@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Who is deranged here?

In that pic? Who aint?
gungasnake

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:25 pm
@layman,
Quote:
This clip ROCKS! The whole congress goes wild.

That's more than rocking. Scale of 1 - 10 for socking it to somebody, that's a ten point five or something, and I mean off the scale!!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Quote:
What becomes of the children?

Why do you care? Do you have children? Those children are watched now, the Obama administration released them to anybody.Signature

The only use demokkkrats have for children is pimping them out or "spirit cooking" or otherwise in painful manner disposing of them. Don't believe me? A simple Google image search on "Podesta art" will convince most people that something is seriously wrong with the way demokkkrats view children.

https://steemit.com/pizzagate/@gizmosia/art-podesta-admires-and-buys-you-may-never-sleep-well-again

Children in Podesta/demokkkrat art...

https://steemitimages.com/0x0/https://i.imgsafe.org/4c7156f263.jpg

0 Replies

Blickers

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
If Trump wasn't making noise the deadbeats would have done nothing.
Among other things, they give us a huge strategic advantage over Russia just by being in NATO. Did you ever think of that? Apparently not, it's not raised in conservative media outlets, so you don't think of it.
Blickers

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:46 pm
@jcboy,
Quote jcboy:
Quote:
tRump's administration claims 47 5 & under children will not be returned to their parent since the parent has been deported and they have no records. What becomes of the children? Put up for adoption?

Sounds like intentional Republican child trafficking.

It is exactly that-child trafficking. Since about ¾ of the immigrants are from countries where there is extreme danger and violence, the story is: Come to America for asylum, we steal your babies and send you home. Ha Ha.
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:48 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
Since about ¾ of the immigrants are from countries where there is extreme danger and violence,

Whose fault is that?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:50 pm
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/3851c619cdb3df3f60e7610ee9baa50bee5cabd0e15912d098820d498139d8f0.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/07/mike-flynn-jr-sounds-off-on-peter-strzok-this-man-interviewed-my-father-let-that-sink-in/
coldjoint

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:55 pm
Quote:
Mexico’s New President Orders Fence Built at His Southern Border But Condemns U.S. Wall

He must be a Democrat, who else could be that hypocritical? Shocked
https://conservativebase.com/mexicos-new-president-orders-fence-built-at-his-southern-border-but-condemns-u-s-wall/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:08 pm
https://i.imgur.com/cI5knoM.jpg
layman

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:14 pm
The latest poll shows Trump's approval in England going from 45% to 87% as soon as this came out;

Quote:
Trump slams May over 'very unfortunate' Brexit plan, says 'it will probably kill' US trade deal

President Trump criticized British Prime Minister Theresa May's handling of Brexit Thursday, telling The Sun newspaper that her plan was "very unfortunate" and would "probably" kill any possible trade deal between the U.S. and the U.K. The comments could be seen as a body blow to May's government...

When asked about the ongoing negotiations between May's government and the EU over the terms of their divorce, Trump told The Sun: "I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn’t agree, she didn’t listen to me.

"She wanted to go a different route. I would actually say that she probably went the opposite way. And that is fine, she should negotiate the best way she knows how. But it is too bad what is going on."

"The deal she is striking is a much ­different deal than the one the people voted on. It was not the deal that was in the referendum."

"If they do a deal like [May's plan], we would be dealing with the European Union instead of dealing with the U.K., so it will probably kill the deal ... We have enough difficulty with the European Union. We are cracking down right now on the European Union because they have not treated the United States fairly on trading."

0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:27 pm
@layman,
Louis Gohmert demonstrates how to make demokkkrats squeal like pigs and Sean Hannity excoriates Peter Stzzzuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_pjuJNmniI

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's a surprisingly consensus in today's British papers: the PM’s decision to host a UK visit by Donald Trump has backfired against her in the worst possible fashion, with the US president bucketing her plan for Brexit in extraordinary comments that trampled all protocols of relations between world leaders.
Builder

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
[...snip} extraordinary comments that trampled all protocols of relations between world leaders.

Perhaps this imaginary "protocol" needs trampling, Walter.

Almost everything that this British "leader" has done, re Brexit, appears to be contrary to the wishes of the majority of Brits who voted to leave the EU, so who is trampling upon whom?
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:48 am
@layman,
Quote:
This clip ROCKS!

Stroker doesn't convince anyone with that smug mug of his.

Blickers

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 12:59 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:
I commend you for your research.

Now tell me if that research turned up a treaty or actual written agreement that covered the Soviet Union transferring territorial rights to the Crimea to Ukraine?
??? Russia gave Ukraine the Crimea in 1954. When you give a place to another state, county, or country, it means the territory and people are part of you. So I don't know how you figure that you can admit that Russia gave Crimea to Ukraine, but didn't give it territorial rights. It's absurd.

