to introduce "abolish ICE" legislation the second they see some hispanic in a hispanic district win a primary after campaigning on that proposal.

Then, turns out, they start to slowly realize that the issue will lose them votes, so now they're gunna oppose their own damn legislation.

Well, that's OK. They still have their winning issue: Impeach Trump!

Nice try, cheese-eaters.

0 Replies

blatham

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:32 am
Nothing in all this broad universe is less surprising than Trump being ego-wounded and angry at this

https://d15zn84cat5tp0.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GettyImages-997574714-804x450@2x.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:33 am
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Now, Trump accuses The Sun of 'fake news' and insists whatever Theresa May does with Brexit 'is ok with me'.
He claims 'I didn’t criticise the prime minister, I have a lot of respect the prime minister' - despite the interview being on tape.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Trump says the Nord Stream pipeline is a "horrible thing". He says he has been told Germany will get 60 or 70% of its energy from Russia. That is bad for Russia, he says.
gungasnake

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 07:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Trump says the Nord Stream pipeline is a "horrible thing". He says he has been told Germany will get 60 or 70% of its energy from Russia. That is bad for Russia, he says.

DT is still getting some very bad advice in one or two areas (deep state). Butthat doesn't begin to compare with the problems Western Europe is facing.

Germany getting most of its energy from Russia tells me that NATO is in desperate need of being disbanded.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 08:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Now, Trump accuses The Sun of 'fake news' and insists whatever Theresa May does with Brexit 'is ok with me'.
He claims 'I didn’t criticise the prime minister, I have a lot of respect the prime minister' - despite the interview being on tape.

Have you even listened to the interview, Walt? What he called "fake news" were false reports that he said May bored him.

Quote:
Asked about a report in The Washington Post that he thinks of Mrs May as “a bossy schoolteacher”, Mr Trump said: “No, no, no, no. I never said anything bad about her.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/trump-may-brexit-us-deal-off/

The full interview is also at that link. He also said he really liked May and that she had to negotiate in the way she felt best, even if he didn't personally agree with it.