Moreover, as stated previously, if Russia had qualms about the idea of newly independent Ukraine continuing to include Crimea, Russia sure didn't show it when it became the first country to recognize the newly independent Ukraine, and continued to pay Ukraine lease money for the use of the Russian Naval Base at Sebastopol in the Crimea.

Nonetheless you demand more, Lord knows why. So, just to put your mind completely at ease, I present the following: An officially Russian approved map of the former Soviet republics belonging to the Russia's defense union, (CTSO), and Russia's economic union, (CIS).

https://i.imgur.com/CL6QTUL.png?1

This map was made after 2006, since that is when Uzbekistan joined the CIS. This map never gets made unless Russia approves of it. The countries in white don't belong to either the CTSO or CIS, (and couldn't be happier about that, either). The country marked with a blue U is Ukraine, and that peninsula jutting out into the Black Sea is the Crimea.

This map means that even after 2006, Russia was officially approving maps showing Crimea as not belonging to Russia in any shape, size or form.

This proves that the Russian historical claim to the Crimea was dead as a doornail as far as Russia cared, until Putin decided that the oil wealth flowing into Russia would enable him to become a world strongman who everyone would allow to spread his authority influence over Eastern Europe. Ukraine, unlike Poland, Czechoslovaka and other former iron Curtain countries was not part of NATO, so Putin decided to see what would happen if he took part of the country and annexed it, just to see if the NATO powers would do.

He found out. Obama and the EU slapped sanctions onto Russia that crippled its already faltering economy, (you have to realize that a good economy to Russians would be living standards like Americans during the Great Depression of the 193os, so you can just imagine what a bad Russian economy is like). So instead of military approach, Putin decided to employ social media and other methods to install a puppet in the White House who will get the sanctions lifted. So far, with little success.

Below viewing threshold (view)
gungasnake

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 02:30 am
@Builder,
You should not need to be the world's greatest expert on body language to watch those proceedings and gather the fact that Peter Stzzzruck is damaged goods.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 02:49 am
The G-Man Fights Back: Peter Strzok Zaps His Republican Inquisitors

Quote:
In recent months, Donald Trump and some of his Republican supporters on Capitol Hill have seized on Peter Strzok—the senior F.B.I. agent who, in 2016, led the Bureau’s investigations of Hillary Clinton’s e-mail practices and of Russian interference in the Presidential election—as if he represented some kind of get-out-of-jail-free card for the President.

Practically every day, Trump attacks Strzok on Twitter, depicting his role in the Russia probe as proof it was a “Witch Hunt” from the get-go. Last week, Republican officials from the House Judiciary Committee and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee questioned Strzok—pronounced “Struck”—for more than eleven hours in a private session. And on Thursday, the Republican members of the two committees sought to put him on the griddle before the cameras in a joint hearing, only to discover that messing with G-men can be dangerous. It was they and their President who got burned.

On the face of things, Strzok was in an invidious position: having to defend a series of text messages he sent to the woman with whom he was having an affair—Lisa Page, an F.B.I. attorney at the time—in which he repeatedly bemoaned the prospect of a Trump victory and vowed it wouldn’t happen. After Trump took office, Strzok had been part of the special counsel Robert Mueller’s team investigating Russian interference in the election—but he was reassigned after Mueller found out about the texts. Trump and the Republicans have been crowing about these messages for months, and the South Carolina congressman Trey Gowdy, the first Republican to get a crack at Strzok on Thursday, went straight to one from July 21, 2016, in which Strzok said, “Trump is a disaster. I have no idea how destabilizing his presidency would be.”

Strzok was far from fazed, however. With his close-cut hair, sharp features, and self-confident bearing, he looked like Hollywood’s idea of a senior F.B.I. agent, and he seemed delighted to have his say in public. In his opening statement, which he read out slowly, in a firm voice, he had already effectively demolished the Republican theory of the case: that he was out to get Trump, and prevent him from becoming President. “In the summer of 2016, I was one of a handful of people who knew the details of Russian election interference and its possible connections with members of the Trump campaign,” Strzok said. “This information had the potential to derail and, quite possibly, defeat Mr. Trump. But the thought of exposing that information never crossed my mind.”

Not content with undermining the logic of his inquisitors, Strzok also dared to question their motivation, and even their patriotism, saying, “I understand we are living in a political era in which insults and insinuation often drown out honesty and integrity, but the honest truth is that Russian interference in our elections constitutes a grave attack on our democracy.” The Russian attack had been “wildly successful—sowing discord in our nation and shaking faith in our institutions,” Strzok continued. “I have the utmost respect for Congress’s oversight role, but I truly believe that today’s hearing is just another victory notch in Putin’s belt and another milestone in our enemies' campaign to tear America apart.”

If this were a boxing match, the referee might well have declared a T.K.O. then and there. But Gowdy got his opportunity to land some blows, and he eventually focussed in on a late-night text exchange from August 8, 2016, in which Lisa Page wrote to Strzok, “Trump’s never going to become president, right?” Strzok replied, “No. No. He’s not. We’ll stop it.”

Many of Trump’s supporters have seized on this message as a smoking gun. In the private hearing, Strzok testified that the ”We’ll” referred to the American people, not the F.B.I. As Gowdy questioned him, he repeatedly said the text needed to be presented in its proper context. Gowdy, who is an experienced tormentor of Democratic witnesses, declined to give him a chance to make such a presentation. But after a noisy intervention from the Democratic congressman David Cicilline, Bob Goodlatte, the head of the Judiciary Committee, who was chairing the hearing, made the fateful decision to grant Strzok more time.

The text didn’t come out of the blue, Strzok explained. It was written late at night “off the cuff, and in response to a series of events that included then candidate Trump insulting the immigrant family of a fallen war hero, and my presumption, based upon that horrible, disgusting behavior, that the American population would not elect somebody demonstrating that behavior to be the President of the United States.”

Strzok was referring here to Trump’s dismissive statements, on July 31, 2016, about Ghazala Khan, the mother of Humayun Khan, a Muslim-American soldier who was killed by a car bomb in Iraq, in 2004. At the time, even some Republicans balked at Trump’s offensive comments. The text “was in no way, unequivocally, any suggestion that me, the F.B.I., would take any action whatsoever to improperly impact the electoral process, for any candidate,” Strzok went on. And addressing Gowdy directly, he added, “So I take great offense and I take great disagreement to your assertion of what that was or wasn’t.”

Strzok then turned his attention back to Goodlatte. His voice rising, he delivered a statement that may have been prepared but also appeared to come from somewhere deep inside him. It is worth quoting in full:

"I can assure you, Mr. Chairman, at no time in any of these texts did those personal beliefs ever enter into the realm of any action I took. Furthermore, this isn’t just me sitting here telling you. You don’t have to take my word for it. At every step, at every investigative decision, there are multiple layers of people above me—the assistant director, executive assistant director, deputy director, and director of the F.B.I.—and multiple layers of people below me—section chiefs, supervisors, unit chiefs, case agents and analysts—all of whom were involved in all of these decisions.

"They would not tolerate any improper behavior in me any more than I would tolerate it in them. That is who we are as the F.B.I. And the suggestion that I and some dark chamber somewhere in the F.B.I. would somehow cast aside all of these procedures, all of these safeguards, and somehow be able to do this is astounding to me. It simply couldn’t happen. And the proposition that is going on, that it might occur anywhere in the F.B.I., deeply corrodes what the F.B.I. is in American society, the effectiveness of their mission, and it is deeply destructive.”

As Strzok spoke, Gowdy leaned back in his chair, a cold look on his face. What was he thinking? He hasn’t served entirely as a White House patsy on the Russia affair. At one point, he suggested that Trump should start acting more like he is innocent. But Gowdy and other House Republicans invested what was left of their credibility in a conspiracy theory that was now blowing up in their faces, live on television. After Strzok said the words “deeply destructive,” there was a brief silence in the hearing room. Then there was a round of applause from the public gallery.

NYer
Builder

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:18 am
Quote:
[...snip] in which Strzok said, “Trump is a disaster. I have no idea how destabilizing his presidency would be.

Destablizing to whom, exactly?

We're seeing positives from the current admin, and lots of arseholes being brought to task; Stroker included.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 13 Jul, 2018 03:59 am
@hightor,
Quote:
LONDON (Reuters) - A junior minister in Prime Minister Theresa May’s government asked Donald Trump: “Where are your manners, Mr President?” after the U.S. leader criticized her Brexit strategy in an interview published during his visit to Britain.

Trump told The Sun newspaper that May’s plan for Brexit had probably killed off the chance of a U.S.-British trade deal and said he thought May’s rival, Boris Johnson, would make “a great prime minister”. May and Trump are due to hold talks on Friday.

Trump’s comments dominated the news agenda in Britain on the first full day of his visit, and drew criticism from many politicians.

Sam Gyimah, a junior minister for universities, science and research, made his comment about Trump on Twitter.
reuters